Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting over.... Again

I did day 1 of the 5 day pouch test today and like most of this it just seems like it is mind over matter! I've stayed busy and haven't had any issues! I just need to finish the day off and go onto day 2! :)

I have had my band for almost six years years. I did great on the first year. After the first year I had health problems and was diagnosed with cervical cancer. I had a hysterectomy and after that I was depressed and felt like my boyfriend at the time deserved someone who could give him children. Granted I have two beautiful girls from my previous marriage. But it was and still is hard for me to be around babies without crying. I know it seems silly but that is how I feel. I made excuses for not getting back on track. I hated myself, I hated what happened to me. I tried pushing my boyfriend away. He proposed to me October 3 2011. Then I was like yes this is the motivation I needed to get back on track. I did insanity for three months and got down to a size 12. Then I gave up again. I went back into my old routine. I hate feeling like this. I hate having my subconscious get me all the time. We were married in September and I couldn't be happier but I'm ready to get back on track and I don't like the person staring back at me that I see now in the mirror. Yes life throws us curve balls but we have to be stronger and fight back. With that said I'm taking control of my life and not let my subconscious win.

Paris welcome to the " getting healthier" club. We all are here to support each other. If you need to vent, cry, or need tips. This is the place to be. I too have been off track, but with the support I've gotten here. I feel like a million bucks & I no I can do this. Its just great to have people who know how u feel & what you are going through to bounce ideas off of. I've been learning a lot about myself too. If u need me, let me know.

Paris welcome to the " getting healthier" club. We all are here to support each other. If you need to vent, cry, or need tips. This is the place to be. I too have been off track, but with the support I've gotten here. I feel like a million bucks & I no I can do this. Its just great to have people who know how u feel & what you are going through to bounce ideas off of. I've been learning a lot about myself too. If u need me, let me know.

I feel like a lap-band failure!! I also think I have a food addiction. I started at 230 got down to 160 and now I am back up to 205. What do I do now? Is my band messed up? I am too ashamed to return to my surgeon. I too want to start again but I feel so lost.

Shelby, I felt like that too but I finally got enough courage to go back in for a fill. I just knew I was gonna get yelled at or belittled but they were so nice and so supportive and I felt encouraged when I left there. Trust me, you won't be the only one they have seen that has gained weight.

I feel like a lap-band failure!! I also think I have a food addiction. I started at 230 got down to 160 and now I am back up to 205. What do I do now? Is my band messed up? I am too ashamed to return to my surgeon. I too want to start again but I feel so lost.

You are NOT a failure. Everyone has bumps along the way. Please don't be ashamed to go back to your doctor. Remember they work for you and can help you get back on track.

You are not alone in this we are all here to support each other. You can do this. (((hugs)))

Shelby, I started at 267 and got down to 160 also....a little over a week ago I was 204. I did the 5 day pouch test, then followed ALL the band rules and started to feel some restriction again without having to go get a fill. I am now back under the feared 200's and at 196 and losing! We can do this! We did it once, let's do it better this time!

Shelby. I went threw same thing. Too ashamed to go back. I've put it off for a long time. Right now I'm working on counting calories & eating healthier. After I start progressing then I will go back to doc. I know I have a food addiction too. There are something's that I overeat on. I've found that I need to eat something good for Breakfast or by lunch I'm starving so bad I overeat. I'm here to help motivate you or just listen to you vent. I totally understand!!!!... Susan

Shelby you are not a failure!!! I was at 232 and went down to 150. Then crap started happening. It sucks when you have Cookies and chips and sodas staring you in the face but we have to fight to want to be healthier. Our subconscious is our worst enemy. He tells us that one cookie won't hurt but it will!! You CAN get back on track. It is hard but you take it one day at a time. I feel the same way you are feeling but we have to get out of the slum and start working at it. I was doing insanity last night and my subconscious said "your leg hurts just give up" I told myself NO that I'm going to get back to 150 and keep going. Get mad at the voice inside that tells you to give up. Good luck and I'm here with you.

Thank you all for your support!!!! I really felt like i was the only one!!! It's sad that Cookies and ice cream go down easier than chicken and vegetables!! LOL I need to kick the sugar once again. I can't say that I ever really feel hungry. It's just cravings more than anything. I will start having a better attitude and get rid of the self-pity! I am so thrilled I came back to this site!!!!! If any of you want to add me on FB here my page. Please don't discuss the band on my page, due to a judgmental mother in law!!!! A new beginning!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/michelle.simpson.740

I did day 1 of the 5 day pouch test today and like most of this it just seems like it is mind over matter! I've stayed busy and haven't had any issues! I just need to finish the day off and go onto day 2! :)

How are you doing, this should be day 4!?

Really good! I've lost about a pound a day so that feels awesome! Its nice seeing the drop and has really given me some strength and motivation to keep going! :). Thank you for asking!

Really good! I've lost about a pound a day so that feels awesome! Its nice seeing the drop and has really given me some strength and motivation to keep going! :). Thank you for asking!

Congrats, keep up the good work!

I have to add that the liquids really mess with your head! I forgot how strong of a thing head hunger really is! My husband (who only has around 10 lbs to lose) tried to do it with me, broke down the first day and got a large milk shake from DQ and tried to rationalize that it was Liquid Protein :) Maybe! But not the calorie count we are looking for!