Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can You Guys Help Me?

Ok I'm just going to put this out there. I have a few questions.. First of all. I'm really struggling. I received my lapband in Sept 2010 and I have only lost 45 lbs. I have to admit I wasn't totally compliant at first. I have an obese fiance and a lot of our time involves eating out and I haven't always made the best choices

Flash to 2012 a question I want to ask is does anyone know is there a 'window of opportunity'? Am I running out of time to lose this weight? I just feel like I struggle. I had a problem at work and I binged today... How do people deal with everyday stress without eating over it? I NEED TO OVERCOME THIS! Thanx for listening all advice is appreciated!

When I'm stress out I take a long walk with good music.

Are you at restriction? If not get a fill. Head hunger will always be there; you have to acknowledge it and refuse to eat.

There is a five day pouch diet (someone who knows the real link please correct). It kind of feasts your mindset and clears some sugars/ cravings out of your system.

Don't give up' all you can do is start your next meal fresh. If you eat too much at lunch, don't beat yourself up and don't use it as aneccuse to blow it at dinner too. Just go into dinner with a fresh attitude and make good choices.

good luck! There is a ton of support on this site!

If you never properly used your band (fill wise) and didn't go to the super low cal diet, then I think if you call your surgeon and get back on the horse you will do fine :)

No you haven't we have all been there.....Re- focus and work on your head as much as your food intake....the mind is a very strong thing. I would focus on Protein and lots of Water ....64oz. of water a day can make or break it for most of us.....I am twicw as old as you and I was able to get back on track ...stay strong ....

Dont know if this will work for you or not, but try making a list of 10 things you could do when you have something stressful happen to you. Make sure they're NOT food related ( like going out for ice cream). When something stressful happens, pull out the list and go do one of those things on the list. some ideas might be, get a mani/pedi, call a friend, google "People of Walmart.com (hilarious !!) Youtube some old comedy shows (its hard for me to eat when im laughing my ass off watching "Whose Line Is It Anyways," or" In Living Color !)", go for a walk. etc.........Good luck !

But, you lost 45 lbs. You are not a failure. I don't think that there is a time limit. Follow what others have told you. Good luck. Get that man of your involved, too! Karen

Make a doctors appointment and get a fill because it doesnt sound like you have good restriction and once you go you start fresh it's a new day!!!

I was banded jan 2010 lost 40lbs and got pregnant in feb 2011 I regained all the weight ( while pregnant I only had 1cc taken out which put me to 7cc). I didn't go back to the doc right away cause I was breast feeding so 4 weeks ago I decided to go back (I was done breast feeding). I had discussed with the doc about doing the sleeve because I really wasn't happy with the band the 40lbs that I did loss was very hard to loss. So he sent me for an upper gi to check and make sure there was nothing wrong, everything was fine so he gave another fill and said to give it one more shot. Now I actually think I am in that green zone everyone talks about, there is no way I can binge and I don't even feel like snacking. It's 3 weeks since I had the fill and I'm down 9 lbs so now I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and see hat happens. I'm really glad my doc wanted me to give it one more shot because it was my fresh start.

And try to get that boyfriend on the band wagon with you it will help both of you in the long run.

Good luck

Tomorrow is a new day :)

Congrats, Jodi8135, Your advice is right on!

A lot of great advice here and one thing I would like to add is Support Groups. I know they're not for everyone but based on what you have said it sounds like you have some of emotional stuff going on. Does your surgeon have a psych counselor attached to his practice? Maybe a talk with someone and being candid about it all might be helpful. Just throwing that out there.

Hungry Head is a tough battle to overcome and I think only a small handful of people truly overcome it. Most just have to do a lot of internal talking and listening...."Am I really hungry or in my mind I just want it"

Good Luck!!

Thanks everyone for all the responses! Weighed myself this morning didn't do too much damage I am back on track:)