Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Might Be The Only 1 Who Feels This Way

Also....Think about where you started! You were at 335 and now down to 277! That is awesome. Give yourself some credit. We are proud of you and you should be too. I just had my surgery a little over a week ago so I haven't had fills or anything yet. RIght now I am trying to tell all of the horrible, fattening food that I cannot see them anymore. It is a little depressing to go to a Mexican restaurant and not have tortilla chips with a Dr. Pepper. But it is also a little depressing to go shopping and see an outfit that looks much cuter on the hanger that it does on me.

Good luck to you and keep up posted!

I agree with everyone who has said you might be too tight.

It can be slow and frustrating to getting to the green zone but

1) concentrate on your accomplishments! You really did go far (I'm referring to how much u lost according to your ticker)

2) Try being patient and communicating with your doc. Ideally the band should limit the AMOUNT we eat (and maybe SOME foods) but for the most part you shouldn't be having such drastic issues with eating

3) I know this sounds nuts but i learn a LOT from eating meals with skinny people. I notice that they naturally take smaller bites/chew longer/smaller portions etc etc. Eating around morbidly obese people is very discouraging for a bansdter because they have the ability to literally scarf food down or gulp it like liquids. Just picture yourself as a thin person and then try eating like one

I've had the lap-band since March of this year and I question having it everyday. Like did I make the right decision. I get frustrated when I can't eat simple things that should be able to go down don't. I wanna lose this weight so bad that I would go days without eating anything' date=' But there are some days where I have to push myself to eat because I need to. I never been the type of person that was always eating but I do like to eat don't get me wrong. I am frustrated like hell when it comes to food to the point where I don't wanna eat at all.. I shouldn't go all day without eating but I get so tried of throwing up that I just say f**k it.& yes I will chew & chew and it still ends up coming back up. No my band isn't tight b/c if it was I wouldn't be able to drink everything.. I'm just venting. I'm just tried of buying food cooking it then I can't enjoy it b/c it comes back up. Just wanna throw in the towel with all the hard work & get this band removed and just be done with it but then I don't wanna be back where I started in the beginning. So I try to keep my eye on my goal even if it's hard as well..[/quote']

I understand what you are saying Sooo much. I am completely in the same boat! I had surgery well over a year and a half and have much to lose still. No matter how much I chew I constantly feel like I'm struggling not to choke to death and I have had my Lapband adjusted to the "appropriate" level. Reading your post helps me feel not alone. Don't give up, as slow as it is keep trying to not give up.

Also i have a fickle band...some days it's fine and others i cant keep things down...u may need a small unfill..but once i realized that restriction isnt a constanf thing and can change due to the weathwf..my emotions..etc..i just accepted it...best wishes to you hun

Just because u can drink doesn't mean your band is not tight.that sounds like classic overfill to me.please see your dr IMMEDIATELY !! You are not well ! Vomiting is NEVER ok !! Not eating for days is NEVER ok !! And it's NOT WORTH IT !!

I agree with the suggestions. Lots of support and experience talking. I was getting PO'd as I sometimes experienced PBs - probably from not chewing, sometimes tablets etc. a friend told me about Papaya enzimes, a chewable tablet (I found them at GNC) Now, any issues and I chew 3 or 4 and the issue is resolved in a few minutes. Works for me

You are doing well. Deflate the band a tad and off you go. Good luck

What the heck? Silly iPhone, sill me. Sorry for multiple postings

Silly iPhone, sill me. Sorry for multiple postings

How many times did I hit post. Really sorry guys. First time using iPhone app

Silly iPhone, sill me. Sorry for multiple postings

You just described my daily life exactly! I too was banded in March and have struggled ever since then. I experience vomiting, chest pain, and excessive burping/hiccups regularly. My weight loss has been almost non existent and I am soooo frustrated! I had one unfill in June and then a new fill 4 weeks ago. The first two weeks it felt ok but this last two weeks have been terrible. I can't keep anything down. I know it is wrong but sometimes I do eat ice cream just because it's the only thing I can get down and it's available when I'm not home to cook. You have no idea how great it is to hear that someone else is having the same issues. I really thought it was just me and that I was a complete failure!

I go back to my dr on Thursday and hopefully will get an adjustment. Hang in there and let me know how it goes for you after you see your dr.

You just described my daily life exactly! I too was banded in March and have struggled ever since then. I experience vomiting, chest pain, and excessive burping/hiccups regularly. My weight loss has been almost non existent and I am soooo frustrated! I had one unfill in June and then a new fill 4 weeks ago. The first two weeks it felt ok but this last two weeks have been terrible. I can't keep anything down. I know it is wrong but sometimes I do eat ice cream just because it's the only thing I can get down and it's available when I'm not home to cook. You have no idea how great it is to hear that someone else is having the same issues. I really thought it was just me and that I was a complete failure!

I go back to my dr on Thursday and hopefully will get an adjustment. Hang in there and let me know how it goes for you after you see your dr.

If you cannot keep foods down, you should have Protein drinks, milk, or those Protein Shots available to eat and not be eating ice cream. You need the Protein.< /p>

To me, this was the very reason I needed to go slow with my fills...so I didn't have to experience throwing up. I needed to really listen to my body after each fill or adjustment. It gave me time to understand how my body would respond. I have learned to chew better, take smaller bites, carefully know the textures that work for me and what I tolerate as my fills make the band tighter. I also know that illness, drainage, periods, stress, travel, time of day...all make my band feel more restricted. It's been 19 months and I am learning to slow my life down for eating. Making good choices are definitely my priority. But I have had throwing up experiences in which I had to really problem solve why it occurred. Do talk with your doctor and nutritionist because this should be a more pleasant experience:) best wishes

I really liked your response as you can tell you have the mental side of the band (for the most part anyway) worked out. Its hard because very few people understand the "mental side" of living with the band. Would love to pick your brain for about 2 hours...on what you have learned....so I don't have to learn the hard way.

P.S. My surgery is in 29 days....OHH KNOW :o

If you don't mind me asking, how much weight have you lost in 6 months? Don't worry...the amount you lost won't define you as a success or failure with the band. Sounds you are just learning how to be successful with the band...and that takes time :)

Blessings sis !!!