Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased hunger!!!!

Same here, trying really hard not to give into the monster!! Although when I get ravenous I get a quick slap in the face cause I get hiccups soooooo bad it hurts!! But I feel like I can eat anything. Breads and doughy things are the worst but I can eat pizza??? grilled chicken from a salad was OK but grilled chicken from McD's today gave me hiccups. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what I can and cant eat.

My nutritionist said to increase my Protein. and that I am to eat my Protein not drink it. Also really stick to the not drinking with meals, It washes it out of the upper pouch. the food needs to sit in the upper pouch for an hour to help crave the hunger.

Your nut is misinformed. food only stays in your pouch 1 minute if it's working correctly.

tmf

You still are eating too much food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner and two Snacks plus muscle milk. That is too much food. Again you dont need the muscle milk and especially at night time. Its just liquid calories that do not fill you up. Yoga is not extreme exercise that you need that after a work out but even the muscle milk light has sugar. If you are going to opt for a Protein Drink you need one like EAS that has less then 1 gram of sugar.

And your Protein intake should be between 70 to 90 grams per day not 60. 120 if you can get it.

Actually, if she's staying within her calorie limits and band sized portions, it's not too much food. It's just a variety of little helpings. Plus, the way she's spreading her calories throughout the day is an excellent way to beat bandster hell while still losing.

As for Protein, 60g isn't too little for everyone. In fact my nutritionist specifically told me 60g per day, so for some it's fine.

Everyone loses differently and at different rates, just like everyone's metabolism needs different things to function optimally. What works for one most certainly does not work for all.

Regarding the carbs vs less carbs. For me and my body, Cheryl's formula would work better. But look at the weight Missy has lost so her formula works for her. This is a time for new bandsters to get to know their bodies and find what works best for them. Many obese people have no idea what type of nutrition will aid them to losing weight and being healthy.

However, if you are going to eat carbs, I would advise to keep them high GI carbs. Bleached flour, potatoes and sugar will play games with your insulin and fool you into thinking you're hungry when you aren't. jmo

tmf

Regarding the carbs vs less carbs. For me and my body, Cheryl's formula would work better. But look at the weight Missy has lost so her formula works for her. This is a time for new bandsters to get to know their bodies and find what works best for them. Many obese people have no idea what type of nutrition will aid them to losing weight and being healthy.

However, if you are going to eat carbs, I would advise to keep them high GI carbs. Bleached flour, potatoes and sugar will play games with your insulin and fool you into thinking you're hungry when you aren't. jmo

tmf

So true! Thank you for pointing out that important point!

I try to stay away from any carbs that are white or say "bleached" or "enriched" on the labels. It's all fancy ways to say processed. I buy whole grain Pasta, whole wheat bread, and use brown rice. I do this for exact reason you state- the processed "white" stuff will really mess up your blood sugar and falsely increase your appetite.

In regard to muscle milk light. 15 grams of Protein, 1 gram of sugar 10 gram carb, 4 gram of Fiber. Really great post workout, helps with muscle build. I do yoga 3 x a week and run or another form of cardio 3x a week. I have a half marathon superbowl Sunday, so the protein helps greatly. My meals are small usually eaten off a Childs plate. And I take 45 minutes to an hour to eat.

I think 45 minutes is to long. I think it's 20 to 30 minutes. I was eating longer to but I read different in here and also from my nurse.

I still don't understand why your doctor has you plan a snack even if you're not hungry. Eating something just because it's supposedly time to eat something does not create good eating habits. I understand that it's yogurt but if someone said to you everyday at 3 o'clock I eat ice cream whether I'm hungry or not I'm sure you would think that was a bad idea.

I still don't understand why your doctor has you plan a snack even if you're not hungry. Eating something just because it's supposedly time to eat something does not create good eating habits. I understand that it's yogurt but if someone said to you everyday at 3 o'clock I eat ice cream whether I'm hungry or not I'm sure you would think that was a bad idea.

So my nutritionist advised me to be on an eating schedule for various reasons.

1. My blood sugar won't drop by eating 6 small meals a day

2. It revs up my metabolism by having expected eating times

3. It is "suppose" to keep me from being ravenous and having spikes of hunger throughout the day

Honestly I like it. It keeps headaches and tiredness at bay. It's all about the choices you make at those eating times.

8 am Breakfast Protein, fruit, maybe milk. 300 cal

10 am snack string cheese. 100 cal

12 pm lunch, Protein and veggie. 300 cal

2 pm snack hummus or pre portioned organic Peanut Butter with apple slices. 120 - 200 cal (I only eat this snack if I am truly hungery otherwise I wait until 4pm snack break)

4 pm pre dinner snack- string cheese 100 cal

6 pm dinner protein and veggies. 300 cal.

Total calories 1100 -1300

7pm 1 hour workout ( hot yoga, elliptical with high resistance and elevation, jogging, ect.) calories burned 350-580

9pm post workout protein (muscle milk) or on my craving days sugar free dark chocolate Eskimo Bar

I am still burning more than I am taking in and burning the fat off my body. In the past 2weeks I have lost inches and the flab on my tummy is changing to fab. I can see more muscle definition and it seems to work well for me.

Perhaps I am hungery because my metabolism is kicking in, something I haven't felt in years. Before I would eat just for the taste or boredom or simply just to eat.

But now thanks to the band I can eat small meals be satisfied and have enough energy to power me through the work day, work outs and my classes at night. I sleep like a baby on my yoga days, before I would be awake until 3 am and I was always tired because I was in sleep debt. I feel more energized than ever. I will still talk to my nutritionist about my hunger and my doctor when I see him in March. In the mean time I keep a food journal to track my progress. Maybe hunger doesn't have to be such a bad thing after all. I just have to remember "Eat to live, Not live to Eat"

Same here' date=' trying really hard not to give into the monster!! Although when I get ravenous I get a quick slap in the face cause I get hiccups soooooo bad it hurts!! But I feel like I can eat anything. Breads and doughy things are the worst but I can eat pizza??? grilled chicken from a salad was OK but grilled chicken from McD's today gave me hiccups. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what I can and cant eat.

My nutritionist said to increase my Protein. and that I am to eat my Protein not drink it. Also really stick to the not drinking with meals, It washes it out of the upper pouch. the food needs to sit in the upper pouch for an hour to help crave the hunger.[/quote']

I can still eat pizza, too, and I am at 4cc. And unfortunately for us, we have THE best pizza here in NJ (NY, too) so it is hard to NOT eat it, lol!

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. At least that is what I tell myself.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. At least that is what I tell myself.

Agreed. Only meant that I thought I physically wouldn't be able to get it down but I have no problem with any foods.