Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am really regretting getting the lapband. I only have 2 cc in but even with so little I cant even eat real food. Salads, chicken, any fruits I will vomit. Only thing I can seem to eat and not vomit is junk food. So since getting surgery I totally feel like a bulimic. I want healthy foods yet its impossible to have. Only losing weight because of not eating. I look like I got hit by a train every day. Thankfully I can do my makeup to hide the bags under my eyes. I have absolutely no energy. Id rather be fat than have the lapband any day!!!!

well, keep vomiting every day and not letting your doctor know and you may get your wish to having it removed and not in a good way. are you conversing with your dr to let them know of your troubles?? if not, you need to call them and tell them. this is not good. and no, you'd rather not be fat. i wont allow you to say that. you deserve to be healthy.......please call your dr asap.

I would definately call your doctor like CG said. Also, ars you eating small bits, chewing 30 times and waiting 1 minute between bits? If you are not then yes you will get sick everytime.

I hope you let your doctor know whats going on so he can help you.

I don't believe you mean it saying you would rather be fat. You want to be healthy, and the band can help you with that.

Take care.

Some need very little fill. Sounds like you need an unfill. If you can't eat 3 oz solid Protein you are too tight. Also if you can swallow liquids you can eat Greek yogurt. Much better option than junk food. Are you getting enough sleep? Band won't give you bags.e

You're so newly banded. Don't give up on it. Speak with your doctor and tell him your concerns. Together you can figure it out and be on your way to being a healthier you.

MKB.... I'm not one that is all sugar and spice.... so here it is.... you said you have trouble eating salad and chicken... good stuff, but not the bad. That right there tells me you were not ready to have the band put in when you did.... because if you were you would be following the rules you would be eating. Saying i can't eat chicken, but i can eat a cookie is crazy. Were you prepared for the "life" changes you have to make with the band...? I don't think you were... should like you were just one of many who thought... i have the lb surg. and won't have to work at getting healthy. I will have it done and it will stop me from eating all the bad stuff and that will be that. Well, the band does not STOP your from eating bad... it's meant to help you learn Portion Control.< /p>

As my friend Texas said... how are you eating? Have you really sat down and took accountability of what and how you are eating? I recently had a come to Jesus with ice cream... I got into a bad habit of stopping after work and getting a scoop and eating it before i got home.

Accountability with your band: are you buying only the Good foods? It takes just as much effort to buy good as bad. Are you pre portioning out on a small plate? Your nutritionist should have set with you for Hours explaining how much you are to eat in a meal. And the way you should eat it..... Starting with turning off the tv, putting down the book.... and really paying attention to how you are eating..... small kid spoon or fork, your bite should be no bigger than your pinky fingernail. Chewing until no chunks are left and it's almost puree in your mouth.... NO DRINKING WITH YOUR MEALS.... Eating all your Protein first, than your veggies...

You have to be real honest with your self and think..... did the band fail me, or did i fail my band.

I think u really need to talk to the doctor and maybe a nutrinisit I haven't talked with a nutrinist but I eat whatever and I am losing weight cause people r letting me know I don't weigh myself everyday tho also I taljked with a Psychitrist before I could get the lapband because they wanted to know if I was ready in my own mind also some foods do get stuck so I DON'T EAT them anymore also I eat in small amounts and of course drink lots of Water , well I am off to the docs for my third fill so hopefully u can get some answers from ur doc cause we don't have all the answers we are ALL DIFFRENT BODIES hope the journey gets better for u .

If you aren't able to eat you MUST talk to your doctor and get an unfill. You should absolutely be able to eat the things you listed, and if you can't your band is too tight. You won't succeed if you are not 100% talking with your doctor.

I agree with what everyone said but also I'm on Mushies week 3 and love tofu and Greek yogurt...maybe this will work for u as a Protein source?

I am really regretting getting the lapband. I only have 2 cc in but even with so little I cant even eat real food. Salads, chicken, any fruits I will vomit. Only thing I can seem to eat and not vomit is junk food. So since getting surgery I totally feel like a bulimic. I want healthy foods yet its impossible to have. Only losing weight because of not eating. I look like I got hit by a train every day. Thankfully I can do my makeup to hide the bags under my eyes. I have absolutely no energy. Id rather be fat than have the lapband any day!!!!

You need to keep on your surgeon all the time. Don't feel like you are being a pain or inconvience to him/her because this is your body you are talking about. If you don't correct what is happening to you now, things will only get worse from here, such as band slips, erosions, etc. When you are vomiting, your body is telling you something is wrong. You immediately call your surgeon. Don't sit back and let things happen itself or wait, do it now!

When you say you can eat bad foods, what does this mean? are you talking about foods that are considered 'sliders'. such as icecream, cakes, pies, chocolate, milkshakes?

Its obvious that little 2cc in your band is too much, you would be surprised what a relief you will have to have some of that removed. Can I ask were you eating 'healthy' before you had a fill??

Don't let another day go by, there is no reason in the world to suffer like that.....

i respect the opinion of the people above... But, We as society have to stop coddling our younger generation.....

and with all do respect... if she only has 2cc in her band and can eat all the "bad" stuff, then she can eat the good stuff. Some people are just not ready for the commitment.... she has only had the LB for a few months and i really don't think she has mastered HOW TO EAT... There is no way... She doesn't need an un fill... she needs to learn how to eat WITH the band... Although the doctor may give her one to ease the whining...

Do go to the doctor and tell him that ...... Tell him that you can eat all the bad and not the good... and see what he says.

i respect the opinion of the people above... But, We as society have to stop coddling our younger generation.....

and with all do respect... if she only has 2cc in her band and can eat all the "bad" stuff, then she can eat the good stuff. Some people are just not ready for the commitment.... she has only had the LB for a few months and i really don't think she has mastered HOW TO EAT... There is no way... She doesn't need an un fill... she needs to learn how to eat WITH the band... Although the doctor may give her one to ease the whining...

Do go to the doctor and tell him that ...... Tell him that you can eat all the bad and not the good... and see what he says.

Completely agree! Very well said!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here.

What you say is all true, about learning to eat and live with the band and even coddling people. However, it is very possible she's too tight even with only 2cc in her band. I know of people with totally empty bands who are still on the tight side, especially early in their lap band journey.

Btw, it makes sense she can eat bad foods but not healthy foods. Most of the "bad foods" are actually slider foods. Processed foods dissolve super fast so slide right through the band almost like a liquid. I know I could eat a pint of ice cream followed by a dozen Cookies with ease, but if I'm not careful with my bites I will easily get stuck on chicken. Same with chips, total slider foods.

The bottom line is, she needs to talk to her doctor immediately. Let him figure out if she's too tight or simply not following the rules but either way seeing her surgeon is a must.

Of course she can eat bad food we all can eat bad. It takes no effort too. It's eating good that takes effort

And I did say she needs to go talk to her dr. But she needs too be honest with him/her about what and how she eats.

She very well could have messed her band up. But I. The years that I've been here. Most of the time it "user error".