Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Sad And Depressed!

Thank you all for your support. I feel much better and I will follow your advice. What I was trying to say about eating anything was that I can eat my regular portions as if the band was not there and that depresses me bcuz I will end up gaining weight again. I hope I can feel restriction soon.

Thank you all for your support. I feel much better and I will follow your advice. What I was trying to say about eating anything was that I can eat my regular portions as if the band was not there and that depresses me bcuz I will end up gaining weight again. I hope I can feel restriction soon.

hi patty, dont be sad or depressed. i know its easier said than done.

i dont have any (restriction either) in regards to fills

but i make myself eat as though i do. i watch my portions

and stop eating at a cup of food and focus on Protein first.

we are not on a diet but we do have to make some good choices in regards to

eating foods and not just choosing empty calorie foods.

congrats on that 25 pound weight loss. that is 5 bags of five pounds sugar.

that is alot. please note that all people are different. some lose faster and some

lose slower but as long as you are losing, thats a good thing.

now put a smile on that pretty face and just know you are doing so well :)

Nayelli, tell me what Kitosis is please.

Ketosis is the marker in your urine which indicates that your body is burning off it's fat during metabolism...

What you describe with your mood is not uncommon...we are conditioned to want to see results, daily if possible with weight loss, and that's not realistic.

Learn to not get obsessed with your scale, and try not to weigh yourself everyday...it only contributes to unnecessary negative feelings of disappointment and "depression". Small fluctuations in weight are normal.

You are in what is commonly described as "bandster hell"...you are still able to essentially eat anything and in quantities greater than you should be. Just because you can eat like you used to do pre op does not mean that you should give yourself permission to do that...and it is all about choices we make as to how compliant we will learn to be with our diet.

During this phase, you need to rely on your own will power and develop coping skills to help you manage your portion sizes and hunger control. What works for me is to drink Water or other "free fluids" which do contribute to a feeling of satiation to get me through to the next meal.

Distract yourself with a project around your house or get out for some exercise...one of the other posters was correct; exercise generates endorphins in the brain, which helps to elevate and stabilize your mood naturally.

It does get easier...after 3 fills I finally have a degree of restriction and I am better able to manage hunger. You have great and wonderful things to look forward to...!

In the meantime, Celebrate the progress you have made to date, and look forward to your healthier future...

Nayelli, tell me what Kitosis is please.

Well when your body enters Ketosis mode it used your fat as energy instead of your carbs ( hence the weight loss). If you decide to do it please keep me posted hope it helps =)

Hi there, welll is quite simple actually only thing is that I suck at cooking so my menu is pretty simple but if you are good with cooking than by all means get creative ok.

*So basically its six meals a day ( Ketosis it's only for 3 days ok)

* eat every 3 hrs or so

* No salt

* drink one gallon of distilled Water per day ( very important)

* Green veggies ( only green veggies are aloud)

*Protein ( egg whites (3 eggwhites if you are a female 4 if you are a male), fish, tuna, chicken, beef with no fat, tofu, soy,etc.)

So this is what you do try to start at 7 or 8am so you wont finish that late at night ok. Well first meal its ONLY Protein, second meal protein AND veggies, second meal ONLY protein,third meal, protein AND Veggies and so on ok.it's one and one. Make sure you get all that gallon of Water in ok or as much as possible the more water the better.

ok so I survive those 3 days with

*Tuna in water ( if you can find with no sodium great if not its ok)

*Canned chicken breast ( regular chicken is too hard for me ever since the band was placed)

*Tilapia Fish

Beef like ground meat or tureky ( I stick with white meat becaus eit's easie rfo rme to cook

* Broccoli, cucumbers,lettuce, Zuqquini ( hope I spelled that right ( I really don't like vegatables only this four)

* Distilled water any brand ( make sure is distilled ok)

Recommendations:

*I use Mr. Dash Seasonings to season my food it has no sodium ( salt) pick whatever you like. I personally like the chipotle, and lemon pepper. You can findd them at Walmart.< /p>

*Before the band 4oz of protein it's the amount of food you should eat and vegetables 1cup - since i'm getting my first fill next week I really don't have alot of restriction I ate about 3oz of protein an dlike half of cup of veggies when I ate both, when only doing protein I probably finished the whole 4oz tuna can. So portion I guess you have to figure out your stomach ok.

* if you have a job and it's hard to get Breakfast you can drink a Protein shake in the morning but only if you really have too ok.

*If you get hungry in between you can eat some pieces of cucumber those have absolutely no calories.

I hate drinking water and I get sick of it I recommend some Mio to flavor the water it has no calories, carbs, sugar, and most important no sodium.

* exercice that helps alot

*If you get a headeche try some black cofee to help you ( headache sometime happen from lack of sugar)

Ok I think it's everything hope this helps you ok. I just did one I started on wednesday morning and finished friday night by saturday morning I weighted myself and I ha dlost 5lbs =) Please remember that you only do this when you get stalled or at the very least once every four weeks. If you ant your body in ketosis mode long term do some reasearch because I still have not learned it yet ok. Please up-date me in your progress. Best of luck!!

I think each and every person who has had lapband has gone through this, you are terrified of failure. The key is don't give up. Sometimes getting frustrated pushes us to work at it harder. I had surgery June 22nd and just hit 35 lbs down today and I feel like that isn't enough, but what would be? Carolina girl always says you didn't gain overnight you won't lose over night and that is TRUE!!

I do highly recommend calorie counting, I use myfitnesspal and a fitbit- this really helps me be responsible for my actions or lack there of. I didn't realize before that how many calories I was actally consuming.

Stay the course you will make it. Like so many others say until you get restriction it's just a diet. Plus it's also nice to think about it this way- when was the last time you lost 25lbs in 3 months?

You are doing great hon don't get down on yourself. I know it's easy to get anxious people who know you have had surgery asking how much you've lost doesn't help. I feel your pain. But remember your on track your doing this for you to get healthy slow is healthy you can do this don't get discouraged. Just keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Hi Everyone, It's been awhile since I've been on and posted. I was banded 20 months ago 1-11-11 and have loss 62lb. I have to say it is and continue's to be a struggle to lose. The first year I loss about 40 pounds. I too was constantly weighing and not happy when I didn't loose. I have finally gotten to the point were I'm happy with my weight loss and if I loose more that will be O.K. I'm not really on a diet at this point I watch what I eat and eat ALOT LESS for sure. I think our body's get to a point were it just doesn't feel like loosing anymore and we stall out. My doctor told me it would about 3 years to get were I want to be. I think he is right! For me getting to the right fill point (5cc in 10cc) is important I've been overfilled and it's not fun. You are on the right track it just takes time..

You are so right. People who know I have the lapband constantly ask me how much I have lost. They expect to see me very thin already.

Yes, this is so true. They all think that we had gastric bypass and should lose all the weight automatically. It, as you know, is not that way. It is almost a good reason to not tell everyone that you have had lapband surgery, right away. People who mattered knew in my case, others did not need to know! Best wishes. Karen