Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you PB?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you PB?

• Never have.
    • Less than 5 times since I had my band.
    • A couple of times a month.
    • A couple of times a week.

I do a couple times a week.

Iam 4 weeks out and had my first BP today. I was trying to eat pizza and think I ate to fast since I was hungery. Have to learn to slow down and eat along with not waiting so long between meals.

Chris

I guess I should haven't answered that way... as far as 'burping'... not often. Feel like I need to, though.

I slime like crazy EVERY DAY. But it doesn't hurt, just lean over the sink and it slides out. No convulsions like preband vomiting like hacking up a cow. Simply lean and let it come out.

If anyone gets a slipped band....it's gonna be me! But I will surely let everyone know when I find out...I'm still losing, no pain...so -so far, no problem.

Hello every one

I am new to this forum but have been banded for over 3years.(I did not know this was here)

I am unfilled and PB at least 3xs weekly.(I just found out what PB meant today Thanks) The worse symptom I experience now is sever reflux.I have to sit up at night several xs per week to sleep. I am afraid this is damaging my esophfagus.I live on Pepsid Complete(My life saver).

I do know that some of it is due to the fact that I need to chew slower and stay away from chicken and french fries.(French frys were never ment to be eaten one at a time untill mushy).( I have lots of experience trying to get unstuck)

I have not seen my dr for over a year now and will be making an appt soon.After reading several stories I have learned some valuable information that I will put to use.I am excited to try the pinapple juice for stuck food issues.

I had intended to get a fill thinking that if the opening was smaller the food would not get stuck in the opening but not sure that would solve the reflux issues. I am slowly regaining the mere 40lbs lost since surgery.I do know that the band is only a tool and I guess I need to re educate myself about using this tool.My husband thinks I am a bulimic.Dinner last night ended up in the bushes at the restaraunt parking lot.(Sorry for the visual).I am excited to read all the different forums and I am sure I will gain alot of great information from all of you.I will post after my Dr appt to let you know the out come..Thanks for listening and I look forward to conversing with you.. Debbie

Can I change my vote ?! :eek:

At the time I voted I had never experienced a PB.

Now, welll ... I'm getting good at it :rolleyes

I'm doing 2-3 times a week or not at all. Once it starts it kindof keeps happening for a couple of days.

I'm getting stuck more often as well. I can only assume it's because I don't chew enough. I thought I was a good chewer and the band had never really slowed me down until now.

I was banded 13 months ago and have lost just over 100lbs. I had a fear of PB'ing and spoke to my surgeon about it before surgery and he told me that it would be completely up to me and how/what I ate that might make me PB. I made the choice to choose wisely and eat carefully and am happy to report that I have never thrown up.

Patricia

11/16/06

306/204/175ish

I got my 3rd fill last week and since then I have PB'd 3 times. I can only eat a couple bites and then have to stop. For Christmas dinner with 11 people we had filet mignon and I took 1 bite and had to excuse myself. How embarassing!!!

I have never PB'd in the 6 months that I have had my band. I have great restriction now and I get "first bite syndrome" and have felt a little stuck if I eat too fast but I have learned to listen to those signs and SLOW DOWN.

Can anyone please give a good description of the 'first bite syndrome'? I believe this is my problem. I have difficulty right at the beginning of my meals and then am able to eat quite a bit. Please share your experiences here.

Can anyone please give a good description of the 'first bite syndrome'? I believe this is my problem. I have difficulty right at the beginning of my meals and then am able to eat quite a bit. Please share your experiences here.

I don't have a good answer for you but I feel like I have the same problem. For me, especially in the last few months, the lap band seems sort of like a single rubber band around my esophagus that is sometimes tight and sometimes loose. When it is tight I can't get a single bite to go down. Not one. When it's loose I can eat just about anything I want in any amount. When the lap band is loose I don't get full quickly at all, and I really feel like I have no lap band.

Yet I don't want to get another fill right now because, when this baby is tight, I mean it is really tight. If it were any tighter I wouldn't even be able to drink Water.< /p>

I'm pretty sure this is not how the lap band is supposed to work, but I don't know what to do about it. It seems to me that this is probably something like "first bite syndrome." If anyone has any thoughts about it, I would also like to hear. If we don't get many responses in this thread I may just start a new thread on this question.

Anyway, you are not alone on this.

Maybe someone can explain these things to me better... the PB, the slime, I've heard things about Bagels getting stuck... are you forceably vomiting, like sticking your finger down your throat? If something is stuck, will it just come up after a while? I really don't understand these things... please explain in great detail, and even if you think you're repeating, don't worry... or feel free to PM me... thanks.

I was banded a year ago Dec. 19th lost 55 lbs. I have a terrible time with slimming. I just went in for a fill Dec 31 2007 and must be too tight. I cant stop slimming. Been barely able to keep anythig down. Took me 2 hrs to drink a cup of tea. Seems like we can't find the sweet spot! Thought we had it then I started gaining weight. Also does anyones Dr. have a tough time finding the port? My Dr had to try 7 times to get it. Thanks and God Bless All....

I didn't PB for the first 3 years of being banded then I started suffering with acid reflux and started to PB occasionally.

<p>I Was Bp'ing 3 To 4 Times A Day After My Last Fill In September. I Lost 10 Pounds In October And Haven't Lost Anything Since. I Started Have Night Cough, Couldn't Keep Anything Down, Was Eating Mushies And All Soft Foods And Of Course You Know Sweets Are Easy To Get Down. I Went Back To My Doctor In December To Get A Slight Unfill Cause I Was Too Tight. A Week Later I Went Back To Get A Small Fill Cause I Was Eating Too Much With The Unfill, Doctor Said He Didn't Take Out That Much. I Told Him To Put Some Back Cause I Was Able To Eat And Drink At The Same Time And That Was A No-no. So For The Past 2 Weeks I Haven't Bp'd At All And Have Lost 4 Pounds. So If You'r Bp'ing Alot You May Need An Unfill. It Wasn't Pretty To Have To Go To The Bathroom And Throw Up After Every Thing You Ate And That's What I Was Doing. I Feel Alot Better Now Especially Now That I'm Losing Again.</p>

I have the VG band and I am up to 7 1/2 cc. When I was at 7 cc I pucked quite often just about everytime I eat something. So I went and got a 1/2cc and now I cant keep anything down not even liquids. I get away with it some of the times eating or drinking. I know for one I am not chew well enough. But I am still loosing the weight I just dont want to mess anything up inside. My doctor got on me and told me to chew well or I will be loosing the band if I dont do things right. I was 345 back in Nov. of 05 now Im at 260 at the present time. I just got to work on my mind-set with how I eat. I still think I can eat like I dont have the band. I see that my portions will be even smaller as the fills increase. I just got to stop the pucking everyday and focus on lighter and healthier foods.