Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

When I first got on the scales I actually gained 5 lbs due to Fluid swelling etc. But now the weight us just coming off because I'm not eating anything. I'm sure one I moved to mushy stage some weight will come back on again. I'm prepared becauseknow this is the beginning

i weighted myself gain 5 too on day 1 post op but now on day 5 i am down five from my surgery weight must have been the air they pump in our stomach

I am schedule for the 26th..

Have nt received my time yet..

Oh ok! They saw that I had one once they were in there. The doc said he fixed it before placing the band on. Seems to be quite common. :)

Thank U!!!

It will be over and you won't feel anything as you are in lala land. Your surgeon will be fully prepared to correct a hiatal hernia IF you have one when you have surgery. You will do great today and sounds like you found a good surgeon.

I'm going on Friday morning and this pre-op diet sucks! I'm glad I only have to do 3 days so I know I can do it. My body is not liking this liquid diet though. My moods are everywhere and I feel like a crazed person! It's all so worth it though. And when it's all over, I won't care a single bit.

Best of luck to all the bandsters that are today and tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.

On post-op day #2. Wondering if some of the odd symptoms I was having today are "normal." After reading many posts on LBT and calling my NP, they certainly are. Not hungry whatsoever, just thirsty and wishing I could take a huge drink of Water right now. But slow small sipping is the way to go. The journey begins and I cant wait to see results!

My surgery was dec 5th and I'm supposed to be on puréed foods but I feel no restriction. I can eat normal food (I just take a lot of extra care chewing). Does anyone else feel like this? I know there's no Fluid in the band yet but I figured I'd feel some type of restriction. Idk. I haven't lost any weight in 3 days. Anyone else have similar experience?

Today is post-op day 1 … had a little Protein Shake, some creamy Soup, tea, Water, and juice … all 'eaten' with tiny, slow sips. It took me two episodes of Bones to get down about a half cup of soup … so that's about an hour.

All that hurts is my chest … taking those deep breaths and coughing up whatever mucus is there is no easy task, but I do it. The hospital gave me a pillow (with a marker to so visitors could sign it!) and I am to hold the pillow to my stomach and give 2 good coughs about 4 x and hour. The gas pain is still lingering in the left shoulder, but like everyone else says … walking around helps to get it moving.

Hope all is well on everyone else's end … especially to those getting banded today!! :)

It's a test (camera down your throat)

Checking to see if I have a hernia..

EGD went well, which I have a hernia it will be repaired on the day of surgery... Surgery will be on the 26th still know time yet...

EGD went well' date=' which I have a hernia it will be repaired on the day of surgery... Surgery will be on the 26th still know time yet...[/quote']

Oh I have a 3 day pre op...

Nothing on Christmas day heavy ....

Oh I have a 3 day pre op...

Nothing on Christmas day heavy ....

3 day pre-op sounds good. 3 week was torture.

The all liquid 2 weeks prior were only a prelude to what you have to do when you get home. I think it makes it easier. it may not seem so now.....I had mine band done on 12-4 and now feel almost normal.. Good luck to all.

HELP ... Ive followed pre op to a T. Surgery is at 11am .. I have to fast after 6 and all I want is a double cheeseburger

3 day pre-op sounds good. 3 week was torture.

I did 3 weeks, too … after the first few days it got better … and seeing 20 pounds come off on pre-op made it worth it. I also think it really helped to prepare my body and mind for what post-op would be like. It really tested will power!

HELP ... Ive followed pre op to a T. Surgery is at 11am .. I have to fast after 6 and all I want is a double cheeseburger

Nooooo!!! LOL! The days of focusing on food are gone, except for when thinking up new and fun ways to enjoy eating as per our guidelines! Look at some Soup recipes online and think of ways to make some enjoyable Soups to have during the full-liquid phase. I mapped everything out as per my doc and nutritionalist. I can send you my list if you'd like! It's like a map of when and how I can eat. My surgery was yesterday and recovery as been great thus far! You got this, girl!!! :)

Good Luck Barry! Keep us in touch when you get out. We will be here waiting for you to cheer you on !

The surgery went flawless and I am home now from the hospital. I'm down 20 pounds including the preop liquid diet.< /p>