Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there! Well, here I go again...I'm starting over. I was originally banned in 03/2010 and successfully lost 62lbs. Unfortunately, I had to be unfilled COMPLETELY in April 2012 due to complications with my pregnancy. As a result...and my irresponsible eating habits, I gained all of my weight back plus 10lbs.

So, here I am, starting completely over...and it's bitter sweet. I didn't lose as fast as I'd like to - so in a way, this is like a "do over." This time, it's going to be different. I am a seasoned "bandster" and I now realize that my niave idea that my band is a "Magic Button" that will allow me lose tons of weight effortlessly was just plan stupid. I now know that it takes HARD WORK and a DEDICATION to changing the way you think, eat and live.

I am a mommy now and my life isn't about me anymore...I want to live as long as I can so I can watch my son grow. Although, I do not have any health issues at this point in my life, I almost died carrying him...and I know it wasn't ALL because of my weight but I can't help but think it had SOMETHING to do with it. Believe it or not, watching him fight for his life for 8 long weeks changed my opinion of food altogether...it's one of those "ah ha" moments you have where your realize what was important yesterday isn't important today. Well...until 10/10/12 food was a priority and a luxury. Now, it's a necessity but only the good stuff. I don't expect myself to wake up one day and magically not have an addiction to food but I have made more than one positive step towards stepping away from the table and onto a treadmill (or Xbox Kinnect in my case)!

So here's to a new year, a new baby and a new Lauren - I'm pretty freakin phsyched :)

Good for you! Those aha moments are what keeps us going. Just do what you need to do to be successful, you've done it before, you can do it again!

Amazing how children change our perspective...

Lauren thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like you know what to do and you are on your way. This site and the friends I've made here are a major reason I've been successful. We will support you every step of the way.

Good luck to you and your baby.

Hi Lauren. I wish you much success! I am starting over after a complete unfill 2 years ago. I regained most of my weight, too. I have an appointment for a fill on 2/13. We can do this!

I too am starting over! Gained all back after a having all saline removed last year and only a small re-fill done. Decided to get over it and call my doctor.

I feel ashamed to go back, but gonna put on a stiff upper lip and get that fill, eat right, excersise and pay attention to my body.

I fell off the horse but gonna get back on!

I too am starting over! Gained all back after a having all saline removed last year and only a small re-fill done. Decided to get over it and call my doctor.

I feel ashamed to go back' date=' but gonna put on a stiff upper lip and get that fill, eat right, excersise and pay attention to my body.

I fell off the horse but gonna get back on![/quote']

Same thing with me. I'm back on the horse. This journey is not an easy one, but its doable. I have to get this weight off. I am not meant to be this way. I know it, and I have to fight to make my dream a reality.

I am starting over too! I had my surjury May 09, lost 62 lbs. Had it unfilled in Maech 2010 because I was always getting stuck. We were going to go on vacation and I wanted to enjoy myself.

Up until this october I had maintained my weight only going up and down losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. Since October I have gained another 10lbs. I was happy with my weight loss up until I gained the last 10lbs.

So I have an appointment Feb 7th to get a fill and I am really nervous about going in for a fill. I am nervous and the thought of not being able to eat a lot of things I love scares me, the thought of getting stuck scares me, it hurts and is no fun. This is what has kept me from gaining most of my weight back. I threatened myself with getting a fill and that was enough to motivate me, but gaining my weight back scares me more.

I think the thing that worries me the most is getting the fill and having restriction but not be able to lose weight. One thing that I remember most was having trouble eating healthy things, like spinach and lettuce but having no problem what so ever eating chips and Cookies.

The first time around, I was very motivated and had a lot of weight to lose, this time around I would like to drop the15 I gained and maybe another 15 or 20 for some wiggle room.

I wish they had an area dedicated to those starting over so we could help motivate each other.

It has been awhile since some of you have stated over. I would love to hear updates on how things are going for all of you.

Hi there. I wanted to share with you that frustration and set back feeling from a complete unfill . I have been there twice, mine was due to eating habits and overfills before I left on vacation. Big NO NO! I have gotten through it now and after being @ dehydration, point of malnutrition, and a out of state ER trying to figure of what a Lap band was, I was scared enough to get it together and start following rules. I also was so mad at myself for losing 150+ at that point and gaining back 70+ after empty. I now try to stay on track but still can not say I am perfect. I am a food addict . It is a rough road! Stay positive and be your biggest supporter.

Its a constant struggle for us all. I'm so grateful for this tool, than other times I hate it. Overall, I know it was the best decision for me. I know I need help controlling what goes into mu mouth. I desire weight loss, but I want to be healthy. I'm tired of my knees hurting, so I'm doing my best to make life changes. I am grateful for each pound that leaves my body, but I desire to not just loose, but to keep the weight off.

every day, we get a (new start)....as long as you start (or begin again) you are a winner. that saying about the first step being the hardest is true. so you took it. so keep on walking....(dont look back as it no need) as the future is in front of you.

every day' date=' we get a (new start)....as long as you start (or begin again) you are a winner. that saying about the first step being the hardest is true. so you took it. so keep on walking....(dont look back as it no need) as the future is in front of you.[/quote']

So true.

yay! You get a second chance!

Seems like the discussion died. Hows

Excuse me. I wanted to check in with everyone and see how things are going? Honestly, I'm still struggling. I've had a lot of stressors that have helped. I need a lot of help. I have to get back to where I was.

Hello out there.... how's everyone doing? I have started over again. I can't believe where I am. I'm still trusting that I will get this together. I'm trying to get on a low carb plan. That's the only way that I can get this weight off.