Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preparing For Lower Body Lift With Anchor Incision

Hi all, I've lost 213 pounds so far on the lap band. Started at 433 in Sept of 2008, lost most of this weight in the first 2 years. After a long plateau and a port replacement due to a leak, I'm back on track and losing again. I'm determined to get from my current weight of 220 to my goal of 180 (I'm 5' 9"). My reward to myself will be a lower body left with anchor incision.

I had a panniculectomy after losing 80 pounds because my pannus was so bad. That was great but I definitely need the lower body lift. All my loose skin has pooled around my hips and I have folds vertically as well as horizontally (hence the anchor incision). I'm two sizes larger on bottom than on top!

I'm looking for any advice and encouragement I can get as I push the last mile on my weight loss and decide where to get the surgery done. My insurance covered the panni but definitely won't cover this. I've consulted with the surgeon who did my panni but it would cost me approx $16k here in the San Francisco bay area. I'm considering going out of the country to get this done but wary because I know it is a complex surgery. Not your average Tummy Tuck.

Any insight or advice would be appreciated!

Kathy

I am going to Mexico in June. cosmed clinic with Dr Quiroz. He is licensed in California also ;) He charging me $4,000 for lower body lift!! Good luck

Thanks for the reply, danielle b! Can you tell me, did you investigate a lot of other plastic surgeons before selecting Dr. Quiroz?

Kathy

Thanks for the reply, danielle b! Can you tell me, did you investigate a lot of other plastic surgeons before selecting Dr. Quiroz?

Kathy

I did a lot of research. And I know that there are bad and good reviews on just about any doctor. I have some Facebook friends that have used Dr Quiroz. And I feel very confident with my choice. My surgery is June 21, as I am also having inner thigh lift and liposuction along with LBL. I will be staying in their recovery boutique for 15 days, with full time 24 hour nurse, and meals included.

I did a lot of research. And I know that there are bad and good reviews on just about any doctor. I have some Facebook friends that have used Dr Quiroz. And I feel very confident with my choice. My surgery is June 21, as I am also having inner thigh lift and liposuction along with LBL. I will be staying in their recovery boutique for 15 days, with full time 24 hour nurse, and meals included.

Wow! Does that price of $4000 include the 15 days in the recovery boutique?

Can't wait to hear how your surgery goes!

Kathy

Does not include recovery boutique...If you stay there over 10 days, it is $100/day. There were a couple other charges too...not too much though. I will keep you posted for sure :)

I haven't gotten to the point that I'm close enough to my goal to look into any reconstructive surgeries yet but about a year ago when I was in the waiting room for a fill, I started talking to another patient. She said that she did the bypass a couple of years ago, had reconstructive work done, then did the band. She advised me that all of her surgeries were covered by insurance because she was an organ donor and she donated the extra skin that was removed. Like I said, I haven't looked into this myself yet with my insurance company but it's definitely something that I'm keeping in mind! Good luck :)

I am going to Mexico in June. cosmed clinic with Dr Quiroz. He is licensed in California also ;) He charging me $4,000 for lower body lift!! Good luck

OmG I am having mine on June 20 th with Dr, Quiroz as well. Maybe we can meet there.

OmG I am having mine on June 20 th with Dr, Quiroz as well. Maybe we can meet there.

OMG...Oh yes!! I am so happy to finally meet someone else that will be there ;) A friend of mine that I met on Facebook was trying to get an appt for the 25th or 26th, but they have no openings. That would be wonderful to meet you...what are you getting done?? My lbl is scheduled for the 21st @ 7:30 am. How long are you planning to stay?? You staying in the recovery house?? I am super happy to know someone else will be there...as I am going to Mexico alone ;)

Hi, I am in NC and have a lower body lift in Nov, my biggest concern about having the surgery done out of the country is after care! I had a lower body lift and some chest work done. Had 6 Drains, I really had no problems but still I was at the PS at least once a week for at least 6 weeks, even after my final drain came out I had some Fluid build up etc.

So unless your PS in Mexico has some agreement with a Dr in your area for after care I would not want to go out of the country. Additionally about 3 months, the PS Did a small revision, due to the swelling my skin stretched a bit above my pubic area so he tighten that up too. All of the follow up was part of the surgery cost. The only cost of the revision was $200 for the surgical tray. I would since Nov I must have see the Dr at least 20 Times from Nov to April. So due keep this in mind. My surgery was $12K thins are a bit less costly in NC. Good luck to you.

This is a major surgery so follow up is really important.

Hi, I am in NC and have a lower body lift in Nov, my biggest concern about having the surgery done out of the country is after care! I had a lower body lift and some chest work done. Had 6 Drains, I really had no problems but still I was at the PS at least once a week for at least 6 weeks, even after my final drain came out I had some Fluid build up etc.

So unless your PS in Mexico has some agreement with a Dr in your area for after care I would not want to go out of the country. Additionally about 3 months, the PS Did a small revision, due to the swelling my skin stretched a bit above my pubic area so he tighten that up too. All of the follow up was part of the surgery cost. The only cost of the revision was $200 for the surgical tray. I would since Nov I must have see the Dr at least 20 Times from Nov to April. So due keep this in mind. My surgery was $12K thins are a bit less costly in NC. Good luck to you.

This is a major surgery so follow up is really important.

Thanks for information. I have already talked to my primary care physician and he is completely backing me up on my decision. They have informed me that whatever I need when I get back that they are there to help me.

I am going to Mexico in June. cosmed clinic with Dr Quiroz. He is licensed in California also ;) He charging me 4' date='000 for lower body lift!! Good luck[/quote']

Please do keep updated on this! Hope all goes well. Great info!

I'm using Dr Quiroz for the rest of my reconstructive surgery. He is great. I had my tt done here in Houston 2 weeks ago.

post-275838-13813140073735_thumb.jpg

post-275838-13813140074154_thumb.jpg

I'm using Dr Quiroz for the rest of my reconstructive surgery. He is great. I had my tt done here in Houston 2 weeks ago.

WOW....Your tummy looks great!! I am super excited about LBL...I have 15 more days until I fly to Mexico!! What all is Dr Quiroz doing to you?? Gosh...I still can't get over you tummy...it just looks amazing!!

You loom great! I am having LBL, TT and BL on 6/14.

How are you feeling? Any tips?