Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

So I called my nutritionist about what can be eaten today which is day 7 for me. The book I have been given by my surgeon's office says no pureed foods..it says soft foods on 7 thru 14. I attempted ti have small very small amount of tuna light mayo as a suggested recipe in the book. I took one bite and felt like I was going to DIE! After 20 mins of intense pain in my chest and upper back I went back to liquid. I had a big scare and I'm not ready for tuna yet. But I was told to introduce small amounts. I will try again tomorrow.

the shoulder pain is crazy... please tell me what do

the shoulder pain is crazy... please tell me what do

My doctors told me it was gas and it will go away the more u walk around and everything start working again!

Hey everyone I have a list of the items I have already purchase, please advise if I am missing anything:

Vitafusion multivitin complete

Biotin 1000mg

B-12

Viactiv Calcium plus D

Stool softer

chewable Fiber

Gas stripes x strength

So I called my nutritionist about what can be eaten today which is day 7 for me. The book I have been given by my surgeon's office says no pureed foods..it says soft foods on 7 thru 14. I attempted ti have small very small amount of tuna light mayo as a suggested recipe in the book. I took one bite and felt like I was going to DIE! After 20 mins of intense pain in my chest and upper back I went back to liquid. I had a big scare and I'm not ready for tuna yet. But I was told to introduce small amounts. I will try again tomorrow.

Tuna, as you found out, is probably not the food to start with. I still have trouble with it four months later! I went on Soup ...something like chicken noodle or vegetable beef. Some foods just end up in a big ball in your pouch and not easily tolerated. You will know pretty quickly what you can eat. Slow and easy is the key.

My doctors told me it was gas and it will go away the more u walk around and everything start working again!

thank you

Nyre you ain't kidding girl. This shoulder pain kept me up all night!

Nyre you ain't kidding girl. This shoulder pain kept me up all night!

i know... everyone have been telling me to walk..... how are u feel today

Where you at the Houston Surgery Center Friday? I'm going to walk around Walmart today and see if that helps. I'm fine other than the gas pain. Have you tried gas ex yet? I'm wondering if it will work

Where you at the Houston Surgery Center Friday? I'm going to walk around Walmart today and see if that helps. I'm fine other than the gas pain. Have you tried gas ex yet? I'm wondering if it will work

yeah..they bought me back at 8:30 but soon as i woke up they sent me home

gas x works for the other gas problem ...but my shoulder pain,..nothing is helping

Ok. I WAY over indulged today and it wasn't even the thought of surgery next week. Just no control. Prolly had enough calories for three days. Now I'm not worried about eating right after surgery. If I don't feel good food has no appeal. But now I'm getting anxious about when I feel better and eating too much. Anyone feeling anxious about that?

I know I am. I was hoping this band would make the weight come off for me, but It doesn't sound like that's the way it works... It's such a huge lifestyle change. To go through all this& then fail... Yeah I have anxiety too

You can do it sisters. Have faith! I believe in you !

Smiley, I think this is probably normal. I had my surgery yesterday and feel like I have a ton of mucus in my throat. It hurts too bad to cough so there's really no place I can make it go. Let me know if yours clears up in the next couple of days. I'd like something to look forward to, lol.

,mine has gone away still got some pain in chest

Blueturtle

It seems that most that don't succeed really didn't change their ways. A few have true complications but others just don't seem to eat the small amounts slowly. Hopefully since we've recognized this we will succeed! Luck to you!

Thanks for the encouragement.