Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone cheat on their preop diet?

Ok....i am on day 5 of my preop diet and mine is Protein Shakes and Water

Stressed at work and feeling hungry and I am fighting the urge to cheat

Anyone feel like this?

Did anyone cheat? Even once?

If you cheat you are only cheating yourself. You can get through this.

Go for a walk, have a sugar free popsicle.

Keep your eye on the target, you want this surgery and you have to do this in order to accomplish what you want.

((hugs))

You will find this is a touchy subject on here.

I, personally, did not have a pre-op diet. My doctor told me it would be a good idea to attempt to lose before surgery or at the least try not to gain.

If your doctor told you to follow a specific diet it would be best to do so. If you get to your surgery day and the doctor has to close you up with no band because you liver is to big you will be pissed at yourself for not following orders.

You can make it, just take it day by day.

Not once. 1 week Clear Liquids only. It was tough the first couple of days, but then wasn't as bad as I expected. The reward was better than the cheating would have been.

Does anyone NOT cheat on their pre-op diet!? Haha. Yes, I think it's pretty normal. It's hard to go from what you've eaten for years to pretty much nothing and not cheat. As long as you are aware of it and try not to, I don't think it's going to kill anyone. Obviously, I don't mean Burger King 3 meals a day or anything. I was on 2 weeks liquids and once a day I would eat something more solid, like scrambled eggs or oatmeal, just so I wouldn't feel so hungry. You should be fine. =)

I didn't have a pre-op diet, but I had a VERY strict post diet. I was on just liquids for 4 weeks after surgery. Let me tell you, it was brutal and I was starving, but I didn't cheat. Not once.

You do what you have to do, even if it's hard and not pleasant, it's that simple. You follow your doctors guidelines no matter how hungry you get. Cheating only hurts yourself and quite frankly, it's foolish to sabotage yourself by cheating.

Does anyone NOT cheat on their pre-op diet!? Haha. Yes' date=' I think it's pretty normal. It's hard to go from what you've eaten for years to pretty much nothing and not cheat. As long as you are aware of it and try not to, I don't think it's going to kill anyone. Obviously, I don't mean Burger King 3 meals a day or anything. I was on 2 weeks liquids and once a day I would eat something more solid, like scrambled eggs or oatmeal, just so I wouldn't feel so hungry. You should be fine. =)[/quote']

I did NOT cheat on my pre op or my post op diets. I followed my doctors orders to the letter. I don't think I'm outside the normal..... Just saying.

Ok....i am on day 5 of my preop diet and mine is Protein shakes and Water

Stressed at work and feeling hungry and I am fighting the urge to cheat

Anyone feel like this?

Did anyone cheat? Even once?

i did not (and no i am not a raving perfect queen and do not feel i am better than anyone but here is why i did not..

my dr scared the SH** outta me

he said if you divert off the liquid diet, and we do this surgery and your liver is not like it needs to be....i wont do the surgery...can you imagine?? having to be sewed back up.....and then do it all over again.(approval, hospital visits etc).

that is why i did not cheat.

Yes I did. I was on a 2 week liquid pre op diet (not personalized for me my dr puts all patients on a 2 week pre diet) I followed it very well. However, 3 days before surgery I went off it, by having the healthiest food I could find at a pre-Christmas party. I enjoyed every bite (and it wasn't many bites). Next meal, i was back to my liquid diet.< /p>

I do not beat myself up about it. I was happy I made healthy choices the one time I went off course. It did not mean I would be a lap band failure or a cheater post op. I lost 13 pounds on pre op and my liver was healthy for surgery.

My first 2 weeks post op were right through Christmas and New Years and I did not have the urge to cheat once. I am now on solids and followed the doctors post op diet to a t. I feel successful.

I am not saying go out and cheat. (And if you strayed a lot tell your doctor so they are informed and know what's best for you)

What I am saying forgive yourself and go back to the diet if you do. The pre op diet does not predict your post op diet success, but it does shrink your liver, get you used to eating less, drinking Protein Shakes and it sheds pounds. Good luck!

I did. I cheated 4 days in my preop. It was only once.. I get my surgery next Friday and I'm going to be perfect until then. My preop is low carb (under 20 a day) so I'm glad I get to eat! I dunno what I would do on liquid only..

Elin Woods countered Tiger Woods' most recent re-proposal to marry again with a prenup demand that if he cheated, he would forfeit $335,000,000. For .01% of that same amount I vow to never cheat on my band again. :P

No, I didn't. Cheating on diets is one of the things that made me so obese, I needed WLS.

Also, my surgeon told me that if he didn't like the looks of my liver once he got his trocars into me, he would bail out of my surgery altogether. That scared the be-jeezus out of me.

I was given my banding date and the date to start my pre op diet of just liquides....

I was so ready so motivated for what I had waited so long for I started the diet that week...a week early !!!!

I didnt go off of it once.....My doc told me the reason for the pre diet was to shrink my liver...well I wanted every think to be ready for the band....thats why I did a extra week !!!

My mind was set................

15 day liquid diet here too. Didn't cheat once. Didn't cheat post op either. No reason to cheat...don't panic...all the food will still be there after you get banded. You can do this. One day at a time!