Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Wheetsin, I'm 6'1".

Actually, I've been donating all my old clothes to a local charity. It helps folks, and I get a tax deduction for what I think the clothes were worth. A win-win.

Daiseybelle: Do what you did just after being banded, TAKE CHARGE and you go girl. The only way to keep it off is to work on it daily and hit each daily goal with a shout of joy and continue on.................

Good morning everyone,

I have been out of touch for a few days. I had a virus and was out of work last week. Feeling better now though. Even with that, I have not lost any weight in the past two weeks!! I go for my first fill on Thursday and I'm sure I'll start losing again, hopefully. I'm just trying to hang in till then.. Wishing everyone a very happy and successful week.. love ya!

This is a great thread! I just happened to notice it. I've been around on this forum for a long time so many of you know me but many of you don't as well. All my band related information is in my signature but I started my journey at with a BMI of 62 (I think-can't remember off the top of my head anymore) and felt like I was one of the only hefties around here at the time. I would have loved a thread like this. This past year my band weightloss has been at a standstill but I need to make some life adjustments and get back on track. I just had my first endo a couple of weeks ago and it looked good so now I have no more excuses... MUST GET BACK ON BAND WAGON, MUST GET BACK ON BAND WAGON... I have to keep repeating that to myself. I can eat child size portions on a small plate but nothing more. I have considered getting another fill but I just don't think the fill is the answer. I get stuck and PB too easily and I would just get myself in trouble, also during the endo they found I had a bit of esophagitis so I wouldn't want to do anything to irritate that any further either. I am on protonix for that for now. I really just need to get that initial zest I had the first year out. I'm happy I haven't gained this past year but really need to see the numbers drop again. Anyway way off topic but I was thrilled to see this thread, Teresa

Moonshadow Girl you obviously need some pictures of yourself. From 428 to 296...HELLO that's not whistling dixie. You need to go put on something you use to wear and take a picture and then go put on the new size and take a picture. You can't see because mind is remembering what it use to be like.

Seminole,

5 days a week on the recumbent bike, 30-45 minutes, depending on the program... hills and all... ouch.

Weights 4 days a week, mostly for toning. I'm trying not to add too much bulky muscle mass.

Hey guys! The curse has ended! My scales are not stuck! :ban:

After 2 1/2 weeks of no movement, I lost ONE WHOLE POUND today!

Sounds small, but it makes me feel good again. Thanks for all your encouragement.

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Speaking of exercise, what do you guys do?

We recently joined a different gym and switched workout routines. I went from 100% cardio to 75% cardio 25% weights (for toning, not bulk). I do 45 mins on the treadmill, average speed of 3 MPH at 50% incline. Follow this with 5 weight stations - arms, back, legs... surgeon hasn't cleared me for abs yet. That's M, W and F. Saturday and Sunday are off days. T & Th I'm going to start going to the gym during the workday to get an hour or so of laps in the pool - right now I walk a natural trail right outside my office building, but it will soon be too hot for that.

I tried the elliptical lastnight but I hated it. It feels like I can't straighten my legs out and that really bugs me. Also tried the stationary bike but the seat hurt my butt - too much weight on such a small area still. :ban:

Big Paul.

Your program seems to be working find and since I have the recumbent bike I will get it up and running. I think I will buy a small amout of weights for my house. Paul how are your meals going? I do not know how much longer you can keep the Big Paul name...

I do all the cooking in my house, so I can easily control the fat and calorie content of the food. For the most part, I just make regular meals, and eat my portion on a saucer, not a regular plate. We joke now that my 4 year old eats a bigger dinner than I do! It's true!

I try to keep to good fats, like olive oil for cooking (if I add any fat at all). Lots of fresh veggies and lean meats, and healthy carbs like potatoes with the skin, brown rice and Dreamfields lower carb Pasta. I eat the Protein first, then the veggies, then with whatever appetite I have left, I eat the carbs.

I eat 3 meals a day, oatmeal for Breakfast (with 2 spoons of Flaxmeal added for Fiber and good oils), on the weekend it is scrambled eggbeaters. About 100-150 calories.

lunch varies from 110-220 calories, usually leftovers (I bought some small containers that only hold 3/4 of a cup, and are microwavable, so it is easy to put a bandster portion in one).

dinner is whatever the family is having, between 300-400 calories.

In the evening I have a snack, between 60-100 calories (a sugar-free pudding, 8 mini rice cakes, a couple pretzel rods, or a square of cheese)

That's about it.

Xann77, i hope to get banded w/dr rumbaut. any info on your experience

is greatly appreciated. info about hospital,hotel, dr. r--thanks

Ladies, what sizes are you guys in now? I'm a tight 26 but a loose 28, which means I will have 28s & higher that I need to get rid of soon. I'm really really hoping to be comfortably in these 26s by mid-May. Are any of you at or near 28, 30, 32? Most of what I have comes from LB (30/32 comes from Avenue or Catherine's). I'll have a ton of nice businesswear (slacks, twinsets, cashmere sweaters, etc.) and some casualwear - mostly jeans... many of which I've never even worn or have only worn once or twice... and maybe even a piece or two of formalwear... leather jackets, coats...

Maybe I'll build a clothing swap website we can all use... hmm...

BTW Theresa - I noticed the blank spot next to "4/4/06" on your weightloss tracking -- how did you do?