Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

I got my second fill yesterday. It was much easier than the first. The first fill was a little painful and I was in pain the rest of the day, but this time I barely felt it. :) I was on liquids yesterday and soft food today. I'm wondering how many fills I'm going to need to feel restriction. They give you 1 cc at a fill and only allow fills every 4 weeks, so I'll just have to wait and see. Just when I thought I was adjusting really well to my new way of eating and food selections, I'm starting to struggle even more. It seems like I'm hungry a lot and nothing is satisfying. I'm not talking about feeling full, necessarily, just that I enjoyed my meal. They tell me I'm doing good at the center, but I don't feel as if I am. Just another day in my battle of the bulge! :unsure:

I had surgery on 12/21 as well and I make some bad choices at times. Actually, I still eat popcorn and chocolate covered raisins at the movies. I told my doctor that I wasn't going to give up my popcorn because that is one of my pleasures. You don't have to give up everything.You just have to do things in moderation. Don't over do it. Count your calories so that you can monitor yourself and try to stay within your allowance as much as possible. If you slip up, try again. No need to feel guilty. This is a learning process and it will take time. Your band is your tool and it is up to us to use it. There will be an occasional slip up but if we are putting forth true effort, we will not fail. :)

Are you getting in a lot of Protein? Not getting enough protein seems to be related to Hair loss.< /p>

I think I am the majority of the time, I'm supposed to be getting 50-60g a day. Usually if I'm not cutting it with food, I throw in a shake. Skinny or Fat...bald is not going to be a good look for me :)

Hey all! I was banded on December 12th. I've had two fills so far and I'm only at 3cc's but im hanging in there. Feel more hungry now more than I did with the other fill. Working out and watching what I'm eating' date=' I'm down 20 pounds! The journey is going to be long and sometimes rough, but I know it will be worth it in the end!! :)[/quote']

Yay for 20 pounds!! That's super exciting :) It is so worth it, even with all the bumps in the road.

Hello All!!!! Just checking in with my December Band-Its. Hope everyone is doing well in their journey. I have had one fill at 1.5cc and my dr wanted to wait to give me another one. My first "mini goal" was 50 pounds total loss and I am 3 pounds away. YAY! I have had moments of weakness but I keep telling myself that this is a marathon - not a sprint. We can do this buddies!

everything going well.. started the Dukan eating lifestyle..not too bad..down 20lbs since the begining i am in an lose/ gain phase but it is the same 5 lbs

50 ponds down and out of the 300s. YAY!!!

Im almost out of the 280 one more pound to go 56 pounds lost 50 more to go for goal

That is awesome! Keep up the good work!

everything going well.. started the Dukan eating lifestyle..not too bad..down 20lbs since the begining i am in an lose/ gain phase but it is the same 5 lbs

How are you doing on the Dukan diet? I shared the link with my sister and she is thinking about trying it out.

How are you doing on the Dukan diet? I shared the link with my sister and she is thinking about trying it out.

it is going well with the band i am finding that on my pure Protein days i am very full.. be satisfied

Just got my second fill about two hours ago...sipped a little Water and now I've been ever so elegantly spitting it up in my trash can at work. This I going to be a long day and I better lose more than the 2 lbs I did since the last fill :-/

okay...today's 3 months since surgery....43lbs down....which is an awesome feeling...but I really would like my hair to stop falling out everyday :( Apparently it should start going back to normal after 3 months...we'll see, taking Biotin, upping my Calcium in my food, hitting the Protein goals, nobody can give me an answer though

50 ponds down and out of the 300s. YAY!!!

I am right behind you! 5 more pounds to go!!

pre-op wt 344, current wt. 304

Has anyone started to crave salt? I never used to add table salt to cooked food, but I have been craving it for the last few weeks !!