Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on the 25th. I was on liquids for 1 week. Yesterday I started soft foods. Today I am STARVING!!! I would eat anything that wouldn't eat me back. I have tried to be careful though. oatmeal for Breakfast. Two freshly grown tomatoes (from our garden) mashed up, and a Protein Shake, but I am SOOOO hungry. I am sewing and trying to stay busy, but it is hard to ignore my rumbling tummy.

Thanks!

Sandy

If you are hungry like me and are looking for something to do, you can vote for my grandson. He is currently first place in a contest that ends today. He is a little cutie. That is why I am trying to lose weight so that I can be around longer for him.

http://photos.parents.com/cutekid/22/2012

I totally agree with NWgirl...having enough Protein every day is the key to both staving off hunger and to successful weight loss.

Pre-op you should have received a "target" range number of grams of Protein you should be eating every day. If you don't know that range of numbers, I would definitely ask the doctor or their staff!

I had my surgery on the 25th. I was on liquids for 1 week. Yesterday I started soft foods. Today I am STARVING!!! I would eat anything that wouldn't eat me back. I have tried to be careful though. oatmeal for Breakfast. Two freshly grown tomatoes (from our garden) mashed up' date=' and a Protein shake, but I am SOOOO hungry. I am sewing and trying to stay busy, but it is hard to ignore my rumbling tummy.

Thanks!

Sandy[/quote']

Can you have cottage or ricotta cheese?

Good mushie Protein.< /p>

Concentrate on Proteins and good fats first as these make you feel full longer. Reduce the carbs as they make you hungry. Add Protein powder to your oatmeal. I ate 5 or 6 small meals to get me through this stage. But that should stop once you get to the solid stage.

Hang in there! It gets better.

Wonder I'd you can do something like a Soup with high amount of Protein, cream of wheat, a frozen yogurt (Tasso) has 6 grams protein in it. It's in form of a creamsicle.

Ooooh, try fat free ricotta cheese. I've been eating that while on the Dukan diet and plan on utilizing it well into post-op stage - it mixes well with everything! Today we had it with shredded chicken in roasted bell peppers. I've also mixed it w/a little splenda and cinnamon for a dessert-type flavor. Good luck!

So I am having trouble with great hunger too. I never had this problem before surgery and I am doing the same calorie count...1200. I think part of the problem is even though the food is Protein rich, that does not help me to stay full, maybe some others feel full from protein alone. All protein is not created equal to me. A Protein Shake with 25 grams of protein does not keep me full like a nice spinach salad with some chicken on it would...same protein count. So for me eating more protien does not help. I am getting in my 60-70 grams of protien and I am still hungry. I am 3 weeks post op and what I started doing today was eating something small every hour or so, or honestly everytime I get hungry I eat, which s about that often. For instance at 7 am, I had a protien shake, by 9 I was eating a piece of cheese, by 10 I had ricotta and mushed apples, at lunch which was at 11:30 I had Tomato Soup and melted cheese, and in about 30 minutes Im having some mushed strawberries. These were all very small portions and I have only consumed about 500 calories so far today and 40 grams of protien so far. The rest of the day, I will be having mushy veggies, yogurt, Jello, oatmeal. Well within my calorie count and plenty of protien. Eating more often is helping me. it sounds like a lot of food, but everything is really small portions, 1/4 to 1 cup at a time. Spreading out like that is really helping me! Good luck and do what works for you. Hunger is not a good feeling to me!

are you getting your 60-80 grams of Protein in per day? I tend to stay on the higher end of the protein scale so I stay full. My issue is watching my shows around 8pm and I get snacky.. is it my head or am I really hungry... Blah!!

You are recently out of surgery and have to be very careful with what you eat. Perhaps you could try some scrambled eggs (high Protein and easy to eat). I used to have 1/2 of a Jugo juice Protein Shake (they really filled me up and have about 180 calories and they are really good for you). Tropical protein shake was my favorite.

I was banded June 5th, but they also done hiatal herina repair which they say is causing most of my pain. I am soooooooooooo bloated. I weigh 11 pounds more than the morning of surgery. Seen surgeon today r/t coughing up blood clot. Says my swelling is so bad bc they had to give me sooo much Fluid to keep my blood pressure up. Today I feel hungry............really hungry but I am on Clear Liquids for another week. How do you get thru this phase of CLEAR?

so right a this stage you can eat sooo much more. have more Protein Shakes, refried Beans with some melted cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt not with the fruit in it ( add some stevia if it's too bitter), add Protein Powder to some mashed potatoes, think Protein and you will feel so much better!

keep drinking lots of Water that helps a lot too.