Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Ladies, what sizes are you guys in now? I'm a tight 26 but a loose 28, which means I will have 28s & higher that I need to get rid of soon. I'm really really hoping to be comfortably in these 26s by mid-May. Are any of you at or near 28, 30, 32? Most of what I have comes from LB (30/32 comes from Avenue or Catherine's). I'll have a ton of nice businesswear (slacks, twinsets, cashmere sweaters, etc.) and some casualwear - mostly jeans... many of which I've never even worn or have only worn once or twice... and maybe even a piece or two of formalwear... leather jackets, coats...

Maybe I'll build a clothing swap website we can all use... hmm...

I am still in a loose 32/tight 30. i can actually fit into my 28's, but it is uncomfortable.

Thank you for noticing .....I only lost 1/4 so the numbers won't change this week. I'm ok with it because I understand how I did it.

I wear a 32 and my clothes are really loose. I have actually gone to the Avenue lately a few times with the intent of finding out if my size has changed.:cry But I get scared and refuse to try anything on. I will look at things or hold them up and my mind is saying there is no way you can fit that. At least twice a week I say I am going to Catherines to try things on and then again I won't do it. I am just scared :omg: my size has not changed.....

I used to wear a size 28. I went to lane Bryant in the mall and tried on a 28. I was unable to keep it on it fell to the floor like a lead weight. I am happy to say I am now in 18's. We have a local clothes swap about every three months here in Reno. We coordinate them with our support group meetings. It is open to people who have surgery dates as well as those who are post op. ANd we also invite other weightloss surgery surpport groups to participate with us. It usually goes over very well. I love how I keep getting free clothes. ANd ALL of them are CUTE clothes!!

Kepp up the good work and go to the store and try on your beggining size...you just may surprise yourself.

Well I guess I'm joining this group, hehe. I get banded in about 36 hours. Yes the countdown is in hours. I am looking forward to the day when my scale stops reading err, but I refuse to buy a new scale! I figure I am about 20 lbs away from the scale working for me again, so I will bide my time.

Molly

Well I guess I'm joining this group, hehe. I get banded in about 36 hours. Yes the countdown is in hours. I am looking forward to the day when my scale stops reading err, but I refuse to buy a new scale! I figure I am about 20 lbs away from the scale working for me again, so I will bide my time.

Molly

Oh WOW congratulations.....you will be on that scale in no time.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

How do you guys lose? I'm a "chunky" loser (in more ways than one!) - so I may go a week with nothing, and then lose 8# overnight. Others will lose more consistently - a pound or two a day. How 'bout you?

I'm glad to see that there are "others" like me here. My all time high was 440 pounds. When I saw the surgeon for the first time in mid-December, 2005, I was 351 with a BMI of 64. I went into surgery on 3/30/06 at a weight of 333.6 with a BMI of 60 (5' 2.5"). This Friday, 4/14/06, I have my 2 week post-op appointment and weigh-in.

I'm looking forward to starting the soft diet on Thursday and plan to ask when I will get my first fill. For the first 5 days after surgery I could barely get in all the fluids because I felt so full. As the swelling went down, the restricted feeling ended so that now I only know I have a band because I see the incisions and feel sore @ the port area. I really was under the impression that just being banded created a feeling of fullness and am surprised that mine doesn't. Until I get a fill, I am trying to ignore cravings and stick to the diet.

I just had my surgery on Thursday 4/6/06. I am not feeling so great. I have never done this blog thingy before. I hope I am doing it right...I wanted to ask for some feedback.

I have been feeling nauseated, weak and having a hard time getting my Protein Shakes, Water, etc all in for the correct servings. I am freakin hungry too! Can anybody releate, am I normal or has anyone been here?

ajenkins07,

As far as I can tell you are normal ;) I was told that after the swelling went down that I would not feel restriction (especially since I would be on liquids and then soft mushy foods that would go right through) and that I would be hungry. As for feeling crummy, you just had surgery, relax and let yourself heal, do your best on the Water and Protein because blood sugar fluctiations can make you very nausiated as well as dehydration. Also, ask your doctor for some anti-nausia medicine. There is no need to be miserable. And good luck :D

How do you guys lose? I'm a "chunky" loser (in more ways than one!) - so I may go a week with nothing, and then lose 8# overnight. Others will lose more consistently - a pound or two a day. How 'bout you?

I seem to be a steady loser. I'm averaging 2.93 pounds per week since banding. Here's my weightloss record:

12-22-05 307 (start pre op diet)

1-09-06 291 (-16 in 17 days) (Band day)

----------------------------------------

1-16-06 287 (-4)

1-23-06 279 (-8)

1-30-06 277 (-2)

2-06-06 274 (-3)

2-13-06 272 (-2)

2-20-06 268 (-4)

2-26-06 265 (-3)

3-05-06 264 (-1)

----------------- (switching weigh in to wednesdays)

3-08-06 265 (+1) (only 3 days after last weigh in)

3-15-06 260 (-5)

3-22-06 258 (-2)

3-29-06 255 (-3) Over 50 pounds gone!

----------------- (switching weigh in to sundays again)

4-02-06 254 (-1) (only 4 days after last weigh in)

4-09-06 250 (-4)

ajenkins07 - Oh yeah, I can relate! It was very hard to get in enough "food" in those first few days. Just sip tiny sips and keep some form of liquid by you at all times. You're not on an eating schedule yet so don't worry about how often you need to eat. Just follow your body's cues and keep yourself hydrated.

Waterlily is correct. The only restriction you'll have until your first fill will be from swelling. The more that goes down, the more hunger you will feel. Check out the food forum for lots of great threads filled with ideas about different ways to get enough calories and Protein while sticking to your prescribed diet of liquids and mushies. And be patient. This is the time for healing. Take it slowly. Each day will get better and you'll be able to drink more at a time.

I lost 2 pounds and now at 401....yeahhhhhhhhhhh. :clap2: I want to be the biggest loser!!!!!!! 68 pounds gone forever....I like the sounds of that. Have you ever seen someone happy about weighing 401 pounds. LOL:pound:

Hey Teresa! You're almost a THREE-bie! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

How totally awesome is that! :wow2: Congratulations. You'll be there in no time at all!

Way to go! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: