Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon Did You Return Back To Work After Surgery

I had surgery on Friday Sept. 14th and came back to work today Sept. 18. A little sore, but walking around has helped with the pain and what gas is still left in my system. If I took more time off it would've been more so to just be lazy and chill vs. recovery.

I was banded on the 7th and I went back to work on the 12th for a half day but found that I still didn't feel like myself so I waited to go back to work for a full day on the 14th. So it took about a full week to start feeling somewhat normal again. Take the time off if you have it. Believe me sleep it off and walk when your not sleeping. It will help so much with the gas pain and getting past the exhaustion that the healing process does to your body. Congrats on getting banded and welcome to the other side.

I was banded on a Tuesday and went back Monday. I made sure to wear my ab binder.< /p>

I had my op on 9/11 and took off the whole week. I started back this week, working from home. Couldn't carry my computer bag etc as too heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Wow not sure how you all are going back to work so soon after surgery. I had my surgery yesterday and to even think about going back to work in two weeks is scary never mond within the same week. Maybe having a small hernia stitched is causing more pain but my stomach just feels so loose and vulnerable, not to mention the gas pains. Im sure my dr will keep me out at least three weeks since i work with young children who have ASD

I went back on day 9 post OP. I was fine, but not completely back to myself. I wish I had taken more time but only cause I never take off work and another week at home would have been nice. ;)

I think it all depends n the type of work you do. If you have a desk job you may be able to return to work very quickly. If not, it would better to rest at home. I am an RN we work 12 hour shifts with no possibility to go home early. Breaks happen when there is a break in the workload. My first day back I got yogurt on the fly and lunch at 1230 and then nothing until end of shift at 7pm. Be kind to yourself take time if you can......don't push yourself in the first 2 weeks. Let your body get used to the new "you".

I took the total of 6 weeks off. My boss told me that I couldn't come back with any restrictions, so my dr office girls wrote the paperwork out for 6 wks off. I enjoyed it emencely. I am back to work now, and I find that I do have a lot more energy than before. My legs and feet hurt but that is not gonna stop me from taking the stairs whenever possible.

I am a teacher and I had my surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work that Monday. I also did not use any pain killer post surgery from the first dosage when I woke up. I have a high pain tolerance though! Really though, my surgeon told me two weeks but I felt good! I also moved into a new house the weekend of surgery because the landlord wouldn't let me move in the week before and I couldn't do the week after so the most I lifted was like 10 pounds. You know you body best so make the decision that is right for you!

I am a teacher and I had my surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work that Monday. I also did not use any pain killer post surgery from the first dosage when I woke up. I have a high pain tolerance though! Really though' date=' my surgeon told me two weeks but I felt good! I also moved into a new house the weekend of surgery because the landlord wouldn't let me move in the week before and I couldn't do the week after so the most I lifted was like 10 pounds. You know you body best so make the decision that is right for you![/quote']

Also, I had a medium sized hernia fixed. Take your time though, everyone heals differently! And don't let people scare you saying its gonna hurt! That happened to me and the surgery was nothing! You will do great! Good luck!!

I had my surgery 9/4 and still have not gone back to work. My insurance approved me for 4 weeks off and if I needed more time just to call and let them know. I am going to take the most I can because I know once I get back to work I'll regret that I didn't. I love not working, I'll say that!!

Well my surgery was Friday afternoon I went back to my desk job Monday. Got sore so I went home. Today I worked the whole day fine. I'm sorry but a whole week would be a bit much for me. I walked a mile day 3. The less you baby yourself and get up and move the faster you will heal!

My surgery was on a Wednesday and I returned to work (elementary teacher) on the following Tuesday. I should have waited one more day.

I took off 3 weeks because I'm a lazy betch lol. No really it's because I'm a nurse and am scared to do any heavy lifting right now. Plus, there is rarely a break and I would feel overwhelmed with that right now while I try to figure out my diet. Just take off what feels right for you. This is our time :)

I had my surgery on April 13,2012 and return to Work on May 5,2015 surgery went well and I only took 1 pain pill when I got home I was ready to go back in a week but really enjoy my time off so take how much time as you need trust me the doctor will approve it everybody body is different ! I wish you the best on your journey.....