Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Natalie

Great job at the party and getting motivated I know when my son died I fought myself to get out of bed each day I used to say to myself just sit up and I would then I would say just go get coffee...ect ...after a few days it was working easier and before I knew it I was up and moving again. So keep pushing yourself because you are worth it!!

Hi Jennifer

Great loss you are doing well!

whymomwhy - When you say drink do you mean alcoholic? Did you find it affected you a lot more now that you're a bandster? my doctor recommends no alcohol the first year but says I can on special occasions. Going to a cocktail party in September and would like a few sips.

Navigating parties is so hard now! I think social occasions were my biggest downfall in eating and not taking care of myself pre band... I'd go to potlucks and hit that buffet 2 or 3 times, try every single dessert and have a few cans of pop to wash it down. Anyway, thank you for the motivation!! I am going to support group on Weds and therapy on Thurs, and just trying to be more busy.

Breakfast - 6oz mango yogurt

dinner - 1 sm wheat tortilla, 1/2 turkey italian sausage, 1 tbsp mozzarella, 2 tbsp Tomato sauce

snack - 8oz milk

Was feeling really sick today (Worst cramps i have ever had) and slept through lunch completely. Tomorrow back on track.

Natalie

I have found a drink that works for me it is Vodka with Water and I use Mio to flavor but have found that I can only have 2-3 drinks before I feel the alcohol ( A lightweight now) where before I could drink all night. I guess it is the food as there is less to absorb the drinks

Breakfast

Egg whites scrambled with peppers and Onions and shredded cheese

lunch

small chicken bacon cheese on wheat roll from dangelo's

dinner

1 link chicken Sausage

1/4 cup angel hair Pasta

Water

6 glasses

excercise

Water arobics and laps 30 min

Okay, so i'm having issues logging and posting from my iPhone. Ugg...I'll have to figure it out!

Anyway for today:

Breakfast: Hot Decaf tea with cup of milk

(The heat is helping my band. Dr recommended me try hot liquids since I continue to have some pain in my left shoulder. Probably pressure/swelling. Hopefully nothing wrong and trying not to obsess. I'm supposed to keep detailed records of when I feel the pain and he might do an upper GI next appt.)

Lunch: 1 egg, 2 slices bacon, Chobani Champions Greek Yogurt

Dinner: 2oz pork roast, 1/4 cup hominy

I got in 40 minutes of walking. Could not jog today...I've taken some days off of exercise and I feel like i'm starting over again!

Natalie--Hope you are feeling better!

Whymomwhy--Thanks! You are making great progress too! Like your drink idea. I miss my Gin and tonics. No more tonic for me. :) Oh well!

Great job ladies! I find my band is tighter some days and looser others. A margarita is my drink of choice, also like vodka cranberry.

Breakfast - 6oz Greek yogurt

lunch - 2tbsp crunchy PB, wheat Arnold's sandwich thin

dinner - 1/2 mini flour tortilla, 3oz Asian pork

Snacks/liquids - Water, 8oz skim milk, 12oz hot tea, 8oz Gatorade

Exercise - 30 min elliptical

Going to WLS support group on Wednesday evening. Have not been since my surgery.

Sorry I have had issue logging in

Yesterday:

Breakfast shakeology

snack fage Greek yogurt with honey

lunch southwest Soup

snack sunflower seeds

Worked through dinner on other house painting

Natile my support group was cancelled ???’but they said would be last night and I couldn't make last night. So you will have to let me know how how your group goes I plan on going to their next month meeting

Natalie-Great job on the elliptical!

Lose_it-Your Soup sounds yummy.

Have a great day everyone. My goals are to get my Water in today. My support group is tonight. Looking forward to it. They always have some sort of guest speaker and then a sharing time. It really does help to keep me motivated. Let us know how yours goes tonight Natalie.

Thanks! How was your support group? I wish we all lived near each other and could make our own! :-P

Mine was ok. I am only 23 and i swear most of the people are there are 30 years older than me.. Which is fine... But it would be nice to have the younger perspective too. And some of the really elderly women dominate the convo to the point you can barely get a word in. LOL! Anyways - The theme was body image. I hate that i have always struggled with very low self esteem. I didn't really learn a lot from it but it was nice to be surrounded by WLS patients who understand the lifestyle and expressed some of the feelings I have. I am going to therapy tomorrow night too. Funny how we think losing weight will automatically fix all our issues, lol.. I still have A LOT to work through.

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt

lunch - tuna w/ apple slices and light mayo, on 3/4 Arnold's sandwich thin. 2 strawberries

dinner - 1 mini wheat flax pita, 2tbsp PB, 1/2 small banana

snack - 6oz vanilla Greek yogurt, fruit slices

liquids - Water, 8oz Gatorade

Exercise - walked dog 30 mins, 30 mins elliptical

The area where I have my largest incision has been aching most of the day. I did do some sit ups so maybe that's why.

Breakfast strawberry and cream oatmeal

Lunch/ dinner. Soup again Greek yogurt with honey ( it's my FAVORITE)☺

snack harvest roasted sunflower seeds

We have been soo busy at work it's hard to sit and take a meal. Also real busy at home remodeling the house

Wow a remodel... I can only imagine how busy you are! But as long as you are sticking to the fundamentals, even if it's not the most complicated meal thats fine. I am single and sometimes to cook a full fledged meal only to eat 1 cup doesn't feel worth it, so I'll just make an easy wrap, half sandwich, etc

Breakfast - 6oz yogurt

lunch - 1/2 Arnold's sandwich thin, 1/3c tuna with light mayo and sliced apples, 2/3 sm banana

dinner - 6oz chili with cheese, 3 saltines

snack - tea, 6oz vanilla Chobani with sliced strawberries and 1/8c granola in it. Yum

Breakfast - 6oz Chobani

lunch - 1 wheat pita, 2 tbsp Peanut Butter, 2/3 small banana

dinner - 1 chicken enchilada, 1/4c black Beans, 2 tbsp salsa

snack - lots of Water, 8oz milk

Exercise - 45 min walk

Went out to Mexican restaurant w/ my sister tonight. I am going to a party tomorrow and to a concert w/ friends Sunday, so I wanted to be good today. If I stick to my small portions this weekend I think I'll be ok even if I'm not eating the healthiest options. I will def make sure to exercise tomorrow morning.

Also went to Dress Barn this evening and bought 2 shirts and 2 skirts for church. Buying size 14 felt pretty darn good :)

Breakfast - 5oz peach Chobani

lunch - 5 pieces of shrimp, 1 tsp cocktail sauce, 1 lemon wedge, 4oz berry flax smoothie

dinner - 2 sm pieces of thin crust pizza (light cheese/pineapple/bacon)

Snack/dessert - 1/2sm Peanut Butter bar (way too dense for me), 1 sm cupcake

Exercise - 45 min walk

Tonight was girls night... So I didn't eat as well as I normally would :/ I do feel guilty I ate Desserts. But I did go for a walk and track my cals, still was in my normal cal range.

Natalie that is awesome! keep up the good work.

I have been camping for the weekend and was so proud of myself that I was able to lose weight still! I ate small portions and kept camping.

Breakfast

Fried egg

1/2 wheat bagel

1 strip turkey bacon

lunch

Cheeseburger

dinner

chicken Sausage with peppers and Onions

on whole wheat hot dog roll

Water

10 glasses

Exercise

walked 1 mile

swimming

Sounds like everyone is doing great! It was a busy week and this weekend I was out of town. My eating has been okay but I find myself pushing the limits on what I can eat. I am doing more bites and tastes of things I shouldn't eat. Uggg. Exercise has been hard too! My plan is clean eating and treadmill tomorrow!

My support group went well. There are quite a few people and lots of inspirational stories. This meeting there was a Zumba instructor who lost a lot of weight (husband had WLS) and she went through a Zumba lesson with us. Fun! Even though I'm sure I looked absolutely ridiculous. Ha!

Yes, Natalie, we all would have a great support group! Hope your therapy session went well. Solving the weight issues are hard enough but the mental stuff is harder.

Loseit-My husband and I remodeled our first house and I'll never do it again. :)

Whymomwhy-Great job while camping!

Here's what I ate today:

Part of a bacon, egg, cheese, potato breakfast taco (no tortilla)

Part of a carne guisada beef taco (no tortilla)

3 ounces cheese

3 pita chips

1/4 cup chicken salad

1/2 cup Tomato Soup

5 oyster crackers

Great to be back online! Missed you guys.