Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want To Start Trying For A Baby, But Scared! :(

Im fairly new to the site but so far I've read some great things that have helped me through this difficult time with my band. I was banded May 2011 and I'm down 50lbs. I suffered a minor setback here is May with my asthma flared up. I haven't had an asthma attach in 10 years but the heat and humidity got the best of me this year. At that time I believe I was very close to my sweet spot and I had 6cc in a 10cc band. I was also 11 lbs away from being out of the dreadfull 200lb range. Needless to say I was thrillled. Howver, I had to get 1cc taken out of my band as I was unable to eat, drink, and began to experience nigh-coughs and frequent PB. I'm working slowly to get back to the sweet spot and I'm back at 6.15cc in my band and 22 lbs away for being out of the 200's. I'm 27 years old and my hubby and I have been married for 2 years but been together for 7. We have always wanted chidren and especially since I'm 15 months post op and in great health we want to start trying. However, I'm a nervous wreck! This would be my first pregnancy and I feel like I'm not "normal" because of my band. The incident in May really impacted me and since I'm not out if the 200's I'm worried. Though I know I'm healthy being under 200 lbs before I got pregnnat was important to me. Now it seems that may not happen. I'm a very sensitive band patient. My fills are only .5cc at a time. 1cc made me ill and I couldn't breathe. I'm just looking to get some real feedback from women who were over 200lbs while pregnant with the band. Did you have to get Fluid taken out? Were there complications? i just don't want to keep putting a family on hold for numbers. Thanks!

I am currently 295 and pregnant. I have had 2 miscarriages I do not believe that it was related to my weight or band. The first time I was pregnant I had 2 ccs taken out because I wad struggling to eat all my Protein and veggies so I figured it best to remove the saline and eat right for the baby. Bit my doc said as long as you are consuming th needed amount of Vitamins, Water, protien, and nutients you and your bany need there is no need to remove any Fluid.< /p>

I also had my 2 previous children in the 209's without the band and now I'm pregnant again and still in the 200's. I was just banded on may 31, 2012. Lost 27lbs and all the weight loss stopped when I became pregnant. I never even got my 1st fiill.

I have a friend who had the band about 5 years ago. She was pregnant with twins (and lost one) and has a baby girl. She got back to pre-pregnancy weight and is now 32 weeks pregnant with triplets. She had her band emptied but has maintained a healthy weight. It can be done and eating healthy for the baby will be great motivation to not forget what your personal goals are. Good luck!

I was 224 when I got pregnant. I have 10cc's in a 14 cc band and nothing was removed. I was completely unable to conceive before and this has been a fantastic pregnancy. If its time nothing will stop it! Be sure to eat well, chew, chew, chew and you should be fine. I didnt have morning sickness so I felt no need to have anything removed. Dont feel weird because you have the band. My Dr has several patients that have it and not one time did I feel weird about having it. Only strange thing is that as I got bigger the port can get sore but nothing horrible. Im just over 39 weeks and dont regret any part of the band or pregnancy. Best of luck.

I had 2ccs in my band (I'm not actually sure what the capacity of my band is, to be honest) and I had them taken out when I got pregnant. I had lost 100 lbs with the band before getting pregnant. They took out the Fluid because my doctor was concerned about band slippage with nausea (which I did have a lot of, and gas pains. I had a couple of all night barf parties, but my band has been okay), and they wanted me to be able to have enough nutrition while pregnant and breastfeeding. I'm not sure still when I'll get another fill. I need to talk to the doctor. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, by the way.

I got pregnant before the band at 220+ and delivered at 298, I gained quickly at the end due to preeclampsia. I am currently 191 and we are wanting to get pregnant again. I am down 62 lbs since my band (6/12/12). I am nervous to get pregnant since I am not at goal but we dont want to wait to much longer as we want the kids closer together and we plan to have 2 more kids. Im really scared to get pregnant and have to remove fluids. I didnt get to sick with my 1st pregnancy, hopefully I dont with #2 and can leave my fluids in. I have free fills until June but if its removed I will have to start over again with self pay, boo!

Up-date: My son was born healthy on Sept 1st!! I had a fantastic pregnancy and delivery. Today I am 11 weeks post baby and everything is great. I gained a total of 30lbs and have lost that plus an additional 18lbs.

I think u should start ttc! Don't wait longer if u want to start ur lil family now. As far as the weight loss, I don't think u should wait either because who knows how much u will gain or loose during pregnancy. I started at 185 and ended my pregnancy at 225(no problems eating!!), I haven't weighed myself since because its only been a week, I will on Monday at my drs app though. I did not get an adjustment during pregnancy and I currently have around 6cc in my 10cc band. I am having a lil trouble eating since delivery but nothing that won't get fixed with a lil adjustment.