Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled for March

Keep me posted on how things are going. I have my pre-op appt. tomorrow and then banded on Thursday :)

Keep me posted on how things are going. I have my pre-op appt. tomorrow and then banded on Thursday :)

Good luck on Thursday. I am five days post op. Small sips is a big one especialy when taking meds. Still have a bit of gas pain in shoulder. The port incision still hurts and burns a bit if i turn or stretch the wrong way. I found the gas x worked but caused more discomfort than it relieved. Get walking around asap even its down the hall and back. I have found taking meds before i eat works best for me. Energy level is like a roller coaster as I didnt eat or drink enough on day 3. Make sure to have the shakes and liquids even a sip at a time. Popsicles and Jello are life savers lol. A chewable or disolving Multivitamin is helping me to.

Im two weeks out and I feel great! Im having fun creating mushies too:) 24 lbs down hoping for 25 sometime this week!! How's everyone else's weightloss going??

I was banded the 8th.. Not too thrilled with weight loss, and still feel like crap. Shoulder pain, incisional pain, and my stomach just doesn't feel right.. It's hard reading posts when people are dropping 40 lbs in 2 months and going back to work after 3 days. This has not been my experience. I lost 12 post of and almost 10 since the 8th!

Don't worry, everyone's experience is different. Especially when it comes to weight loss. It really depends on your height and start weight. I dropped weight faster on my pre-op diet than I have since getting banded; it's traumatic for our bodies, we'll catch up.

Keep moving, the shoulder pain should ease up. I find now that I only get it when I drink too much liquid in too short of a time period.

Im two weeks out and I feel great! Im having fun creating mushies too:) 24 lbs down hoping for 25 sometime this week!! How's everyone else's weightloss going??

What kind of mushies are you enjoying? I've been adding home made fruit purees to Greek yogurt which tastes great. I made a big batch of split pea Soup which I will have for lunch. I find I'm not hungry in the evenings at all, so from lunchtime onwards I sip Water or tea. My mental hunger is driving me nuts, I want to eat every thing but feel full!

So far I have lost about 12lbs.

I'm day 2 post op still feeling port pain but that is the most discomfort. What I need to know is has any one else had trouble trying to get down 64 ounces of Fluid. I barely got down 5 ounces today. I'm not hungry and its hard, I feel full.

I'm on day 7 .. With the shakes I get down about 40oz a day... Still figuring out difference between gas pain and hunger pain. I just can't tell.

I'm day 2 post op still feeling port pain but that is the most discomfort. What I need to know is has any one else had trouble trying to get down 64 ounces of Fluid. I barely got down 5 ounces today. I'm not hungry and its hard' date=' I feel full.[/quote']

Try and keep a water bottle with you at all times. Flavored crystal lite is good. Sip all day. Walk around alot without pushing to point of discomfort. Try and have a bit of shake or some sugar free popsicles. My port pain was the worst night 4 day 5. All normal.

I'm day 2 post op still feeling port pain but that is the most discomfort. What I need to know is has any one else had trouble trying to get down 64 ounces of Fluid. I barely got down 5 ounces today. I'm not hungry and its hard' date=' I feel full.[/quote']

Yes, in the beginning it was very hard to drink much at all, but keep sipping on Water. Did you try some hot tea? It went down easier for me. It will get better over time to drink, I'm day 11 and just now able to drink a whole bottle of water.

Congrats on being banded dazzlingone!!!!!

Yes' date=' in the beginning it was very hard to drink much at all, but keep sipping on Water. Did you try some hot tea? It went down easier for me. It will get better over time to drink, I'm day 11 and just now able to drink a whole bottle of water.

Congrats on being banded dazzlingone!!!!![/quote']

I will try some tea! Thanks so much!

I'm on day 7 .. With the shakes I get down about 40oz a day... Still figuring out difference between gas pain and hunger pain. I just can't tell.

Im day 14 and still have a hard time getting all the Water in, Its alot of water!!! I think im pretty good at least getting 40 oz in. My whole first week after being banded, i could not tell if i had gas or was hungery, I had no idea lol, so i just stuck to my schedule and the amount i was told and did fine! I feel the hunger now though!!

Day 11post op & I felt hunger for the first time today. I went too long without eating or having a Protein Shake. I ate 1/4 cup of split pea Soup and was full.... full to bursting and I felt very uncomfortable. My mind wanted a big bowl of soup but my body said no. It's a very conflicting feeling.

Abbie, that is normal. We are used to eating more and that is why it is so important to measure and pay attention to how you feel after eating. You may be lucky like me and stay full a lot. Good luck!