Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Good for you Funny :confused:

I know you can do it!

My scale still reads error, and I won't be driving all the way to my surgeons office just to weigh in. An hour drive and $15 in gas just isn't worth it. So until my scale reads an actual weight my ticker will remain stationary. I am kicking it up though, gonna start a little exersise this week and gonna make sure i get at least 500 calories. I think I may be in starvation mode. Here we go :)

Go FunnyDuddies...Go FunnyDuddies that is great.

Waterlily1072 I don't blame you with these gas prices. Think about when you get on the scale and it does move.....oh my goodness you won't have to post it, we all will here you shouting for joy......just don't get on the scale 2 in the morning ok....:)

Howdy All!

My BMI has ranged, depending on who did it, from 52 to 54. I am 6'1", 395# and look to loose 228lbs per surgeon's nurse.

I am still pending banding, but I should be ok to have it done. It should be done in May, 2006. That is a great month and look forward to it.

Ron

In the last... I'm going to guess 5 weeks my scale has moved 5 lbs, and then by 2 lbs, but the 2 lbs comes and goes. Sometimes the 5 lbs comes and goes. *sigh* The 5lbs came all at once, and not a peep since.

I'm going to drive to my surgeon's today and see what their scale says. I'm also going to see if I can schedule another fill.

I'm glad to have lost what I did up front, but it is getting harder & harder to not see a whole lot of anything happening.

I do understand Wheetsin...you are doing a great job just keep reading the post on LBT. They can really be insprational and help you to stay motivated. We know keep your calories at 1200 and under help and keep moving. Walking is a great exercise or just move your body:bananajump: everyday and increase your activity every week.

Your scale is not going to move every week but remember that inces will be melting off your entire body. I didn't realize how much fat I was carrying on my back alone. First you see it in your face, your neck, your boobs drop because your stomach is shrinking and is no longer there to hold it up:eek: . Wooohooooo the joy of losing weight. Keep it up girl:clap2: :clap2:

wow, its a hard thing to read some of these. Prebanded I was 411, prediet I was 384 and now I am on the track to loose until I reach the terminal. I want to encourage you all to have faith and hang in there

scale still reads error, I think I am about 13 lbs away as of 3 days ago. This is so frustrating. I didn't get the big loss that so many get right after surgery :Banane56: I just want to lose some of this to see that it is working. Meanwhile my swelling is going down so I am starting to experience hunger. Looks like I will need a fill at the 6 week mark. I know I am just starting out on this journey but it feels like it has been forever, or at least since the first kid in school called me fat, like 25 years ago. That is a long time to struggle with weight, and now that I have the answer I feel like I am losing all patience and that my emotional stability is all tied up in losing this weight. Some complain that their husbands don't compliment them, well it is just as painful for me when mine swears I am shrinking and I know I'm not yet.

Stopped by the surgeon's today. scale showed total 33 lbs. down since consultation (late Jan) and 45 down since day of surgery (March 1). That's really strange because my PCP's scale shows about 44 lbs. down since consultation and 55 lbs. down since surgery. I didn't use my home scale on consultation, but home scale shows a loss of almost 60 lbs since day of surgery.

*shrug*

I give up. No more scale. Sizes only from here on out. :(

I also have a fill appt. for next Friday. This will be my second fill. Right now I'm at 1 cc and able to eat more than I should... it's 100% willpower right now (which scares me)

You are doing gret Wheetsin! No matter what the different scales say. Fact is you have lost a lot of excess weight! I hope I can do as well. As for willpower that is what we are here for, to keep you motivated. One thing that has helped me is this statement...

Commitment is more powerful than willpower

Good luck, we're here for you if you need us :(

Some complain that their husbands don't compliment them, well it is just as painful for me when mine swears I am shrinking and I know I'm not yet.

Waterlilly be thankful. There is nothing wrong with positive reinforcement, he just loves you :hug: and wants to see you succeed. Other people will see the changes before you do. It shows in the face, your belly drops a bit thereore the boobs sitting on top of it begin to drop:nervous . LOL

Hi everyone,

I am 5 weeks post op today and down 34lbs (15kg). I started at 375lbs and was my heaviest ever. I dont have a final goal right now, just working to get rid of that pesky 3.. at the beginning!

I'm doing OK with the eating 'thing' and am on 1st fill but still dont feel any restriction, but getting my Protein in is a problem. We have some ready made shakes here in Greece but they are yukky to me! I'm eating ground meat and fish and a little eggs and cheese but dont know if it's enough.

My exercise has been walking - I was sooooooo unfit :phanvan I am building it up slowly and have gone from 10mins to 12...my back aches very much after this..but...I am walking quicker and covering a bigger distance in the same time, so this is good.

All I want is with me trying, the weight to keep going down a little at time...

welcome alison! Can't wait to be banded right along with ya! You have lost a great amount of weight! Great job!

Molly, with all of the pain and suffering you are dealing with not being able to read what the scale says, just think of how amazing you are going to feel the first time that scale does not read Error!! ;) You are going to just die from happiness! :)

Welcome alison ;) and grats!

~~~~~

your belly drops a bit thereore the boobs sitting on top of it begin to drop

Teresita you changed your name!, but I had to tell you, this is why my husband must notice, lol, he will always notice my boobs.