Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Gained 5 Lbs In One Week!!!!

I'm sooo upset with my self I gained 5bls last week.....I'm tired of being hungry. I know I gained the weaght by eating to much. I don't know what to do.......

I've had one fill. I hand another Dr.appointment monday the 7th... I don't fill any kind if restriction

You are very early in this journey. You've only had 1 fill and was banded in March. It's normal to possibly gain some after surgery because your body is healing and re-adjusting to everything. Plus, with no restriction yet, you can eat just like you did before. Be patient and wait for more fills before beating yourself up. It doesn't do any good. Just try to stick with healthy foods as much as possible if you are hungry.

Also, if you are hungry...eat. Just don't eat the bad foods like cakes, ice cream, chips, etc. Stick with yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, etc. That's how I got through bandster hell. When I got really hungry, I learned to turn to good foods rather than the junk I use to eat.

Good luck to you.

P.S. It's very hard to gain 5lbs. in one week. I would be willing to bet it's Water retention from a lot of sodium intake or that time of the month. Try increasing your Water intake. That will help with water retention. Weight again in a week. You may be surprised.

Cbreeden thx for the words of encouragement imma have top try some Water pills and see what happens....

Elgrande

No I'm not....do you find that helpful?

I gained after surgery too....dont beat yourself up over it. I got banded in December, and just since this last fill (April 2nd) have I really been seeing some weight loss. Its slow, but steady. I go in today for another fill, but think I'm VERY close to my green zone. I"m not hungry all the time anymore, and feeling great. It took 3-4 fills to get to this point. Dont give up, and dont get discouraged. Journal your food and get some exercise in....see if you can move your next fill up a little sooner and let your doctor know that you are hungry all the time...they can adjust your fill based on that.

Good Luck!

It helped me at the beggining, because i was able to see the calories and food I was eating

I know I just get discourage bcz I see all this ppl banded around the same time and there progress is much greater than mine. I go to the gym 4times a week. My next step is to jernal all my food intake ans see if that helps Thank you all for ur words of encouragement and advice :D

I have been a SLOW loser since having my band placed. Dont let it get you discouraged. I too, have had my moments of thinking if I did the right thing or if this is really going to work for me. But once I got to my sweet spot, I am starting to see the scale move. I just got another fill yesterday and in the 4 weeks between fills, I lost 7lbs. That is almost 2lbs per week average, which is perfect. Some people lose faster than others, dont compare yourself to others because your body is different. Once you get to the right amount in your band, you will see results. For me, I dont start seeing a difference from my fills for almost 2 weeks...thats how my body adjusts. I only got 1/4 cc this time, but I am so close to my sweet spot I didnt want to get it too tight. So, for now I will go 1/4 cc at a time until I feel I am at a good place, then stay here until it feels like its getting looser. Just be patient, you CAN do this!!!

Yes journal.u may see a lot of people talking about My Fitness Pal.it's a website and phone app.u can journal ur food intake and it gives u the nutrition value.u can track ur weight and also add friends.A lot of us are there.if u want j can add me my name is the same as here Bigenuff.I found for me that writing my food down usually makes me think twice about what I am eating.Also remember to always eat Protein first,then veggies then carb .:-)

Yes, journalling your food is SO IMPORTANT. Give it a try. I journalled every single day for 14 months and lost about 111 lbs.

Now in maintenance I journal about once a week just to double check my food choices and see where I'm at with calories and Protein counts.

I've been losing some weight since getting banded on 4/23 but yesterday and today I seem to be gaining! That's considering the fact that I'm barely eating (no junk and sweets either) and drinking lots! It's not a big gain ( .5 lb yesterday and .3lb today) but still upsetting :(

so gaining some weight at the beganing is normal..... I feel a bit better now, I just have to keep moving foward and not look back thx everyone I'm going to have to down load this fitness app thank you all this site is awsome always keeps me moving foward :D