Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Husband Is So Supportive, But.....

Husband is so supportive but he refuses to give into letting his eating habits change.

That part does not bother me in one bit shape or form.

This is what bothers me:

When we go shopping I buy healthy foods/snacks for me to eat. I ask him if he wants some and he tells me no, he will get his later. So he commences to buy little Debbie cakes all kind of Cookies and all things bad!

Again it really don't bother me because I have some willpower.

After we get home, that night he will bring out one of my Snacks and eat it in front of me. I hate to confront him with it being he is the only one bring income into the house but this goes on for a couple of days until all my snacks are completely gone. Then he starts eating his food/snacks! The biggest issue is..... we don't have the extra funds to go buy me nutritional snack/food after the first ones are gone. So I have to then sit and watch him eat his while I have nothing. At that point I sometimes lose my willpower for a little bit. I gets so frustrating. I have told him that I would buy good foods for his snacks instead of the cookies and he said no he has to have his cookies and junk food.

He is one of my best cheerleaders for this journey. He has never even suggested one negative comment. In fact he did more research on getting the lapband than I did and was excited to share everything with me!

How can I get him to understand that I need my healthy items and if he wants it too then he cannot have his junk food. Does anyone have any advice?

Please help,

Thanks,

Carla

weight.png

I was just wondering if you could read that post to him or tell him exactly like you told us? How would that go over? You sounded so diplomatic and your reasoning seems sound. Would he take it well? I think talking it out is the best way you could do it IF he'd listen...

Calmly tell him what you're going through and if he loves you he'll make some adjustments.

tmf

I would be gently and respectfully honest. Tell him you are so grateful for all his support, but it's really crucial you have healthy foods so you're not forced to eat things that will hinder your weight loss journey.

I would even go one step further and suggest buying double the healthy Snacks and omitting his unhealthy Snacks being as he seems to like yours anyway.

the other posters are correct. he does sound supportive (somewhat)

but here is my take and i speak for me only--just because he buys little debbie (who i adore) does not mean we have to eat them.. sure its a def temptation but just dont eat it.

if he started eating your Snacks, ask him why? hopefully he will see it bothers you and stop.

i think that because i am changing what/how i eat, i cannot force it on my hub or family. hub does not like all the veggies i eat and i wont ask him to stop buying potato chips/snacks that he likes. we are both adults. i cannot tell someone not to ever eat at mcdonalds just because i am trying to lose weight for me. i wouldnt want them telling me not too if the situation was reveresed.

def a quandry darling. i am sorry you are in it. :(

just rise above his eating and be the better/stronger person.

one or two bites of something wont banish you from the lap band kingdom.

oh, and you wrote you have (some willpower)

please change that to WANT POWER girlfriend. you are

way stronger than you think :)

:rolleyes:

Aounds like hubby did all the homwork on how the band works, but didn't think about how YOU work. Obviously he loves you, just get up the nerve to tell him "Hands off my snacks!"Speak up for yourself.

I like what fericito said.

Sorry...that's got to be tough! My husband is dieting too right alon with me and it is so much easier! I have not got the willpower...if it is in my house, I will eat it!

I would probably try a teasing attempt first.....

When he has moved onto his little debbies, look at him with puppy do eyes, and wipe your mouth like you are drooling....."sure wish you had a snack that you could eat".

Or when you are buying healthy, try doubling up??

Maybe he didn't consider your healthy Snacks as Snacks? ?? Does he realize that what he is eating is your budgeted snack?

Good luck!!!