Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking To Form A "late June Bansters" Support Team. Want To Join?

I'm starting my pre-op diet tomorrow (6/7), band 2 weeks later (6/21). Anyone in a similar place? Want to form a team for support?

A few weeks post band we can join in with the current June Bandsters, but I thought it would be helpful to gather up a few of us who are later in June, and more in the same stage at this point.

What are your dates: Pre-o diet? Surgery?

What is your pre-op diet like and how is it going?

Are you telling anyone about your surgery?

Any thing else you'd like to share?

I would! Is it on the forum or on fb? I started preop diet yesterday (surgery 6/19) and i am STARVING! It is going to be a long few weeks. I have told some people, but I am not going to blab about it. I am afraid of yet another "diet" not working and I don't want people watching me like a hawk!

It's right here on the form. Right on this thread.

Oh, boy Shawna! I will definitely be following your progress and learning from you! I'm so afraid of being super hungry, and getting the shakes too. Please let me know if the huger gets any better. I'm kind of nervous about a big family dinner and a party at my house that both take place the first week of pre-op diet. I'm not telling anyone and don't know how I'll deal with those two events. Then I start teaching a new college class on week 2 of pre-op, and have another large party that week also. I'm quite concerned about the pre-op weeks and how I will be affected mentally and physically!

My surgery is the 18th. I started my preop yesterday. Supposed to be Phase I of South Beach, I almost wish I was doing the liquid Protein Drinks, then I wouldn't have to stress if I am eating the right stuff or too much. I have told obviously my close family and shared with some of my co-workers. I had to tell them, I am taking off an entire week during a busy time at work, so I needed their understanding for leaving them covering my responsibilities. I have been really excited about this until yesterday. I got the call from the surgery center with my exact time and now it feels real. My husband was banded a little over 3 years ago, so I have seen it all, but it just makes me nervous thnking about the surgery and stuff.

Hi Texas Mom,

I'm nervous too. 'I'm beginning to think that's normal. I'm also just ready to star losing weight! I've tried on my own for the past month, but all I am is hungry. That makes me eat! I'm curious, how has your husband's band experience been? What have you learned from going through it with him?

Count me in!

I start my Pre-op diet on Tuesday (June 12th). It's an Atkin's like diet I think. chicken, salad, fat-free deli meats, Protein shakes and bars, non-fatty fish like Tilapia and sole, water-soaked tuna etc.

My surgery is June 22nd at 7am so I need to be ther before 6:30am.

I told my husband, my parents, and my best friend (who is also banded). That's it. I don't people watching to see if I succeed and judging me.

I'm a little nervous but mostly excited. I'm not nervous about the surgery itself but about complications afterwards or me failing like I have every time before.

Hi Texas Mom,

I'm nervous too. 'I'm beginning to think that's normal. I'm also just ready to star losing weight! I've tried on my own for the past month, but all I am is hungry. That makes me eat! I'm curious, how has your husband's band experience been? What have you learned from going through it with him?

My husband's experience has been really good. He lost approximately 125lbs. He could lose about 25 more, but to be honest, he doesn't eat a lot, but he has fallen into not making smart choices. So, he hasn't gained any weight, but he hasn't lost that last 25 either. He has promised me that once I am banded, he will support me by eating what I eat and together we will make smart choices. One other issue that my husband has had is he has a bad back. His bulging disks have gotten much better, and his energy levels are way up, but he does still have knee issues (from football 35+ years ago) that don't allow him to exercise like he would like. He hasn't had a fill in over a year and is extremely happy where he is. I am hoping for that type of success as well.

Right smack in the middle of June (June 15th), so I thought maybe I could hang with the late June Bandsters. I started my pre-op diet on Monday, and like you, almost wish I was on Protein Shakes. I feel like I eat the same thing every.day. Ugh. But, I guess I shouldn't complain. Went to my pre-op appointment with my surgeon yesterday, and really liked him and his staff. Very comforting. I am getting excited to begin this new journey. I have told a few people, mostly family and a few close friends. Everyone is so excited for me to work hard and get back to the healthy girl I once was:)

I start my pre op diet June 11th Protein Shakes and liquids only my surgery is June 18th im not nervess about the surgery it self but the after surgery stuff, just hoping i dont have alot of complications, but im ready for it all., good luck everyone

I'm going to be banded on June 19th. Not nervous yet. Started the pre-op yesterday. Today I am hungry and very very tired. I also have a headache. I had to get a cpap machine and quite frankly sleep has never been so elusive.

My hubby says it will get better and I know it will. I'll try and rev up my food choices tomorrow. Not too much you can do with 3 oz of chicken. I miss cooked veggies. I am having Protein Shakes and they are yummy.

I wanna play!

I'm June 19th. I'm starting my own, self-prescribed pre-op diet on Monday after my pre-op appt at the hospital, My surgeon only requires a day before clear liquid diet, but after listening to everyone here, I am going to do a couple of Protein shakes and a very small meal. I'm very excited. I have told a few friends (very few, like 5), my family of course (who are EXTREMELY happy for me), my boss, and a few co-workers. My husband's family will NOT be told. At least not until I have to. They will not be supportive at all, they would be the ones watching me like a hawk and judging me.

I'm excited to begin my Renaissance.

I started my liquid diet today, Protein drinks for 2 meals and Soup last meal. Band date is 6/20/12... Ok for day 1.

Hello. I'm in Australia. I started the 2 week pre op yesterday, endoscopy tomorrow and surgery on the 20th. It's only been 2 days of shakes but I cam see my face getting thinner. It's an exciting journey!! I'm not anxious about the surgery. I feel blessed to be able to have it.

I have told lots of people. I'd rather have it out there. 'I'm having lap band surgery....deal with it!'

I started my two week preop diet yesterday and my surgery is June 20. I found yesterday to be extremely easy, not sure if it's the prospect of the surgery or just finally ready to lose. I've told my family and a few friends. I'm not going to be announcing it on Facebook though. Good luck to you all! I'm hoping this will change our way of thinking about food.< /p>

Hey everybody! I'll be banded 6/21. I need to keep on my current low-fat, low-carb diet until the day before, then Clear liquids.

I'll friend each of you on here. Maybe we need a calander of who is being banded when. Let's all try to remember to send positive messages to one another!