Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Often Do You Weigh In?

Hi There,

I was wondering how often everyone weighs in. I used to be obsessive about it and weigh myself daily. Then I threw the scale away and have only been weighing in at the Dr's office every 2-3 weeks. I am doing everything I am supposed to-no cheating, 1000-1200 cal a day, Protein, veg, then carbs, no drinking with food and only Water or non-cal drinks. I lost 11lbs the first 2 weeks then only 6 lbs the next 2 weeks. I go back to the Dr in 5 days and I am afraid of the scale! I don't know if I should continue to just weigh in at Dr's office or if I should do it at home and only weekly and try not to obsess!!!! Any thoughts?

I weigh every other day on my professional weight scale, Healthometer LB401.

Sounds like you may obsess about the scale either way, whether your weighing every day or not! Why don't you stick it out these next 5 days and see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised!

This is when you're going to get answers either way.

Personally, I do weigh every morning, but I don't obsess about a small gain or no loss. It all evens out!

Every day. Keeps me motivated.

I weigh my self each weekend on a sat if I remember..lol

Before I was banded, I didn't weigh myself. So, I changed all my habits that Didn't work in the past. That's why I weigh every other day to remind myself that it's easy to slip and this keeps me reined into eating properly.

Best wishes

I weigh every day, but that's because my husband and I have had this habit for years. We are the type of people who need to know our daily weight so that we can gauge ourselves accordingly. We used to RV full-time, and weighing in daily kept us from going crazy with food in different parts of the country. We don't obssess over it - it just a habit that works for us.

I still weigh every day...in the morning before I get dressed. I use it as simply a tool to let me know if I am on track. I totally understand that naturally my weight will fluctuate every day so I don't get to upset if it goes up a pound or so. I have found that this keeps me on track and when I do gain I really make an effort to make better choices the next day. For me, the key is to know where I am so that I can better navigate to where I want to be.

Only 6 pounds in 2 weeks???? That's 3 pounds a week- awsome weight loss. Of course you can't expect to loose 11 every 2 weeks. That was initial weight loss- probably lots of Fluid (still awsome). I think you need to just know you are doing all the right things- you don't need a number on the scale every day. That being said, I think if you own a scale and weigh in once a week or so that might work. Otherwise, just keep track by what the doc's scale says at each visit. Keep up the great work!

I am hoping for 2 lbs a week average but I know it gets harder as your weight goes down so I was hoping to pull a couple of months with larger numbers to kick start. I also worry because I had my foot casted so now I can't walk as much so if anyone has ideas to burn calories sitting down (even saying that sounds funny) please let me know! I really want to be successful with this and it is great seeing everyone that has been where I am that is now where they are! All the support is really appreciated! :wub: Thank you!

I weigh every day... If I don't I forget about weight and that's what got me here to begin with... If I gain I don't freak out just adjust my food one way or the other... It just depends on what's right for you!

I can't help it...I weigh every day!

Not weighing myself daily, weekly or even yearly is what got me to 377 lbs.... When i got on the scale at the first visit 2 yrs ago i was mortified. I was thinking high 200s and when it showed almost 400 I wanted to crawl under a rock. How did I let this happen??

So... I bought a scale. Who knew I had to buy a special one For fatties over 300.... But i got it and started getting on it daily... 2x a day. And i got banded and watched the numbers drop. When I got under 250 I even went out and got another scale for people of normal size. Lol

I have become obsessed with it. But I am ok with it. Not getting on one got me to a place I never will never visit again.

Idk but since I started on 4/30 I was 224 and til the day of surgery I was 211 and all most a month out I'm 206 but my cloth and pants fit the same so where is it coming off from

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk