Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

embarrassed to go back to work.

So I've been off of work for about a month now n was banded on January 2nd. I'm embarrassed because before I left lots of peeps New about my surgery. My closer friends kept telling to make sure I come see them (I took 6 weeks off) cause they thought I would drop about 1000000 lbs (lots of weight) before I came back. I told them I would come by but I don't want to cause since I left I only dropped 8 lbs. I go back in two weeks n I want to really loose some more before I go back. I have bumped up my work out schedule to twice a day this week n will do the same next week also. I am also planning to eat 1000 calories a day. My daughter did the math n said "if " I do this everyday then I should loose 4 lbs a week. I did two zumba classes yesterday n Two today also. One zumba class burned me (at my weight, height, n intensity, according to YMCA's) 780 calories for 1 hour. I love the Zumba classes but this may b a little too much.... I'll check in everyday n let y'all know how I do. My weigh in day is on Sunday's n I'm at 219 right now.

I have about 8 billion people watching me because I told everyone. My theory is, EDUCATE THEM. Tell them it's not bypass where you do drop 40lbs in one month. You did it because it's a more realistic/slower weight loss. That's what I tell people. I told them I want to do it slow, etc. Be proud of the weight you've lost so far. I know people that struggle for a year to lose 8lbs. Hang in there and don't be embarrassed at all!

You have absolutely nothing to be embarassed about, really.

You're 6wks out and that was your healing time and not loosing time.

You don't owe anyone an explanation. I hope you are doing this just for you.

You are the one you have to answer to and no one else.

If you're following your Drs plan, you should be proud of yourself.

You've just come through the roughest part, pre & post op.

Stand tall, be proud. You are becoming a new and healthier you.

Just as a point of reference... No one at work knew about my surgery. I am not close enough to have told them....but no one even really noticed until I had lost about the first 80 lbs anyway so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If someone says something just reply... A healthy weight loss is 2 lbs a week...with or without the band.

I ended up averaging a 10 lbs loss each month so it takes a while for people to really notice. In fact it's more so now that they notice.... And I gave lost 221 lbs!

I know I don't owe them an explanation n I actually kept telling them that it's a slow lost n that I wasn't going to come back a Barbie doll. Lol. Y'all are right I have lost 23 lbs n feel great. I think I'll get together with them before just to show my face. I'm still gonna stay determined these next 2 weeks. I wanna loose!!! Thank you all for your comments

So I've been off of work for about a month now n was banded on January 2nd. I'm embarrassed because before I left lots of peeps New about my surgery. My closer friends kept telling to make sure I come see them (I took 6 weeks off) cause they thought I would drop about 1000000 lbs (lots of weight) before I came back. I told them I would come by but I don't want to cause since I left I only dropped 8 lbs. I go back in two weeks n I want to really loose some more before I go back. I have bumped up my work out schedule to twice a day this week n will do the same next week also. I am also planning to eat 1000 calories a day. My daughter did the math n said "if " I do this everyday then I should loose 4 lbs a week. I did two zumba classes yesterday n Two today also. One zumba class burned me (at my weight' date=' height, n intensity, according to YMCA's) 780 calories for 1 hour. I love the Zumba classes but this may b a little too much.... I'll check in everyday n let y'all know how I do. My weigh in day is on Sunday's n I'm at 219 right now.[/quote']

This is one of the MAIN reasons I didn't tell anyone! All the "explanations" on why you don't lose!? I knew it was going to be up and down and up again then plateaus. It's hard enough trying to live a new life but also hard to listen to the harsh critics.

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk

Why? Did you have lipo-suction and expect to return to work 75 lbs lighter?

All you did was have the band inserted, surgically....I doubt it is "Turned On" yet......took me 4-6 months to get it runnng efficiently....THEN the weight started to melt away, along with exercising, plenty of Water, and Protein....and very little eating!

BTW, 2 years, been at goal for a year, and NO ONE knows I had the surgery, except for the closest family members.....

Why? Did you have lipo-suction and expect to return to work 75 lbs lighter?

All you did was have the band inserted' date=' surgically....I doubt it is "Turned On" yet......took me 4-6 months to get it runnng efficiently....THEN the weight started to melt away, along with exercising, plenty of Water, and Protein....and very little eating!

BTW, 2 years, been at goal for a year, and NO ONE knows I had the surgery, except for the closest family members.....[/quote']

Thanks, I know right. I wish I had Lipo.< /p>

Just checking In. I've been doing great. Couldn't do 2 zumba classes today but I did 1 class n did a weight lifting class. I stayed within my calories. Yeah!!!

We couldnt be prouder of you. You are doing great so dont let any co workers discourage your goal.

We couldnt be prouder of you. You are doing great so dont let any co workers discourage your goal.

Thank you!! I'm trying. N man, can I feel the workouts today.

Thanks to all the kind words n encouragement..

So...ya I guess my plan was way too much for me. I still did a great job n am very proud of what I accomplished. I tracked everything I ate n didn't always stay within my calories. I actually upped them to 1200 because I could not do 1000. I worked out almost every day and originally wanted to do 2 hours a day but actually did anywhere from 1-2 hrs a day. I lost 2 lbs ( one, a week) so hey that's 2 lbs of butter visually. I actually believe I lost inches cause my blouses feel looser. So now my plan for eating and work is to be prepared with Breakfast, lunch, n snack. I started to freeze 1cup servings of food to take for my lunch. I work in a grocery store n could literally buy anything which could b good n bad at the same time.