Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased hunger!!!!

So this week has been weird. I had a fill last week Thursday at 3cc but for some reason this week my hunger has increased. On Monday my stomach was growling for Breakfast, so I made 2 eggs over easy and pumpernickel toast. Tuesday was pretty normal but today Wednesday my hunger monster was growling. At 10:00 my stomach demanded to be fed but I was in a meeting so all I got down was a Muscle Milk Light, by 11:30 I was ravenous lunch was not until 12:30 so I had half of a light yogurt to tied me over. I ate my lunch of 2 tacos with chicken and pico de gallo and a child size cheese quesadilla. Had a snack at 2:30 even though I wasn't hugery (Other half of yogurt) at 4:30 I was ravenous again so I had 1/2 cup of a mix of brown rice and minced beef chili. So I am ok until 6:30 when my stomach starts growling again.

This is new to me to feel such strong hunger. Has anyone else experienced this? I have consumed about 1200 calories today which is good. But to feel so much hunger is weird.

Sorry, it's normal and most all of us have gone through "Bandster Hell". You'll feel like this till you get a fill that gives you some restriction.

tmf

im feeling the same way... I got 2.5 cc's two weeks ago and im so hungry

Same here, trying really hard not to give into the monster!! Although when I get ravenous I get a quick slap in the face cause I get hiccups soooooo bad it hurts!! But I feel like I can eat anything. Breads and doughy things are the worst but I can eat pizza??? grilled chicken from a salad was OK but grilled chicken from McD's today gave me hiccups. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what I can and cant eat.

My nutritionist said to increase my Protein. and that I am to eat my Protein not drink it. Also really stick to the not drinking with meals, It washes it out of the upper pouch. the food needs to sit in the upper pouch for an hour to help crave the hunger.

Make sure you are eating solids and slowly plus get in all your water.sometimes when you are hungry you really need liquids.< /p>

You're eating too many carbs. Most of what you have eaten is carbs. Stop the Protein Shakes and eat food. Liquids do not keep you full.

Protein will help you feel full longer but when you have the right fill the hunger is eliminated. For me hunger would also get huge during pms but subside afterwards :) talk to your doc.

You're very newly banded so I am guessing you've only had one fill. For most people (though not all), it takes multiple fills before you have adequate Fluid in your band to control hunger. It's frustrating, I know, but unfortunately it's something a lot of go through in the early stages.

It's awesome you're sticking to your 1200 daily calories despite the hunger! Congratulations on that! The one thing I noticed is you mentioned that you had yogurt when you weren't hungry. I personally wouldn't do that. If you're not hungry, then save your snack for a time you are. It'll make your life a lot easier while you're still in bandster hell.

Also, while there is absolutely nothing wrong with carbs (I personally don't do the whole low carb thing), remember that Protein will fill you up a lot longer. I don't restrict my carb intake but I am careful to get in at least 60g of Protein, too.

Hang in there, it sounds like you're off to a good start.

Hunger is not always eliminated for some people. That is a misconception. It may hold you longer but your bodies response to needing food is hunger.

Same here, trying really hard not to give into the monster!! Although when I get ravenous I get a quick slap in the face cause I get hiccups soooooo bad it hurts!! But I feel like I can eat anything. Breads and doughy things are the worst but I can eat pizza??? grilled chicken from a salad was OK but grilled chicken from McD's today gave me hiccups. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what I can and cant eat.

My nutritionist said to increase my Protein. and that I am to eat my Protein not drink it. Also really stick to the not drinking with meals, It washes it out of the upper pouch. the food needs to sit in the upper pouch for an hour to help crave the hunger.

Your hiccups are a sign that your full. Once you have the first small one, stop and avoid the pain. Sometimes you might have a small sigh first. I'm lucky and get a shoulder pain and it doesn't allow me to push it.

all stomach noise is not hunger just your body doing its job. drink hot Water or tea while its still very hot tummys like to be warm...go in for another fill My doc would do it every 10-14 days so csll and go in as soon as he will do it.

I think you should focus on 3 oz of Protein at each meal. With tacos you are getting lots of carbs for minimal Protein. Carbs burn first and faster thus you are hungry sooner.

Agree with previous poster why are you eating a snack when you aren't hungry?

I am surprised no one else is suggesting that you make sure to get enough Water or liquids. They can help you feel less hungry between meals.

I'm suprised no one else is suggesting that you make sure to get enough Water or liquids. They can help you feel more satisfied between meals.

Wow lots of great answers here. Thanks guys, now let me answer some of your questions.

1. Protein-my goal is 60 grams a day. My Protein Shakes are limited to one a day and it is usually after a workout. Yesterday was busy and I opted for that choice since I was having a meeting with my boss.

2. Carbs-I agree that carbs do not fill you up anywhere near Protein. However both my tacos were 10 grams of protein each. So I received 20 grams of protein in two tacos.

3.yogurt-I ate half of a container of yogurt to keep with an eating schedule. I was not Hungary but half of a yoplat light would fulfill my small snack requirement.

So today same feeling of hunger, not thirst.I reach for Water first before food just to see if water is the issue.it never is its food. :(

So my plan is eggs for Breakfast, string cheese for snack, chicken and veggies for lunch, hummus for snack, fish and veggies for dinner and a muscle milk after yoga. With lots of water a cup of tea in the day. I hope this will appease the hunger.