Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How To Tighten A Lap Band Without A Port Head?

Yeah right!

This is why she won't tell us who her Dr is. She is making this stuff up.

Elcee, Elcee, Elcee......you obviously don't have the intelligence, understanding, or originality to have a valuable view on the matter.

Well what would you expect from a ffp, it's not like I'm a model or anything.

This is going to be snarky so look away now if easily offended, but does anyone else read this thread with "I'm a model, you know what I mean and I do my little turn on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah, on the catwalk, I shake my little tush on the catwalk"going through their head or is it really just me?

Well what would you expect from a ffp' date=' it's not like I'm a model or anything.[/quote']

We should start an ffp group!!!!!

Please don't the Australian healthcare system by the "experience" of model. elcee and Jachut's descriptions are far more accurate.

I know, based on personal experience, that if I phone my bariatric surgeon's office with an emergency, I can and will be seen the same day.

I find it incredulous that any Australian doctor would leave the tube end sticking out of a patient's abdomen without any sort of care and follow up. This would be through an open wound in the skin and have all sorts of infection risks associated with it that would need to be managed carefully.

I find it incredulous that any person would wait two weeks to seek medical help from the moment the first part of the port broke through their skin. Again, this would be through an open wound - how did it not become horrendously infected in this time?

I even find the original poster's explanation of the latest treatment by her bariatric surgeon to be incredulous - but that could be because this is an incredibly unusual situation which required incredibly unusual treatment.

Just because I don't believe what model has posted doesn't make it untrue.

But this whole thread does reflect badly on the Australian health care system - which is actually one of the best in the world for access to medically necessary treatment.

And it has the potential to misinform and alarm a whole lot of potential bandsters - which would be extremely unfortunate considering the many other positive band experiences which have been shared on this forum.

Let the attack begin! :wacko:

highly entertaining thread.

if your port has broke through the skin, sounds like a medical necessity to me. Are they not going to fix it for you?

I was thinking the exact same thing. How exactly does a port come through the skin and who exactly cut it off? I would be worried about possible infection.

We all want to be thin or we wouldn't be here, but my concern is that you asked us not to worry about your overall health and just offer solutions with this problem. I don't see how you can move forward until you have dealth with the implications of a broken band.

Good luck!

I was thinking the exact same thing. How exactly does a port come through the skin and who exactly cut it off? I would be worried about possible infection.

We all want to be thin or we wouldn't be here, but my concern is that you asked us not to worry about your overall health and just offer solutions with this problem. I don't see how you can move forward until you have dealth with the implications of a broken band.

Good luck!

Okay, now I have just read this whole thread and am thinking one thing and one thing only.....WTF.

Sincerely,

One of the "fat people trying to save their life."

Model, is it possible to take a picture of this to see? I mean it would not be an invasion of privacy as your face would not be expossed. I think a lot of people replying to this thread are concerned and curious.....thanks and good luck.

Model, is it possible to take a picture of this to see? I mean it would not be an invasion of privacy as your face would not be expossed. I think a lot of people replying to this thread are concerned and curious.....thanks and good luck.

I find it bizarre anybody thinks I made the story up for fun.

I’m an incredibly busy person and have better things to do with my time. My original post was a genuine appeal for ideas and information.

Now….. to dig myself in deeper the doctors said the port most likely popped out because I’m so thin. With most patients there's a layer of fat between the stomach wall to keep the port in. I literally had nil fat, just a layer of skin.

I am not giving away the doctors name as its already been discussed that his willingness to help me is controversial and some people might persecute his actions. To me this doctor is a saviour and has a large flower bouquet being delivered to his office next week.

I have been very lucky to be walking around with an open wound and had nil infection problems. Incredibly for half the time I didn’t even have a covering or pad over it because it was a bit uncomfortable.

Yes I cannot have any fills or fill removed now. I could have another operation in the future to attach a new port but I don't find it necessary for now.

I’m more than happy to take a picture of my stomach. It will only show a large wound as I never took pictures of the port when it was dislodged. I shall post the ‘evidence’ photo within the next 24 hours.

Come on people, Model is a troll & I think she could be related to a couple other posters on LBT.

Okay, first of all, did she REALLY say that she didn't realize this was a forum for FAT people??? Wow...Secondly, there was no mention of the resulting wound that HAD to be a result of the port coming through her skin. Hmmm...

Ok. My bad. I did finally see mention of the wound. Smh...