Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Post Opp And In Pain

Right now if someone asked me if i regretted my decision to do the lap band, it would be hell yes. I know I am only saying this because I am in so much pain and basically don't know what to do with myself. If I walk around Im in pain, if i lie down im in pain, My back kills my stiches feel like they are going to rip apart and all I can do is yell at myself why. I am just praying this gets better. I know I am only two days out (surgery was on June 13 2012) but all I feel is that I am a burden on everyone around me. Which makes me miserable. I am in India with relatives which is where I got my surgery done, and all I wish was that I was in my own home in Boston, MA.

And to make it even better, my doc decided to go all homeopathic and doesnt want to give me pain meds, or even OTC meds such as gas-x. I know he knows better, but I wish there was something for this pain. I don't even think they have liquid tylenol here. ugh.

It gets easier. Trust me the more you walk the better you will feel.

No pain meds. What a sick man. Don't know how your doing it. But, It will get better I promice.I really regreted surgery for about 3-4 days when I had mine. Was mad at myself, kept thinking, " I'm so stupid, I did this to myself." but it will get better.

Right now if someone asked me if i regretted my decision to do the lap band, it would be hell yes. I know I am only saying this because I am in so much pain and basically don't know what to do with myself. If I walk around Im in pain, if i lie down im in pain, My back kills my stiches feel like they are going to rip apart and all I can do is yell at myself why. I am just praying this gets better. I know I am only two days out (surgery was on June 13 2012) but all I feel is that I am a burden on everyone around me. Which makes me miserable. I am in India with relatives which is where I got my surgery done, and all I wish was that I was in my own home in Boston, MA.

And to make it even better, my doc decided to go all homeopathic and doesnt want to give me pain meds, or even OTC meds such as gas-x. I know he knows better, but I wish there was something for this pain. I don't even think they have liquid tylenol here. ugh.

you are a long way away from your home to be having surgery. What made you have it done there?? Thats rough you are having so much pain. i never used many pain killers at all when i came home. Is there something you can use that you just dissolve in Water??

Ouch.... if it makes you feel any better I know I stopped my pain meds ( narcotics) three days after surgery and then went only with Tylenol. I took my last dose at 5 days post op and now just deal with the occasional pain. It will get better and you will get encouraged when you see the scale going down. Can you use a hot or warm compress on your abdomen?

I guess I can try a hot compress on my abdomen. He has me on a cream called Volini? It cools down the stitches, suppose to help with the soreness and pain around them i guess.

Judych, I did it in India because I am self pay and I couldnt afford it in the US. I could have probably done it in Mexico, but atleast here I have family. I think I am paranoid with walking because it hurts and I am afraid that my stitches will come undone. But I forced myself to walk as much as possible.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

My doc said i could crush Tylenol and put it in very little apple sauce and take it that way and have a drink to flush it down good luck!

Oh, I understand your buyers remorse! I still have some remorse (surgery was June 8). It will get easier, I promise! My second full day post op was the hardest. However, I could not have recovered without pain meds! Can you explain to your doctor that your pain levels are high? I'm a firm believer in adequate pain control so your body has energy to heal the surgery, not the pain. Good luck - it will get better!

Oops, autocorrect! My surgery was June 8.

just took a nice hot shower and it felt amazing, even in the hot weather of India. I have sent my mom on a search for liquid pain killers. In the mean time I am using a hot compress and its working amazing. Now if I only had a heated blanket lol. Thank you for your suggestions, if the pain hasn't settled some what by tomorrow then I will definitely talk to my doctor about it. He keeps saying it will get better with time, so lets hope its a little better by tomorrow. Thanks everyone :rolleyes:

did anyone else's doctor have them wear leg compressors to avoid dvt's and swelling?

Mine did! I wore them only while I was in the hospital

I was given liquid cherry flavored morphine upon discharge and used it every 3 hour for a couple days! The real pain for me was the gas pain in my shoulder!! Got to get up and walk so you can fart and get that gas out of you!

did anyone else's doctor have them wear leg compressors to avoid dvt's and swelling?

I work in a hospital on a bariatric floor and we require all abdominal surgery patients to wear them. not just bariatrics.

Ric, been walking around much more now, still not really passing gas though. Have diarrhea instead, :-/ would rather have that then be constipated, and doc said it was a good sign?