Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Sell Yourself Short - How Much Have You Really Lost

Starting weight 384 lb

Current weight 307 lb

Total lost 77 lb

Percentage of weight lost 20%

Still a work in progress. ;) I'm am starting over. At one point I was down to 284 which was 26%.

I've lost 6% TOTAL weight ... and 25% of the total weight that I want to lose. 4 months post op

Starting weight 384 lb

Current weight 307 lb

Total lost 77 lb

Percentage of weight lost 20%

Still a work in progress. ;) I'm am starting over. At one point I was down to 284 which was 26%.

I to was down to 284 .. Jumped up to 307 and now back at 291 june was a crazy month for me

There is a difference between total body weight lost and excess weight lost. I have lost a total of 36.6% of my body weight from all time hight to current weight. From all time high to current weight I have lost 113% of my excess body weight based on reaching a BMI of less than 25.
Cocoabean, I would think that the value should be a percentage of your excess weight rather than your total weight. I came up with my value by dividing what I have lost by the total amount that I needed to lose in the first place. You have really done well, by the way!

Geology Rocks..not being a statistician, I am not sure what you mean, but when I redid my total loss, I came up with 35.5%...which is what Elcee asked for originally 77 pounds lost divided by 217 starting weight. The other number..well, To get to a normal BMI I needed to get to 149 lbs. I am less than that now...so I have lost in excess, or more than 100% of the excess I had to lose. I need to lose 68 lbs to get to normal, I have lost 77. I divide 77 by 68 and got 113% of my excess weight lost..

Am I incorrect?

Only 19.5 here. :(

Not only - every loss counts. My mom reminded me today that losing as little as 5% of your body weight has health benefits. Think of it as 19.5% so far :)

10%

Starting weight 250.5

Current weight 219.5

Loss/starting weight = 31/250.5 = 12.4%

Loss/desired loss = 31/100 = 31%

Banded May 29, 2012 (5.5 weeks)

I kind of like the second way better because I know eventually I will reach 100%. Both ways are informative...but something about 100% keeps me focused and motivated :-)

As I begin my journey again this is a great way to look at steps along the way. Thanks

31% and still going :)

33.17 and still shrinking!

33.17% and still shrinking, sorry forgot the percentage sign! Congrats everyone!

Banded 6/15, down 10%

Weight as of 5/28 is 210

Date of the surgery: 205

Current weight: 190

1st fill will be 7/19

I feel a little restriction

My goal is 130

41%

Geology Rocks..not being a statistician, I am not sure what you mean, but when I redid my total loss, I came up with 35.5%...which is what Elcee asked for originally 77 pounds lost divided by 217 starting weight. The other number..well, To get to a normal BMI I needed to get to 149 lbs. I am less than that now...so I have lost in excess, or more than 100% of the excess I had to lose. I need to lose 68 lbs to get to normal, I have lost 77. I divide 77 by 68 and got 113% of my excess weight lost..

Am I incorrect?

If you had 100 pounds to lose and you lost 80 of those 100 pounds, then you would have lost 80% of your excess weight. In short, take the weight you have lost and divide that number by the total amount of weight that you have/ had to lose. If you have lost more than what you set out to lose, then you have lost more than 100% of your excess weight. Does this help? ;-P