Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Changing From Fluid Phase To Soft Foods

Hi , I've had the bad in now for 15days and I'm getting very confused on when I can start eating other foods ( soft food) I'm getting mixed up between week two and week three , so should I still be on fluids on week two or should I start eating soft food ?? I'm so confused :( ???“???“

Every surgeon is different. I was given a big calendar, color coded so that I could track and follow for my food changes. Personally, after surgery I was on Clear Liquids day 1 and 2. Then full fluids (soups, yogurts, pudding, smoothings) for 2 weeks. I am now on pureed and blenderized for 7 days, followed by stage 2 of that, chopped, ground meats and adding a bunch more well cooked foods for 10 days. Then my maintenance plan for life.

I'm just confused like how is it going to work I'll be on Fluid on two weeks and on the third week just start eating what my doctor told me to eat on the third week , I'm just very confused :( :( :( :(

That sounds right to be on fluids 2 weeks post op. What is your eating plan for week 3? All foods should be slowely introduced back into your diet, and you are still healing so you have to make choices that won't make your stomach work too hard. You should reconfirm this with your dr's office.

So for Breakfast I can have either well cooked porridge , high Fiber weet-bix well soaked with skim milk or low fat yougurt and peeled soft fresh ripe fruit ,

For lunch/ dinner : thick Soup or fresh fish fillet baked in foil or cooked In microwave , salmon or tuna casseroles , fish patties , poached eggs runny or soft scrambled eggs , and mashed or well cooked veggies or soft salad

Dessert: thick homemade custard or tinned fruit

That's all I can eat for week three I'm just worried that things will get stuck or I will chuck up is there anything else I can eat like homemade breast chicken patties or do I need to wait for week four and five ??

Ever surgeon has different plans. I cannot have porridge (yes to cream of wheat) or Cereal or fresh fruit on week 3, everything I eat has to be blenderized or pureed. I have been eating lots of chicken, put in a blender, so it comes out like the consistancy of Peanut Butter but I add a bit of gravy from a jar to it to moisten it up and it is fine with some mashed potatoes. Everything has to be mushy (think baby food). Fruit has to be pureed. But that is my plan from my clinic,

You should clarify with your dr's office.

Yer I'm gonna give them a call on Monday morning to see what's going on , also everytime I eat I get the hiccups is that normal ?? Sorry I'm new and I have a thousand and one questions lol

at 3 weeks i started the mushie phase. i had 4 meals a day 2 of which were still Protein Shakes. i ate mashed potatoes, black refried Beans, eggs, anything i could puree that tasted good!

Yer I'm gonna give them a call on Monday morning to see what's going on , also everytime I eat I get the hiccups is that normal ?? Sorry I'm new and I have a thousand and one questions lol

my dr said that can happen when eating or drinking to fast. laying down made them go away for me.

i was banded on fri (oct5),and i have to go back to surgeon on mon oct 15...he said to stay on liquid diet til then...at my appt,they will do an xray of my esophagus....as long as everything looks ok,he said i can start soft foods after that.

My app isn't until the 25 of October so it will be my third week , I think Australian health care is different to American health care ? Because I didn't pay for my band and I wasn't given much information l think u Have a better health system lol

i didnt pay either,my insurance covered it...but it is major surgery...so u shouldve gotten more info! i got a whole packet,stuffed with info....and this site is great! everyone is soooo helpful!!!

I did it via public health care , so the government paid for it and everything , I don't even think I get to see the surgeon thr actually done the surgery on me ? So that why I'm kinda in the grey , they didn't even do an X-ray or anything it's really werid I'm worried that something will go wrong and they won't pick it up until I'm in ER :( but yer this is a really good place to find out things u guys are much more helpful then my doctor lol