Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you have had Breast reconstructive or reduction surgery....  

2 members have voted

1. 1. If you have had Breast reconstructive or reduction surgery....

• I lost no sensation in my nipples.
    • I lost minimal sensation in my nipples.
    • I lost all sensation in my nipples.
    • I haven't had reconstructive or reduction but I am thinking about it.

I had my band surgery 3 and a half years ago. Lost 50lbs with 25more to go. My boobs bubble out of a 36DD and sag to my belly. My husband is a boob kind of guy so I feel bad for what he will lose but I am tired of carrying these things around. I can only do it now if the insurance pays for it though. Approval was denied and denied on appeal although I was told that it should be covered in my case. I never where t shirts that cling because I feel like my chest enters the room 5 minutes before I do.

I do have a great surgeon and want to do it ASAP. Of course most of my people told me they dont think it's "necessary". They don't have to live with them though

I definitely feel for you, my sister is about that same size and she has so much back trouble. plus she is really short and shes had them since sixth grade, (of course all the boys loved it). she would so have the surgery plus. it seems that it would be necessary for you to have it with the pain.

I am so happy to say that the insurance finally got sick of me and approved my boob job. I am scheduled for it for July 31. My only hesitation is that I have a big family function on Aug. 11 and I really need to be back in the swing of things by then. I would have done it afterward but the next available date is for aug. 29 and there is no way I was going to put it off for that much longer. Did I set myself up for a disaster with the timing???

:help: I am a 42 D now....and since my band surgery in April 2005, My nipples are ALWAYS erect.....I work in a middle school, and had one of the kids say to me....it's a bit Nipply huh miss.....I almost died.

I have bought those little patch things that go on your nips, but they are uncomfortable.Any suggestions before school starts again.

I wounldnt mind it if I was 25 years old, but hell, I am an old broad.

Hubby laughs cuz I get upset about it.....:)

Hey there,

How about wearing looser clothing? If Iwere you I would wait until I was within 30lbs of my goal to do any surgery. I am going under the knife next week and although I am excited about it; surgery is surgery and is not without its risks.

i wear padded bras so that no can tell when it is a bit nipply

as for the function less than 2 weeks out...just be really really careful. I was sore for at least a month. Lots of pain, and really bruised still at the 11 day mark. luckily, the drugs i was given made the first week a blur.

Hi, Although this is barely relevant....................The strangest thing has happened to my boobs since I had this surgery.............................................................................IVE GAINED A CUP SIZE!!!!!!! I went from a B to a C!!!!!! This was so strange to me....................BUT I LIKE IT!LOL

Jodie,

Did your band size go down? I found out a while back that cup sizes are not constant. I was a comfortable 42dd before surgery, and now I'm a 38 dd/ddd depending on the bra. Some DD's I just spill out of, and some DDD's I'm swimmin' in. a C cup in a 38 band is bigger than a C cup in a 36 band, etc.

No not really, Im still wearing a 36C, where as I was in a 36B, but I think that taking the Vitamins and eating correctly really surged my hormones so that I would fill out correctly. I think the shape of the cup really has a lot to do with the sizing also, MOST of the DD and DDD bras have a fuller coverage (longer cups that continue and then fade into the straps) so that may be whats going on there, I REALLY like to watch the OPRAH episode where she does the bra sizing, I suggest buying bras from Fredricks or Victoria's Secret or some other lingerie store (thats all we have here) and trying to stick to buying them from only the stores your sized at. I like Victoria's Secret the best though because they have SOOOOOOOOO many different types of bras, plus SUPER sales lol!

I am going to be banded on August 1st. Right now I am a 44DD and I know years ago...when I was in my early 20's I wore a 36D or a 38C. Which I found out is the same. One might just fit better. I have heard of having a breast reduction with a small implant is better. Because of gravity they will fall again later...in 10 or so years after just a lift surgery. I know that after losing some weight I will miss my 44DD especially when the mass in them is gone and they are at my belly button. Has anyone had a lift with a small implant and how has that worked for you? Any suggestions? I do not mind going to a C cup at all I just want them to be full.

Man...... If you lose the sensation in your nipples from surgery, I am ALL FOR IT! I absolutely cringe when my dh touches my nipples. I have never likes it. If they are numb, he can strum those suckers like a banjo and I won;t care! WOO HOO!!! Where do I line up for the breast surgery?????

This is a great thread - thanks! I plan on having a lift/reduction after I get banded and lose at least 50% of the weight I want to lose. Right now I'm a 40DD but even when I was 80 pounds lighter I was a 38D. And after breastfeeding and age/gravity, it seems everything that has to do with sex is all in the same place!!

I'd like a B+ cup or a small C. I'm short and big boobs just look goofy on me, even with the extra weight.

I didn't have a reduction, but had a lift with implants....to those of you who have had or considering a reduction, it probably sounds crazy that somebody would actually want bigger boobs....but they are much lighter than the real thing....I went from a very saggy B to a full D. The implants are under 2 lbs each.

With the lift there was some chance of losing sensitivity of the nipples, but mine are actually more sensitive, the only complaint I have is where the scar is on the breast there is no sensation at all....so if it feels like I have an itch, no use in itching it because I can't feel it anyway.

I'll tell ya, that's never been a favorite spot of mine, anyway. I think it gets the guys more excited than the girls. So when I have my enlargement in March, I'm not too worried about losing sensation. It's always kinda hurt when they get touched anyway.