Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Why I Love My Band!

Yesterday was just a band loving kind of day for me. My son and I went to Worlds of Fun, and amusement park in Kansas City that is about 3 hours from us. First of all, since eating in the car is not a great idea, I didn't indulge eat anything the whole way there. BB (before band) I would have loaded up on Snacks and soda to have while driving. Second of all, I have not gone to amusement parks for years, partly because I was deathly afraid I wouldn't fit in a roller coaster and that would be beyond humiliating for me. Next, instead of roasting outside wearing short sleeves and pants, I was feeling nice and cool in a tank top and (Bermuda) shorts...which I would not have been caught dead in a year ago. Not to mention the tank was a medium and the shorts were a 10, which are sizes I have never in my life worn until now! Lastly, while I did have a few different things to eat at the park, I did not gorge myself like I would have BB. I had a few bites of funnel cake here, a little bit of popcorn there...and I felt satisfied and not deprived at all. Okay, maybe I felt slightly deprived because I heart soft pretzels more than anything and they had ridiculously big ones there that I would love to have devoured, but it was not worth my money to buy one only to eat a few bites. So I didn't, and that was okay. I also walked around the park for 10 hours and was not particularly tired and my feet didn't even really hurt.

The moral of the story is, while there has been a...learning curve...7 months out and 84 pounds down....I love my band!

Wow! Way to go! I hope to be in your shoes soon! Thanks for the inspiring post.

Awsome and congrats!!

Way to go!!!!! You have got to be proud of yourself. "Nothing tastes as good as it feels to look good".

Fantastic post! Your story is exactly what I hope to experience one day.

Thanks ladies...it certainly is a good feeling!

AWESOME ! Thank you for sharing !!

What an inspiring story!

So happy for u! The last time I went to WOF I remember I had to change seats on the big shot bc they couldn't buckle it. I was mortified :( I wouldn't even ride the patriot bc i was scared they'd say I wouldnt fit. Now 120 lbs lighter I'm confident I would fit on every ride! Makes me want to go agAin!

Beth...you totally need to go back! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that....but with your skinny self that should not be a problem now!

It's such a wonderful feeling to be able to feel good in your own skin. To not feel uncomfortable all day long no matter what you are doing is great. Congrats! I can't wait to go to a park and ride some rides :-)

I realize there is a lot of work that comes with having the band but stories like this makes it all worth it. I am looking forward to an experience just like this one. My kids love the amusement park but they dont realize how hard it is for me to go. That's all about to change! Thanks for the encouragement.

Dana, thanks for sharing! I can't wait to be in shorts and a tank top again and enjoy going outside and doing things! Congratulations and again thanks for sharing your story. Your story makes me realize that the last year getting ready for my surgery has all been worth it.

Thank you!!