Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Did It Take To Hear From Insurance?

My paperwork should have gotten submitted to my insurance company Sept. 4, but I still haven't heard anything yet :( Now I'm beginning to wonder if 1) the mean girl at my surgeon's office didn't submit it, or 2) I'm doomed to denial. Help!!!

I called my Insurance 5 business days after my Dr's office submitted...just to be sure they got all the paperwork. Then 10 days after that, I still hadn't heard anything. I called my Insurance and was told my Drs office had left out verification of 3 office visits I needed to have during the 6 month supervised diet program. I called the office and they resubmitted. I did the same thing I did the first time and called my Insurance to be sure the paper work was in...that was Monday and I heard back yesterday that I will have surgery on the 27th.

All this started on August 13. So it was over a month for me. I would call your Insurance company.

Took my insurance co 1wk to approve.

But Drs office said by law they have 30 days.

Thanks so much! I'm already having a heart attack because the snotty girl kept telling me I was going to get denied, even though I'd been in touch with a supervisor from my insurance company and did everything she told me to. I just want this so bad and have had a lot of obstacles along the way, I feel like this may be another hurdle, but I hope I'm wrong!

I have BCBS & it took about a week. My patient advocate told me to wait a week from my last appointment & then give the insurance co a call. She said this will keep me in their "radar". Thank God it worked!

I feel very lucky! It only took my insurance company 1.5 days to approve me. I went for my last appointment on Wednesday @ 4:15 pm and the nurse told me they would submit the paperwork on Thursday. I received my approval call at about 1 pm on Friday. I have BCBS and I am in PA. Keep calling your physicians office and the insurance company :)

Can anyone tell me the process I have a first apointment on the 26 how long after that will the surgery come?

Can anyone tell me the process I have a first apointment on the 26 how long after that will the surgery come?

What does your insurance require? Or are you self pay?

My insurance company took 2 weeks to approve. I actually called at two weeks and received a call the next morning saying I was approved. I have Anthem BCBS.

Don't stress out about this and don't look at all the other posts saying "I got approved in 2 hours!" because all companies vary in approval times and people who have more issues are more prone to get approved faster.

Also remember if you satisfied all the requirements that the company set forth and they deny you, you can appeal or you can take legal action.

depending on insurance requirements, it could take anywhere from about a month to six or seven. Some companies require a 6 month supervised diet, and others just need clearance testing.

If you have your benefits book (or you can call customer service), you should be able to see the requirements laid out very clearly, including all testing requirements.

depending on insurance requirements' date=' it could take anywhere from about a month to six or seven. Some companies require a 6 month supervised diet, and others just need clearance testing.

If you have your benefits book (or you can call customer service), you should be able to see the requirements laid out very clearly, including all testing requirements.[/quote']

Thank u;) I just looked and they do pay for it depends on health I have high blood pressure and depression because of my weight

It took me 3 days. They only approve for a " less than 23 hour" stay.

So I called my health insurance this morning to find out what the hold up was... Turns out the paperwork was never submitted... I left a message at my surgeon's office to speak with the office manager because there's NO excuse for the girl to have given me attitude then to not submit the paperwork. More to come...

My partner and I have the same insurance (diff policys) and my paperwork was submitted 5 days before hers. She had approval in about 3 business days and I didn't. When I checked my info at the surgeon's office they had messed up my SSN by one number. So I threw a (polite) fit and talked to the office manager and the insurance company (this was on Friday evening) the office called the insurance and I had my approval by Monday morning. I have BCBS PPO