Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded Nov 13th and have dropped 32 lbs with no fill yet! I can tell with the way my band feels now, I wont be able to tolerate much fill at this point in my journey. I have yet to PB or get stuck but I have had the "warning signs" and that's enough for me to slow it down... I know when I eat too fast.

2cc's might be too much for a new bandster, but the responsibility of getting it fixed is on the person, it isn't the bands fault if you don't do all you can to eliminate complications.

Best wishes and go see the doc. We didn't take this drastic of a step in our journey to fail without even trying.

Please don't be put off by some of the responses to your post. I don't think we have enough information about you (yet) to assume that you've been making poor food choices, not practicing good eating skills, tolerating side effects, etc.

I do hope you've been to (or will be in the near future) talk with your surgeon about what's been happening. You might just need a slight unfill to make it possible for you to eat healthy, solid food without uncomfortable side effects.

Having said all that, I also have to say that it's way too soon in your WLS journey to give up on your band and (more importantly) yourself. In the meantime, my best advice to you is to follow a liquid diet for 24 hours after each stuck episode or other eating problem. That will give your irritated esophagus & stomach time to calm down so you're less likely to have a similar problem the next time you try to eat.

Mkb, have you tried other Proteins besides chicken? Many people say they can't tolerate chicken once banded. My guess is that by "the bad stuff" you mean sliders. If that's the case, can you tolerate fish? Blended chili? Greek yogurt? FF Refried Beans? Cheeses? Hummus? Laughing cow cheese? Turkey bacon? All of these proteins (except the turkey bacon) are soft and should slide well like "bad stuff". You might try experimenting with these foods to see how you tolerate them. If your band can't tolerate these, then speak with your doc and explore what's going on. Or if you're preferring the bad stuff over these proteins then you might have some emotional attachment to the bad foods. If that's the case, I highly recommend www.shrinkyourself.com. Good luck and keep exploring ways to succeed. And treat yourself to some chili from Wendy's today!

I was starting to think last month that maybe I could use a fill. I pretty much did cut out most junk foods out of my diet. I started bringing plain salads for my lunch at work. String cheese and veggies as Snacks. But just the last week/ week and a half everything I eat comes right back up. So yeah. I did see a nutritionist after the band. I cant afford the $150 each visit to see her. It adds up way fast! I got a fairly good idea of how to eat now. The reason I went for the foods that are unhealthy is because finally something that doesn't make me vomit! I have been craving something healthy but I don't want to vomit after every single time I eat. But I got to eat something! I been trying to make the lapband work.

I was starting to think last month that maybe I could use a fill. I pretty much did cut out most junk foods out of my diet. I started bringing plain salads for my lunch at work. String cheese and veggies as Snacks. But just the last week/ week and a half everything I eat comes right back up. So yeah. I did see a nutritionist after the band. I cant afford the $150 each visit to see her. It adds up way fast! I got a fairly good idea of how to eat now. The reason I went for the foods that are unhealthy is because finally something that doesn't make me vomit! I have been craving something healthy but I don't want to vomit after every single time I eat. But I got to eat something! I been trying to make the lapband work.

Could you ask the nutritionist if she has a reduced rate she can offer? My nutritionist does 1/2 price visits for 1/2 of the normal amount of time.

I don't understand why people need to be so negative! We read one post from someone needing help and assumed she is "unworthy" of the band! Yikes! My band is still empty after 6 years. I had the same problem even if they would put just 1cc in my band! I think it's important that I am able to eat protiens for my health, therefore, I choose to keep my band less restricted then some! Please go to the doctor and find a comfortable amount in your band! It is a difference between night and day! Don't let people discourage you, no one is perfect! We all make mistakes with the band, but those mistakes teach us another new lesson on what we need to do to be successful with the band long term! Start with a doctor visit, and please keep me posted! You can do anything you set your mind to, you just have to get the band working with you instead of against you!

well Lauri.... If you re-read her post you will see that she never asked for anyone's including mine, opinion ... She stated facts that after being banded for a short time (saw on her profile) that she couldn't eat "good" foods only "bad" or Junk foods. and that getting the band was a big mistake. I simply stressed to her to re look at what and how she was eating.

I along with others have try to simply bring to mind some of the things that she maybe doing wrong. If you think giving constructive advice, nice or not, is bad... well then why are you on here.

This is not fantasy land... things are not always gumdrops and rainbows.... sometime people need to here thing before it really hits home.

I may be harsh at time, But I only say what others are thinking but are too afraid to say because of retaliation from other. i have had many people PM me saying .... Thanks for saying what you said..Good or bad..... that's what it took for me to see what i was or wasn't doing.....

I myself was on the receiving end of some harsh words.... and when i really looked deep within... She was right...

This is a learning experience, we all learn something new everyday.... this is why i come here.

Sweetheart, take the good advice and discard the rest! Please see your doctor as soon as possible! I haven't had a fill yet and could not deal with one right now! It is known that people can and will resort slider foods because that's all that can be tolerated. Stop the sliders and call your doctor and nutritionist! Do not be overwhelmed and do not regret the band until you find out what's going on!

well, keep vomiting every day and not letting your doctor know and you may get your wish to having it removed and not in a good way. are you conversing with your dr to let them know of your troubles?? if not, you need to call them and tell them. this is not good. and no, you'd rather not be fat. i wont allow you to say that. you deserve to be healthy.......please call your dr asap.

I agree with the others, you need to contact you physician.

Bayougirl...Sorry, I was taught from a young age by my parents that there are ways of saying things. People can help others without being disrespectful, judgmental, and abrasive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it! I'm sure before you were banded if someone came up to you and said...just stop filling your face with crap and get off your lazy ass and exercise, you probably wouldn't have needed the band because it would have "hit home" as you stated! You ask why I'm here? The answer is because when I needed help the most, I thought I could come here and get support, but found there were certain people that were and as you call it "honest" and of very little encouragement or support. Because of that I stopped coming to a site, a site that should be a place of security and support. I don't want negativity and finger pointing to discourage anyone else from coming here, like it did with me, and have them feel they have no one or no where they can be completely honest and get the advice they need to succeed! Life and people aren't perfect! I have also learned what happens to people who stand on pedestals. The world isn't kind, and neither are many people who don't understand a persons situation. Haven't we learned this by being overweight? Now that we've lost weight were going to turn in to the mean kid?

I'm so glad to see some really kind, supportive people here. I think we all may need different things to motivate us. I know I do much better when people are kind and gentle than when they get in my face.

Bayougirl...Sorry' date=' I was taught from a young age by my parents that there are ways of saying things. People can help others without being disrespectful, judgmental, and abrasive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it! I'm sure before you were banded if someone came up to you and said...just stop filling your face with crap and get off your lazy ass and exercise, you probably wouldn't have needed the band because it would have "hit home" as you stated! You ask why I'm here? The answer is because when I needed help the most, I thought I could come here and get support, but found there were certain people that were and as you call it "honest" and of very little encouragement or support. Because of that I stopped coming to a site, a site that should be a place of security and support. I don't want negativity and finger pointing to discourage anyone else from coming here, like it did with me, and have them feel they have no one or no where they can be completely honest and get the advice they need to succeed! Life and people aren't perfect! I have also learned what happens to people who stand on pedestals. The world isn't kind, and neither are many people who don't understand a persons situation. Haven't we learned this by being overweight? Now that we've lost weight were going to turn in to the mean kid?[/quote']

Nicely put :)

MKB805,

No matter how you slice it or dice it, whether it's you or the band, something is definitely wrong. Please contact your physician before you get into serious trouble. It's no wonder you feel and look (according to you) like crap. Your body is not getting what it needs plus I'm sure this is taking some emotional toll on you too. Please let us know how you're doing and once again CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! (Yes, I'm shouting because it's important and YOU matter.)

I think most of the people here are right, you need an unfill. Having been where you were, my band was too tight. Took me a while to come to terms with it cause I was losing some serious weight. For example I would drink coffee in the morning to losen up my band. Then later I would tempt a Protein Shake. Maybe a greek yogurt for lunch then I would try to eat a little dinner. But I would eat slider foods mostly, cause they went down without the pain of getting stuck or throwing up, when I realized I was way under my calorie count. So I feel where you are coming from, if I ate the foods I was suppose to eat, including the soft Proteins ( I am fish lover) I would get stuck or vomit. I had an unfill then another. I gained some weight but I am adjusting. Go for an unfill and work on eating right. Talk to your doctor. I have realized losing the weight fast isn't worth losing the weight the healthy way. I really hope you listen to the good, helpful advice and include the comments that don't seem so nice. They want to help you and you should get as much information as you can. I wish some would realize we aren't doctors and before recommending advice on a diet you should recommend they see a medical professional whose training and job prepared them to deal with these situations. Remember you are the only one who decides where this journey goes.

You said that you wanted people to come here and not be negative and point fingers.... What about all the people that would have read her post and thought.... Wow, i'm not getting that, i won't be able to eat... and no one coming in an saying.... Hey wait one moment, i'm here to say the band is wonderful and look at all the success that it has helped to create. Do you want one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch? Would you want someone to read her experience and it be the one that makes or breaks some ones decision to have the band. I don't, because, i still hold firm to "user Error". I don't think she has had enough time with her band to come here and blame it and not have someone say..... NO, you need to take a deep look with in and see if there are things being done right or wrong. Maybe on one told here she should be eating bites no bigger that the finger nail of her pinky... or try eating with a small fork/spoon... or turning off the TV... Those are some very important things to know.... I didn't even think to eat with a smaller fork... Until someone told me... See what i'm saying.

Yes, that every parents Goal.... I'm sure my parents said, whommm I'm going to raise a disrespectful, judgmental, and abrasive woman. Because you could not be further from the truth. Being raised in the DEEP south (10 miles from the Gulf), we are raised to be all the things you said, but also to be Honest above all. Your right... It's not what you say, it's how you say it! 90% or more of the things i post are respectful, non-judgmental and very encouraging..... but sometimes people need to here the truth, myself included.

What hit home for me.... was not recognizing my self in a picture.... I could not believe that was me, how did i let myself get like that? So i researched and researched and talked to a co worker everyday at lunch and chose the LB... I also knew that it's a tool and that i would have to change the way and what i ate. I also knew that i would have to go back to my doctor for fill and advice and i would be held accountable for my successes and failures.

I know i am a direct person, if you think that i'm not a person you can talk to or ask advice, simply put me on your ignore list. It's ok, i'm a big girl, i can handle it....... But if you want to know the truth with out all the icing... I'm here should you need. Do i have all the answers.... NOT EVEN CLOSE!! But i would be happy to share some of the things i have learned along this crazy journey...Good and bad.

Heres too Everyone having a Great day and continued success on YOUR journey....