Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As of Thursday June 7th, I am officially banded! I am more than excited to start my journey & to rock it! I am on a liquid diet until this coming Thursday, after that puréed & if all goes well by the third week my soft Proteins such as fish. I'm super excited & today was easier than the first few. Anyone else a new bander, anyone had newbie suggestions? Can't wait to start talking to more like me...oxox!

Grats to you both, now comes the hard work, just do as your doctor advises u to do, be determined to make this work and move around as much as possible.. welcome to 'bandland '

I was banded on Thursday as well! The first couple days were very rough for me... Physically and emotionally, but I'm feeling significantly better today. Just some gas pains in my left shoulder. I have lost 9 pounds since my 2 day liquid pre op diet. So that's 9 pounds in 6 days:) I'm excited to see how much I lose tomorrow and see how I'm feeling. Good luck!

I was also banded on thursday. I am still in some pain but it is getting better. But my big worry is that I am starting to feel sick ( sore throat getting worse and pain in lungs when breathing) I called my lap band office and they just said to go see my primary dr. if it gets worse. I am wondering if anyone else got a little sick after surgery?

was banded w/hernia repair on the 6th. my left shoulder has been hurting bad. today is the best i have felt since surgery. struggling to get all my liquids and my Protein bullets down. it hurts to take a deep breath but maybe bc of hernia repair. glad to see that you all are fine and feeling better.

I had some pretty significant gas pains in my shoulders, however truth be told they did pass the more I moved. I am trying to stay strong with food, but lately have been chewing things & spitting them out. I know I need to stop that, I'm just so tired of liquids.

Nice to see many of us started this journey on the same day! Let's keep in touch :)

yes i am very hungry. havent ate any food for 3 weeks.

whatntype of food are you eating and spitting out?

I've considered chewing and spitting it out, too, so you aren't alone. 11 days post-op and did 7 days liquid pre-op. Can't wait for a little cube of cheese or something!!!

I hear you! I couldn't eat from Friday June 1st, having gotten stuck! then starting on Monday, June 4, I couldn't eat or drink. Even water! Egads! By the way, I was originally banded 6/15/09, 3 years ago and am at goal weight. Anyway, Tuesday night I call my doctor, he sends me to the ER, says I need fluids.

Long story...........they think my band slipped and was admitted to the hospital. My surgeon came by, got me into the ER at 11 the next morning, 06/06, Wednesday.

Turns out the band stayed in its stitched place, but all the PBing/vomiting I did on Thursday night being stuck caused my (lower) stomach to come up through the band. He fixed it, made sure all was okay and I'm starting the journey all over again.

It feels "new" except I have more knowledge this time. Ha! At least I'm ok with Protein shakes cuz 3 years ago I got too much of them! I'm on liquids for 2 weeks! Longer than last time, but probably cuz I need to heal my irritated stomach and esophagus. I was without food for a long time! And no liquids for 2.5 days And maybe that's why I was thankful for the liquids?

Much more gas pain in the shoulder and neck this time and the chest pain. Ouch! And nauseau! I'm not liking that part.

Horrible gas, and diarrhea. TMI sorry!

I want some cheese so badly! I see my doctor on Friday June 22.

I was also banded on thursday. I am still in some pain but it is getting better. But my big worry is that I am starting to feel sick ( sore throat getting worse and pain in lungs when breathing) I called my lap band office and they just said to go see my primary dr. if it gets worse. I am wondering if anyone else got a little sick after surgery?

Hi everyone and Sombra1718. I was banded last Friday and YES; my throat hurts!! I have asthma and reactive lung disease so my oxygen levels really desaturated during surgery. sugar free Popsicles and pain meds have helped. I'm now alternating OTC meds with the narcotics.

Sorry to ask such a personal question but have you guys had a bowel movement yet? With only liquids for a week, I'm not sure what to expect.

Also, I started the Calcium chews and those are a huge treat! Yesterday was the first day I started to feel hungry. The full liquids and high Protein have satiated my appetite.

Each day is better and better!!

I had surgery 6/7 and i moved my bowels on day three although i have ibs it wasnt as long as i thought!

I was banded on 6/6 and had my first bm today (small) I have to add that the day before my surgery I drank mag citrate to clean out my system (it worked) because I didn't want to worry about the possiblity of being constipated from the pain meds and having to push to hard too soon after surgery. I have also been on a clear liquid diet (one week post opt) so needless to say not much in my system. Honestly today was alright and I would suggest mag citrate the day before surgery to anyone

I was banded on the 5th and having a great week I'm so glad to be on the journey still learning how my band works haven't had very much hunger issues. I see the dr. On Thursday 8 days out and already lost about 9.5lbs post op 45 since my 1st consultation goal about 65more lbs having a blast. Returned to work Tuesday and I had let everyone already know what I was doing beforehand and have had so many people come up to me and telling me how they have seen such a change in my look. Isn't that cool?

Wow! What a great support network you have!

As far as BM goes, milk of magnesia works wonders!!