Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question. I am really embarrassed to ask this because I have hid it from everyone I know. I have PCOS. With PCOS, I have many of the symptoms such as being over weight, not being able to get pregnant and the most horrible of them all is facial hair. My question is....anyone who has PCOS have you noticed less facial hair due to losing weight with the lap bad. I am praying once I get banded in Jan that it will stop growing.

I have to deal with the same thing for the same reason... For me, I have not noticed a change for the better or worse. Altho I have noticed other hormonal changes that one hasn't changed for me and omg I agree - its awful. Its possible it could still help for you tho so don't give up hope!!! Hormones are so dang unpredictable & do different stuff for everyone. I keep hoping mine will taper off. I've noticed aunt flow seems to be getting easier so Id like to think its a possibility for us :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

My best friend had gastric bypass because she was told it would help with her PCOS. Her surgery was 2 years ago, she has lost 120 and at a good weight. She feels better, but her PCOS seems worse now than before. She has 3 week cycles. I feel for anyone with PCOS.

I too have that and have been dealing with it for years I too can only hope the facial hair gets better after I am banded and start loosing weight

good luck to you ladies I feel your pain

I have not seen any change in the amount of facial hair. I am over 2 years out from my surgery and down 100 pounds!!

My hair is gone!! The cheek/side burns are gone. The chin and beard hair, gone. I only have slight hair on my upper lip but it has really faded and sparse. I only wax maybe a few times a year now since its so light but being dark haired I think Im going to laser what is left when I get my under arms done.

You give me hope! Mine is bad but there are times it doesn't look as bad. I am praying it will at least improve it. If not, I Will be investing in laser treatments.

I never had it bad on my face... The ony thing that really helps the hair for me where I have it (inner thighs) is taking Yasmin. It controls the testosterone.

I haven't had surgery yet but have had laser hair removal and it rocks... Takes about a year and priceless results

I am also a bandster with PCOS. I have lost about 90 lbs and have not noticed a change in facial hair as of yet...there is always hope though, right?!? lol I have noticed that my hormones do seem a bit more balanced and I now have a 30-32 day cycle without medication.

The cause of the excess hair in a male pattern, is from to much testosterone and also caused by insulin resistance. Have you been put on metformin therapy? I have found that with the combination of the weight loss from following a low carb, lower meat diet and with the additon of metformin and regular exercise alot of my PCOS symptoms tamed down. But what really helped was the additon of the lapband. I've now lost 68lbs and with keeping up with the metformin and working out i've noticed the male patterned growth of hair is less.

I know some wommen have tried the olay hair kit thing, but it is pricey. I wonder if it's worked though. You can also ask your MD for a scrip for vaniqua it gets rid of the hair but the tubes are expensive they are like $100/tube not ins. covered.

For me i've not found anything that i can afford pharmacutacally for me the old shave gel and razor works for the legs and underarms. For the face I pluck with twezzers.

If you consider some of the other pharmacutical drugs for hair removal be very aware of what if any effects it could have on your intentions for pregnancy. I know some gals have gotten huge suprises after loosing say 70 pounds or so ovulation restores for some and suprises happen.

I wish that was the case for me, but that looks not to be the case.

Yeah, PCOS here. Stubborn inability to lose weight using the 'typical methods,' hair under my chin that I shave to keep in check, night sweats that have me greeting the morning in a puddle, periodic hot flashes and a general intolerance to humidity. I went almost a year without a period, although my cycle seems to be trying to correct itself now that I've been losing weight. Sort of. (Although I am a bit terrified that once I'm banded and weight loss speeds up that I'm going to be hit with the tidal floodwaters of the Red Sea.)

Women come in my salon everyday with this problem so u have nothing to be embarrassed about..waxing is the best method of removal..it will damange the hair folicial over time and prevent the hair from growing..not completely but u will notice it's not as course..if ur not comfortable going to a salon to have it done..I belv u can get a wax pot at ulta..I would avoid pre-waxed strips they dont work and end up just breaking the hair off not pulling it out

I have pcos also and I hope that the hair goes away also. I hate having to shave every other day. Luckily I don't have the shaving marks like some women I see. I'm hoping that my lapband will get me small enough that I can conceive and carry a child.