Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 months of ups and downs

It has been 9 months since I have been banded and it has been a roller coaster ride for me! I went thru Bandster Hell(expected). I had fills every month staring at 6 week post op. By Aug I was at 6.5 cc. That was way to tight so I had 1/2cc taken out 1week later. I was steadily loosing weight and was quite happy with the results I was achieving! I was feeling restriction and was being satisfied with the small portions.

Then horror hit in my home! (Long story short ....... Contracted roofers left backer board off the roof overnight and it rained that nigh! After all said and done ..... $60,000 worth of damage and the contractor had cancelled his ins policy 1 weeks prior to my project starting. ) luckily my homeowners stepped in to repair the damages!

Anyway, this happened in Aug and we did not move back into my home until Nov 15. During this time I have been putting on and taking off the same 10 lbs and cannot get out of this vicious circle!

Because of what was going on, I got very depressed. Which lead to eating around my band or just choosing the wrong things to put in my mouth. I then see the weight going up so I follow the rules for a while and the weight comes off. I get disheartened again about the house and around the circle we go again! I am on Pristique for the depression and it was helping me tremendously before all of this.

My home is back to normal now and I was hoping to just jump back into the routine I was in before Huricaine Todd (the contractors name) came through my home! Didn't happen ! It has now been three months since we have moved back in and I am still battling those 10 lbs! I lost momentum I guess and cannot get it back. I am still 25-35 lbs away from goal and I really want it.

I have really bad arthritis in my hips and it is very painful to exercise.

I am lost and don't know what to do! I am ashamed I am in this circle and I want to get on the straight and narrow again fast!

Please let me know if something like this has happened to you and how you over came it. I have already tried just pulling up the old boot straps and merged on, but it didn't work!

Any ideas or suggestions that worked for you would be great!

Thanks for listening,

Carla

Taking it one day at a time.

Foe ME, I like my band way too tight as you described it....and I have learned to adjust to it....so, having said that, I find it impossible to overeat, so mood swings, social events, stress, etc, does not, and cannot change my eating...it simply is what it is.....the band is a constant, even though I am not....

Some people follow a set of rules, a diet so to speak, and that's fine...especially if it works for them.....more their efforts than the bands...I tend to go the other way, more band than me...but not everyone can or cares to do that....to not be in control....

For ME, the only rule is listening to the band and letting it be in charge.....

I hope you regain your self discipline and self control.....

I know what your saying. I had a rough 2 years when my dad was dying of cancer and my 24 year old niece died unexpectedly. It seemed like I forgot about me! I turned to food because that's what I've always done! I gained around 40 pounds back after being at my goal for over 3 years. I think if it were possible I would do as B-52 did. Let the band be more in control. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get fills without horrible pain in my shoulder, neck, back, ear, and headaches. Therefore, I have to keep myself on track by writing everything down. I stay within 1200 calories a day, I exercise, and I have to be aware of this every day. Not my ideal, but I take what I get! The band has obviously worked for me otherwise I wouldn't be under 200, I would be closer to 300. In January I decided I need to get my crap together! Since then I have lost 16 pounds. I also decided to make an appointment with my surgeon again and try to see if I have better luck with fills. B-52 has the right idea! We should be making this band work for us! Good luck to you, keep me posted on how everything is going!

I also like my band on the tight side and it has worked for me but it is not for everyone. I am 31 lbs from goal so I will keep going. You have gone through a very stressful time and you have been in morning sorta speak you might want to talk to your doctor about adding medication for anxity also It helps t me a lot...you will get back on track come in here a few times a day, track your food and dri k your Water that will get you started and the rest will follow

What does band being on the tight side actually mean. Is there any kind of pain when eating? I assume you are not in red zone.

I like you have osteoarthritis very bad so exercising like the others are not an option for me. However, I do dance for 12 to 15 minutes depending on how I feel on a weekly basis and I do Water exercises at the gym. That's it. No treadmill, bicycle, etc. Just water and dance. I too like my band on the tight side. For me, I am not in the red zone. I am eating smaller portion foods as I should was eating a lot more before I got my last fill. Not only do you want to let the band be in control, but remember, carbs are not our friend. Try and eat less carbs and more meat and veggies and you will see a difference. I know I have. Good luck to you.

Foe ME' date=' I like my band way too tight as you described it....and I have learned to adjust to it....so, having said that, I find it impossible to overeat, so mood swings, social events, stress, etc, does not, and cannot change my eating...it simply is what it is.....the band is a constant, even though I am not....

Some people follow a set of rules, a diet so to speak, and that's fine...especially if it works for them.....more their efforts than the bands...I tend to go the other way, more band than me...but not everyone can or cares to do that....to not be in control....

For ME, the only rule is listening to the band and letting it be in charge.....

I hope you regain your self discipline and self control.....[/quote']

B52

I'm thinking I need to be tight and need to feel that restriction for the band to work correctly for me!

How long have you been 'tight' and do you not worry about the stomach becoming damaged because of being to tight?

Julie-Ann x