Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Loss Blues

I was banded Oct 10, 2011. Since then, I have only lost 40 pounds. It's very discouraging, but I think I'm just a slow loser. I eat the right foods and exercise 4-5 days a week, but I always seem to weigh the same. My problem is, even eating my Protein at each meal, I'm hungry within 2-3 hours of eating. It seems my stomach is ALWAYS growling. As long as it doesn't go up though, I guess it will have to work eventually since I'm eating so far under maintenance for my body size.

I was banded 12/22/11, I too, am a slow loser. Until I had my last fill, I had only lost 4 lbs (that fill was on April 2nd), since April 2nd, and hitting the green zone, I have lost another 8lbs and feel great. I know its slow, but as long as I see the scale going down, I'm ok with that. I do know that I am losing inches because I have people that havent seen me in a while comment on how good I am looking. I do have more energy, but not as much time as I wish to exercise. I just had my roommate move out, so I have my basement back, which I plan on walking on the treadmill daily as a start to boost my weight loss. I am walking a 5K on Saturday, then next month, participating in the Relay for Life, which I know throughout the night I will be walking at least another 3-5 miles.

Bluetigereyes can you tell me what your green zone feels like? I was banded Sept 2011 and still feel like I'm white knuckling it every day.

I guess for me, I feel full after eating a VERY little bit. I can have about 2-3 oz of Protein and 4-5 bites of the other parts of my meal then I am full. Feeling full is also quite different. I get a pressure in my chest, almost like I need to burp, then I get the hiccups and a runny nose. If I take even 1 more bite, I will be miserable. If you are still hungry all the time, go in for a fill. I'm at 8.75cc in a 14 cc band right now. I do get hungry every 3-4 hours, but have a small protein snack to hold me over (Like a small handfull of peanuts)

I was banded September 29, 2011. I have been calling myself the turtle of lapband because I was only losing a pound or two each month. Now that my band is half full I am losing right at two pounds a week:) Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

Sometimes I fall off the wagon and eat too much junk...just had a birthday, cake at work, cake at home, cupcakes from friends and then my son's birthday was two days later, cheese cake.....now...Mother's Day.....

But for the most part, I drink a lot of Protein drinks, exercise almost every day, take my Vitamin and drink my Water. I love my band:) I have lost more weight with the band than any other diet program, and I've done them all! It has changed me for life!

I think it may be time for a new group for all of us in a plateau??? Maybe name it "Help! I'm in a plateau and can't get out!!" lol what does everyone think? We could do like little contests and diet plans and tips and stuff!!

Amy

Attention all plateau....

Someone said there is "light at the end of the tunnel"...I'm saying "there is light along the way to the end of the tunnel."

I, too, am a slow loser...but I know what my problem is and i tackle it everyday. I love to eat.

Don't give up! We have learned a lot of skills thru the years-what to eat and how to exercise...They Work!

Keep trying...Its slow weight loss...but its worth it!

Banded July 13, 2011 down 62 lbs....

Giving thanks for my savior...Jesus

Sick of the ups and downs on the scale!!! I really think the forum for plateaus is a good idea! I need a fill I think that is my problem! 1 more week!!! Things get stuck but I can eat my whole plate now if I let myself. I will also go long time without eating then I binge eat which makes me eat more at one time and too fast so it gets stuck then I get a pain in my neck and shoulder like gas pains...anyone ever experience this?!?

I found through talking it out on here and with my sister in law...banded 2 years ago. That I have been eating too SLOW. My loss has been really slow, but I am already at 7.4 fill in a 10cc band. I actually canceled my fill for this week because I think I need to work on my eating habits before getting another fill.

I am going to.try and stick to the rule of Proteins first and finish eating within 30 minutes. Until now, I have been eating really slowly in order to finish all the food on my plate. Which basically, I was eating all the time and feeling no real restriction. Even my best friend has said repeatedly "it does not matter how slow the band makes I eat..if you are still consuming the same amount of calories!"

So, combining that and the talk with my sister, I feel as though my band may indeed be in a sweet spot and I need to change my behavior.

I found through talking it out on here and with my sister in law...banded 2 years ago. That I have been eating too SLOW. My loss has been really slow, but I am already at 7.4 fill in a 10cc band. I actually canceled my fill for this week because I think I need to work on my eating habits before getting another fill.

I am going to.try and stick to the rule of Proteins first and finish eating within 30 minutes. Until now, I have been eating really slowly in order to finish all the food on my plate. Which basically, I was eating all the time and feeling no real restriction. Even my best friend has said repeatedly "it does not matter how slow the band makes I eat..if you are still consuming the same amount of calories!"

So, combining that and the talk with my sister, I feel as though my band may indeed be in a sweet spot and I need to change my behavior.

Roro37 on my fitness pal if anyone.is interested in helping each other count calories, encourage exercise and identifying trigger foods. My goal for this month...stay under calorie goal..work out 5 times each week for 30 minutes. no fill this month. Try to make this band work!!!

Roro37 on my fitness pal if anyone.is interested in helping each other count calories, encourage exercise and identifying trigger foods. My goal for this month...stay under calorie goal..work out 5 times each week for 30 minutes. no fill this month. Try to make this band work!!!