Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

Hi Rosie,

It sounds like you an I are on the same page. Finally had a cup do coffee this morning. Throat still hurts from the tubes, incisions are sore and the one where the port is hurts like h..l. I have been following dr. Small to a T. I have forced 2 Protein Shakes down today. liquid pain med is not doing much good. But, I would do it all over again if I had to. Rest and take care of yourself.

Donna

Well' date=' that was nice of him!! Wish mine had done that. BAD day today, three days post op. Glad you're doing well.[/quote']

I have lots of gas today, in my back! Ugh hope tomorrow is a better day. I am running out movies!

Rosie..I feel the same way, I am suppose to go back to work Monday... Hope I get to feeling better or it isn't gonna happen!

I have lots of gas today' date=' in my back! Ugh hope tomorrow is a better day. I am running out movies!

Rosie..I feel the same way, I am suppose to go back to work Monday... Hope I get to feeling better or it isn't gonna happen![/quote']

Heating pad and pillow method helps ALOT for any discomfort. Make sure you get your Water and walking in, Gas-X too. It all helps tremendously!

Hi Rosie' date='

It sounds like you an I are on the same page. Finally had a cup do coffee this morning. Throat still hurts from the tubes, incisions are sore and the one where the port is hurts like h..l. I have been following dr. Small to a T. I have forced 2 Protein shakes down today. Liquid pain med is not doing much good. But, I would do it all over again if I had to. Rest and take care of yourself.

Donna[/quote']

Donna... Same here! Ugh, if we can get thru this I see the rainbow! My port site huts too, my stomach has an indention where my port is.

Hi March bandsters! I'm back from the hospital after my March 20th procedure. Everything went well; no complications. I was first on the roster so I was taken down to the block at 7am; they started at 8:30am and finished at 9:30 am. Couple of hours in recovery and then back to my room. My surgeon extracted most of the CO2 so I had minimal gas pains; mostly in my shoulders. I'd say my biggest complaint post surgery was feeling very tired and weak; I didn't get out of bed until the next day (everytime I tried to stand, the room would spin). But once I was up, things were fine and I was walking the hospital corridors as my energy permitted.

Wishing all the March people who are waiting their turn a good experience!

I received my band on 3/20 as well. I'm having gas pains out of this world. Hopefully it will end soon.

I received my band on 3/20 as well. I'm having gas pains out of this world. Hopefully it will end soon.

You probably have heard it, but make sure to get your Water in with walking and gas-x. It is amazing how just 5 minutes of walking can change how the gas pains feel. I also recommend using a heating pad on the tummy area and a pillow over it to keep a bit of pressure. That helps tremendously as well for any uncomfortable moments.

It totally gets better! Let us know how you are doing as you progress.

As of yesterday, the 21st, I am among the lap banders. I am little sore in the chest and shoulders, but its nothing I haven't prepared myself for. I am really excited to start this journey.

Hi Rosie,

It sounds like you an I are on the same page. Finally had a cup do coffee this morning. Throat still hurts from the tubes, incisions are sore and the one where the port is hurts like h..l. I have been following dr. Small to a T. I have forced 2 Protein shakes down today. Liquid pain med is not doing much good. But, I would do it all over again if I had to. Rest and take care of yourself.

Donna

I agree, I would still do it all over again. I figure it's like labor pain - we'll forget this part soon enough. I'm still on Clear liquids for two weeks. I don't think I could force down a Protein shake. Just not hungry yet.

Okay I don't want to complain, but I am feeling pretty much back to "normal" today. EXCEPT, when I move the place where my port is just sends sharp pains through me. It's a very localized area so I assume it's my port, but jeez enough already. I took ibuprofen. I hope it's better before I have to work on Monday.

OMG - I'm having my band with plication on Monday, and I'm starting to freak a bit. I'm preparing myself for all of the gas issues that I keep hearing, but I'm concerned about nausea. I'll get through it; been through worse. But I'm starting to freak out about the port. Seems so many have issue with it. Geez....am I doing the right thing???? I just wish it was Monday already. I would love to take a pill so I can sleep through the entire weekend. I'm tired of thinking about this, and as excited as I am, I'm nervous about such a life change. But then again......the change is the whole point of this, right? Okay - I need to lay off the caffeine - LOL!

Okay I don't want to complain' date=' but I am feeling pretty much back to "normal" today. EXCEPT, when I move the place where my port is just sends sharp pains through me. It's a very localized area so I assume it's my port, but jeez enough already. I took ibuprofen. I hope it's better before I have to work on Monday.[/quote']

This is my issue too! I really thought I would recover faster... But it's ok, just taking it slow and listening to my body. Still have no appetite and finishing a shake a day is all I am getting down as well as a bottle of Water? everyday I feel a tiny bit better, but don't see myself back to work on Monday... Maybe I am a wimp!

OMG - I'm having my band with plication on Monday, and I'm starting to freak a bit. I'm preparing myself for all of the gas issues that I keep hearing, but I'm concerned about nausea. I'll get through it; been through worse. But I'm starting to freak out about the port. Seems so many have issue with it. Geez....am I doing the right thing???? I just wish it was Monday already. I would love to take a pill so I can sleep through the entire weekend. I'm tired of thinking about this, and as excited as I am, I'm nervous about such a life change. But then again......the change is the whole point of this, right? Okay - I need to lay off the caffeine - LOL!

Everything will be fine. It's funny when I think back on last week and how everything just moved so smoothly from the day before to the day after. You're going to do just fine. Any pain and discomfort you have will be forgotten in the excitement of the new you you're going to be seeing in the months to come. Enjoy the ride, bumps and all. Good luck Monday. I will be thinking of you and wishing your surgeon a good day!

Everything will be fine. It's funny when I think back on last week and how everything just moved so smoothly from the day before to the day after. You're going to do just fine. Any pain and discomfort you have will be forgotten in the excitement of the new you you're going to be seeing in the months to come. Enjoy the ride, bumps and all. Good luck Monday. I will be thinking of you and wishing your surgeon a good day!

Thanks, Rosie. I appreciate your good thoughts :) This "club" has really become a nice place to turn with all of this. SO great to communicate with people who share the same struggles, concerns and successes.

Now that your surgery is a few days behind, how are you feeling? I know you're on Clear Liquids for a couple of weeks, but are you even hungry at this point?

I started full liquids yesterday, and was a little nuts by last night. The sugar free popsicles were a life saver, and I also had a couple of (40 calories each) fudgicles. Today we're going to spend a good part of the day out; see a movie, go to the mall.....anything to keep my mind off of everything. Then tomorrow, 9am at the door of the hospital. Yay!!

Glad to hear all is well. Im next Wednesday.

Wishing you an easy operation and recovery, sunflower72. And may the next few days pass quickly for you!

This is my issue too! I really thought I would recover faster... But it's ok, just taking it slow and listening to my body. Still have no appetite and finishing a shake a day is all I am getting down as well as a bottle of Water? everyday I feel a tiny bit better, but don't see myself back to work on Monday... Maybe I am a wimp!

Me too. The only significant pain I've got currently (4 days post op) is at one of the incisions. Oh Lordy it keeps me up (and walking) because sitting and getting back up off the couch is just not fun.