Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

Had my first post op visit and ok for mushy food! :D Ok so after surgery this is weird, and wondering if anyone else has had the same trouble. I know I need to urinate from the full feeling I get around my bladder but the "I have to pee" sensation is not there. Dr said its probably just from the anesthesia but I think its more of a nerve thing. Happen to anyone else?

I think I have developed Thrush on my Tongue. I have a white flim over my entire tongue. Anyone else experience this? Dr wants to wait until Friday to see if it will clear up, but this makes me nervous. If it is Thrush I don't want it to go into my esophagus.

I am a dental assistant and I also noticed a lot of tongue plaque. I scrape it everyday, but when you mess with the natural flora in the mouth it takes a while for it to normalize and I'm assuming getting banded would mess with it. Plus these liquids and mushy food seems to leave a scum in your mouth too. I suggest really good oral hygiene, I use my sonicare toothbrush, tongue scraper and sonicare flosser (like a Water pik) and things are starting to get better. Hope this helps :P

My post-op appointment is scheduled for Monday at 8:45am! Yeh! Hoping to get the OK for mushies! Maybe a fill, too!?!? I'm very excited for this! :D

I am a dental assistant and I also noticed a lot of tongue plaque. I scrape it everyday' date=' but when you mess with the natural flora in the mouth it takes a while for it to normalize and I'm assuming getting banded would mess with it. Plus these liquids and mushy food seems to leave a scum in your mouth too. I suggest really good oral hygiene, I use my sonicare toothbrush, tongue scraper and sonicare flosser (like a Water pik) and things are starting to get better. Hope this helps :P[/quote']

Thanks so much. I increase use of dry mouth rinse and it has helped.

So the tongue/mouth thing - I was going to comment on that today! When I wake I have the worst, yuckiest taste in my mouth. It tastes just like what my daugher's breath smelled like after she had her tonsils out. I suspect it's my insides healing, from the sutures where they stitched the band in place. Anyone else? It's getting better every day, it was pretty bad at the beginning.

As far as fills.. it appears my doctor started my band with 3cc's. Does anyone else know what their dr. put in at first?

ok..I feel ready to deem my self in post op stage

ok..I feel ready to deem my self in post op stage

Hey Girl ! You doing OK ?

Yeah..had some hard days and now I feel back to normal. Job needed me back starting 12/26 and I am so tired took me until now to feel like normal. I was still sore and driving 30 mins there and back felt like driving to 1000 miles. But I am good thanks

Had my first post op visit and ok for mushy food! :D Ok so after surgery this is weird' date=' and wondering if anyone else has had the same trouble. I know I need to urinate from the full feeling I get around my bladder but the "I have to pee" sensation is not there. Dr said its probably just from the anesthesia but I think its more of a nerve thing. Happen to anyone else?[/quote']

Yes, that's the same for me as well. The nurse said to just go when i think I should have to. It was from the anesthesia. I had my survery 12/21 and sometimes the need is there and sometimes it's not, so I make sure and go several times through the day.

I'm kind of new to this app. How do you add friends?

I had to go online to add friends. I could not do it from my phone.

Current pre-op wt 344 down 331.6

So what about NSVs. What is something small that you are going to be proud of? I think I'll be quite happy when my boots slide up easily over my calves. What's yours?

This happened to me the other day! I put on a pair of jeans and they were loose, which made me happy. THEN I put my boots on, and they zipped right up. I was actually shocked for a second!

Drinking warm prune juice …. y'all know what that means! <_<

so...i got schooled today. i went for my post-op appt - i had a revision on 12/19 which is basically an brand new banding. i put myself on mushies a few days ago, thinking that my esophagus was already used to the band because i had one before. boy was i wrong... apparently, the revision requires dissection and then stitching so i may even be more inflamed than most. oopsie! luckily, no harm was done and i am officially clear for mushies. i was also instructed to up my liquid intake (way up) and i wasn't getting nearly enough Protein either, which is directly related to hunger (who knew!). so i went straight to the store, got more Protein Shakes, metamucil for Fiber and 2 nice drinking thermoses to help me get that Water in. i really want to do this right this time, and although i do know a little bit about how to do this, i clearly still have A LOT to learn!

f

I guess each doctor is different . I'm still on liquids diet , for the next month. Which is January 21 . But , the only way that I'm having my Protein liquids is with one saltine cracker . I shouldn't but is my only way . I need my protein , because I feel really weak .

I can't wait for my soft diet :)