Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

No I was lossing weight then just stoped everything is fine my Dr dosnt really tell me anything like how many calories to eat what to eat not to happy he got his money and now it feels he dosnt have time

Yeah I have to find out about how many calories and things like that too, all I know is 60g of Protein, and no shakes unless I have to. Goodluck with the Dr, hope you get your fill soon!

Any of you attend support groups? If so, do they help?

I was banded on 12/14, first fill is 2/11. Did not get fill on first post op visit. My Dr. Is a pioneer for lap band in US and he is very careful. Has low complication rate! I am in "bandster hell". But relearning!

I'm going to ask my dr. about any known local support groups, I really think that would help. Even if you met everyother week you know. Just to meet other people and share advice and know what each other is going through.

A fried of mine who was banded after me was told not to worry about portion size, but to eat until she was full. Did any of you hear that?

A fried of mine who was banded after me was told not to worry about portion size' date=' but to eat until she was full. Did any of you hear that?[/quote']

Yikes! My doc was all about portion size and NOt to eat until I'm full. Might stretch the pouch.

If you eat until you are full, it is too late! You need to learn Portion Control so that you don't have problems with your band and so that you learn how to eat the rest of your life. Do as your dr says, not others! They won't be there to pick up the pieces if that doesn't work for you.

I feel like I need to confess. I've been having trouble staying at my calorie allotment. Not every day and not too much at once. Just sometimes, but I feel really bad when I do. I still don't eat half as much as I used to but I still feel bad. I'm still losing. I can tell by my clothes. I think I really need to start my exercising. I guess I'm still getting used to everything. I'm going to do better though. I get a fill on 2/4. That may help some, but most of it is going to have to be me. Bandster hell is definitely not a walk in the park! I'm sure most of you already know though. Wish everyone the best and hope it gets better.

I am very new to this. Just signed up tonite. Had my surgery dec 11 th and have lost 14 lbs since then. Had my first fill this past Friday. Past two nites have been frustrating as I have been wanting to "graze"...not hungry just looking to eat.:(.

I was babded 12-31-12. They dont call it bandester hell for fun...it certainly is not. I can eat normally. Have not lost any weight in several weeks but have maintained somehow. I can eat the same as i used to but am only able to eat about half the size meal that i used to. Tomorrow is my 1st fill and ive never been so happy for a dr appt!!!

I am very new to this. Just signed up tonite. Had my surgery dec 11 th and have lost 14 lbs since then. Had my first fill this past Friday. Past two nites have been frustrating as I have been wanting to "graze"...not hungry just looking to eat. :(.

You'll be okay, it's all in your head. When my husband and kids snack, I find myself reaching for it, even though I'm not hungry. I make a cup of tea or something just to keep my hands and mouth busy lol. You're doing great, it's a change for life, it takes time :)

Had my first fill today!!!! All this time I have been thinking I had 3cc in a 10cc band...thats what the post-op nurse told me they usually put in. I actually had 5.5cc in the whole time!!! and have been feeling almost no restriction! I can't believe that! So i got another 0.5cc in today so I now have a total of 6cc in a ten cc band. I go back every two weeks for another 0.5cc fill until i hit optimum restriction or I run out of room in the band I guess??? idk. Hopefully it works soon! Dr said she doesn't think the fill I got today will get me where I need to be, but that we will keep going until I get there

I actually had 5.5cc in the whole time!!! and have been feeling almost no restriction! I can't believe that! So i got another 0.5cc in today so I now have a total of 6cc in a ten cc band.

Lucky you! I am exactly 1 month banded today and I still only have 4ccs in my 10cc band. I am still operating off of sheer willpower. Just ate dinner and I could have kept on going....I refuse to give up though. Hopefully I will get some restriction with my next visit a week from today.