Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Might Be The Only 1 Who Feels This Way

I've had the lap-band since March of this year and I question having it everyday. Like did I make the right decision. I get frustrated when I can't eat simple things that should be able to go down don't. I wanna lose this weight so bad that I would go days without eating anything, But there are some days where I have to push myself to eat because I need to. I never been the type of person that was always eating but I do like to eat don't get me wrong. I am frustrated like hell when it comes to food to the point where I don't wanna eat at all.. I shouldn't go all day without eating but I get so tried of throwing up that I just say f**k it.& yes I will chew & chew and it still ends up coming back up. No my band isn't tight b/c if it was I wouldn't be able to drink everything.. I'm just venting. I'm just tried of buying food cooking it then I can't enjoy it b/c it comes back up. Just wanna throw in the towel with all the hard work & get this band removed and just be done with it but then I don't wanna be back where I started in the beginning. So I try to keep my eye on my goal even if it's hard as well..

Does your surgeon know what is happening when you eat? What you are describing is not normal.

There is no way for you to get proper nutrition long term if you can't eat.

Hope you feel better...

No But I will be saying something to him when I go see him..

I thought one of the problems of being too tight was that liquids and sometimes sliders would go down but nothing more solid, so people start to drink their calories (sometimes in the form of milk shakes and other high calorie drinks). I have not been too tight (I am actually weird and haven't even had a fill yet) so all I have to go on is what I have read.

When you go in for fills does your doctor have a chart to help you decide if you are in the green zone? Based on the chart I look at it sounds like you are in the red zone. If your not familiar with the chart, there is a yellow zone where you are often hungry and eat more than a 1/2 cup per meal. The green zone is of course where we want to be and the red zone is when you have a hard time getting solids down.

Hope this helps! I would call the doc soon and see about a slight unfill.

No But I will be saying something to him when I go see him..

Don't wait until your next appointment...ASAP is a better. The surgeon won't be able to help you if you don't communicate...

I thought one of the problems of being too tight was that liquids and sometimes sliders would go down but nothing more solid, so people start to drink their calories (sometimes in the form of milk shakes and other high calorie drinks). I have not been too tight (I am actually weird and haven't even had a fill yet) so all I have to go on is what I have read.

When you go in for fills does your doctor have a chart to help you decide if you are in the green zone? Based on the chart I look at it sounds like you are in the red zone. If your not familiar with the chart, there is a yellow zone where you are often hungry and eat more than a 1/2 cup per meal. The green zone is of course where we want to be and the red zone is when you have a hard time getting solids down.

Hope this helps! I would call the doc soon and see about a slight unfill.

Sometimes I can eat and it does stay down but then I have days where it doesn't at all..I think Imma just eat yogurt since I love it and it stays down without any problem

I agree that if you cannot eat properly even when you are following the right eating habits probably means you are too tight. I would definitely schedule an appt ASAP to get some Fluid removed and have a heart to heart with your Dr.

I would definitely have a talk with your doctor.

Also... just curious what size bites are you taking (try taking bites the size of your pinky nail) that's what I was told. Make sure you finish what your have in your mouth before you take your second or third bite. I really had to think about that step when I was first banded... but once I thought about it and slowed down my eating things really worked for me. I've never had an issue with being sick (fingers crossed).

Please don't give up... I"m sure you and your doctor can get you back on track. It may be as simple as a small de-fill.

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

tomander@bell.net

No my band isn't tight b/c if it was I wouldn't be able to drink everything.

Generally tight bands do not cause trouble drinking, they cause trouble eating. From what you describe it sounds as though either your band is too tight or you are not taking small enough bites and/or chewing enough and/or waiting long enough between bites. If you are sure that you are eating correctly then I would go back to the Dr and get a small unfill - you will probably find it a lot easier and more comfortable.

Another thought, are you drinking with meal? Your surgeon got paid big bucks for your surgery, make him work for it.

Hope things straighten out soon.

Best of luck!

Call her surgeon ASAP!!#!#

Omg you sound just like me about 2 months I was so fed up with throwing up I was ready to give up. I went as far as talking to my doc about the sleeve ( my husband and doc was not happy about it though) my doc told me to give the band one last shot. So before all this all I was eating (drinking) was my Protein Shakes and I wasn't losing. So my doc removed 2cc and now we are slowly putting it back .3cc at a time. Now I'm eating real food and I finally started to lose, it still is going really slow but I finally see the scale going in the right direction. Don't give up I know it hard but you really need to talk with your doctor that's what he is there for. Have some Fluid removed because you are too tight and slowly have it put back in. Good luck and let us know what happens

To me, this was the very reason I needed to go slow with my fills...so I didn't have to experience throwing up. I needed to really listen to my body after each fill or adjustment. It gave me time to understand how my body would respond. I have learned to chew better, take smaller bites, carefully know the textures that work for me and what I tolerate as my fills make the band tighter. I also know that illness, drainage, periods, stress, travel, time of day...all make my band feel more restricted. It's been 19 months and I am learning to slow my life down for eating. Making good choices are definitely my priority. But I have had throwing up experiences in which I had to really problem solve why it occurred. Do talk with your doctor and nutritionist because this should be a more pleasant experience:) best wishes

Thank You All for your comments... Soon as Monday comes around I will be calling him.. Hope you all have a safe weekend

Omg you sound just like me about 2 months I was so fed up with throwing up I was ready to give up. I went as far as talking to my doc about the sleeve ( my husband and doc was not happy about it though) my doc told me to give the band one last shot. So before all this all I was eating (drinking) was my Protein Shakes and I wasn't losing. So my doc removed 2cc and now we are slowly putting it back .3cc at a time. Now I'm eating real food and I finally started to lose, it still is going really slow but I finally see the scale going in the right direction. Don't give up I know it hard but you really need to talk with your doctor that's what he is there for. Have some Fluid removed because you are too tight and slowly have it put back in. Good luck and let us know what happens

Thank you and ur right sounds just alike I will be calling him Monday to change my appointment might just need fluid out.