Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Yrs....160 Lbs Less Of Me!

I'd be a blatant liar to say having the band done wasn't the most frustrating adjustment to make in my life, but I can honestly say food No longer consumes my life. I often think of the days when I lived to eat. And obviously Not healthy! pizza, pffft I could put away a small pie by myself! McDonald's cheeseburgers, 10 on a Friday after drinking! Now, if I think of McDonald's, my stomach gets qwezy! Funny how things that were staples of my diet have all but vanished, bread as you all know or will soon learn is now my arch Nemesis.. greens like string Beans & lettuce clog me like a hairball in fluffy. I'll also admit I never delt with a nutritionist, I have issues with word No, I don't accept it. I basically learned by trial and error... more errors we're encountered but obviously I did something right to drop 160 lbs. My band is an 11 CC I am at 9.5 and have been for over 1 yr. I No longer go for adjustments. Happy with my abilities of consumption. Oh, those of you who are still in early stages, you may discover your appetite less during summer it's normal, it's your stomach adjusting to climate. Open to opinions and feedback

Congrats, we all love a success story!

How long out were you before you stopped obsessing about your band?

tmf

Wowwwwww Congrats!

Sent from my DROID RZR Maxx using LapBandTalk

That is a lot of weight to lose. And to think many doctors tell their patients the band won't help with big time weight loss.

That is a lot of weight to lose. And to think many doctors tell their patients the band won't help with big time weight loss.

And many doctors are wrong :) :)

It is coming to light that one of the biggest problems with the band is age, the older we are evidently the more we are able to commit ourselves to making the band work .. who knows there is exceptions to every rule and every average ...

Grats Steve awesome job on the weight loss.

BRAVO!!!!

Awesome job Steve, love a sucess story.

Terrific!!

And many doctors are wrong :) :)

It is coming to light that one of the biggest problems with the band is age, the older we are evidently the more we are able to commit ourselves to making the band work .. who knows there is exceptions to every rule and every average ...

Grats Steve awesome job on the weight loss.

Am glad i am older then ha.

Sounds pretty silly that most doctors tell patients the band won't help in loss of major weight! Why do you try to convince people to have surgery done???

This is a Great story for me to read on a Monday morning getting ready for work. A bright beginning for all Banders. Steve, you have truly done an outstanding job with the Band.

May God Bless you and thank you for sharing this wonderful adventure in your life.

Yes, thanks for sharing and giving us newbies hope!

Everyone should be proud of themselves!!!! YOU ALL have made the 1st step in changing your life! This is much more than a weight loss proceedure its a life changing one! As I read the reply posts and see the progress of many i must say i am proud of you all!!! I did'nt seek the help or advise of others, I am a Maverick, I don't like to hear i can't do this or that no to means Do it! My personal opinion of the nutricians led me to discover my own way of eating healthy. I was never one for Veggies, Fish only eat chicken off bone Loved red meat Pasta bread pizza all the bad stuff.. I discoverdd a way to still eat the things i loved to eat but modifed them to live to eat, not live to eat! in time you'll be happy with two or three bites of a slice of pizza or of a buger so it may be minus the bun , try just one slice of a bun, if those of you who love to cook for yourself or for others, get creative! many of your favorites from resturants can be easily made at home and converted to a suitable meal for yourselfs, please dont think its the end of enjoying food from now on. you still will just a whole lot less of it! Pizza is still a staple but i went from the thick sicilain slices i loved so much still do!!! too a ultimate super think crust extra crispy like a cracker, like i said some will see crunchy will work for you. Yes your going to find out the hard way Dumping !!!! I'll be 100% honest there are many times i will go out to eat and order a big portion and forget, you are never going to finish that take two bites and call it a day, other times devour it like i was never banded. Weather somehow has alot to do with your band the more hotter and humid it is out the less hungry you are,well in my case i discovered that. Bottom line is skinny or fat deep inside of us all will forever live that inner fat kid who wants to eat everything in sight! It's up to you to find a way to distract that kid! if you feel the need to eat drink Water, go for a walk, Me as time went bye and more errors in my trials of dumping my entire meal, I found it wasn't worth the time to shovel it down only to have to exit before I got a chance to tatste it. Yea i know your supose to chew your food 30 somthin times, ok i grew up in a house with two older Bros. If you didn't eat fast it was eaten for you ! so chewing was never an option! Again still forget at time 6 years later , i"ll admit the 80's did a # on the noggin and being a big guy that big & smart are not a combo that work well together! but you ALL can and will do this! If I can drop 160 lbs by being a maverick anyone can do it! And most important of all is that your doing this for yourself!!!!! not for your husband, wife or kids , for YOU!!!!!