Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Am I Too Tight

I won't know myself until Friday as that will be my first unfill, but I would like to think that I won't be hungry as I'll be able to eat proper foods. Cold drinks are hard for me to get down too and I know that that just isn't right.

I think though, that they want you on a day or 2 of liquids, probably, just like when you have a fill. That way you're not irritating your band? Maybe someone can confirm for us. :)

Good luck with your unfill, can't wait till I get mine!

It has been a while but I am sure I took it easy the next couple of days. The first time I couldn't keep anything down so I was contantly throwing up and got really irritated. I am sure that it was a few days before I felt better.

When I had fill taken out they told me 24 liquid diet

I got a 2cc unfill yesterday morning and I feel great not immediately but after a couple of hours. My doctor told me liquids for 24 hours. I'm almost there. Thanks everyone for your advice and help. I go back next Wednesday for a refill.

I had my 3rd fill a week ago, and it's just today I am back to eating "normally". I've never thrown up but I noticed I would get very uncomfortable after just 4 or 5 bites. Because liquids were going down fine I wanted to give the swelling time to go down. Yesterday it was better but still touchy, today I'm doing fine.

And as for drinks, yes, take a big gulp of Water before leaving your doctor's office after a fill. This way if you're too tight you'll know immediately. My first two fills I took little sips and was fine, but then when I took big gulps I was immediately gurgling Water back up. My doc took a little out and I was immediately fine.

That is another reason I knew I just had to give my stomach time to rest after this last fill, despite how extremely tight I have been. I didn't gurgle up after a big gulp of water.

I was instructed to return if I had any heartburn, means band too tight but I'm doing ok. I had my first fill and I think I have good restriction. I am concerned that I'm eating only 2 meals a day takin in only between 600-800 calories w/a Protein Shake. Also sometimes at meal time I can look at food and be full, or take one bite and be full. Dont have any heartburn, diff swallowing or vomiting and I'm tolerating all types of food. Am I in the green zone? Is this normal?

Well I went back for my fill today (they removed my first fill after only four days because of horrible heart burn last Friday and wanted to let my pouch "rest"). When the dr came in to see me instead of promised fill he decided I need to get an upper GI with barium to make sure I am not slipped or herniated. I am so frustrated! Got my band 3-1-12 and have yet to be filled. Uggg this white knuckle crap is getting on my last nerve! I have a wedding in two weeks! I wanted to have lost some weight at least! Ok there's my rant. Just frustrated...

Hi guys, I've been banded for 4 yrs now and love it. Ive lost 50kg over that time, but if up and down Not to say I haven't had my share of problems. I just had it tightened again and it took a good 3 days or so to settle. Give it a couple of days before you go back. You just never know! Mind you I have horrid reflux but I'll put up with it to get some more kgs off.

Thx bandluva. I waited 3 days to call the dr n he got on me for waiting so long. I kept thinking it would settle down. I never imagined it would b this annoying right out of the gate!

I haven,t been on the site for a while now but I came in looking for a little advice about how I'm feeling and the post from readytochangein2011 is exactly how I feel.

I've been banded since 8/2010. My Surgeon is very conservative with his fills. I'm just now at 5.8cc in my band after over a year and a half. He does make up sit in the waiting room after a fill and drink a glass of Water. I was fine after this last fill with the Water in the office but now I notice that I can't eat much at all. I feel I'm in the green sone. I have no reflux or heartburn and I'm not as careful with my bites and chewing thoroughly as I should e.g I had 1 chicken wing yesterday. I don't eat the tip and I don't eat chicken skin but that small piece of wing had me stuck. I had a small bite of a burger today (no bun) and was stuck.

I'm wondering is that a problem? I feel fine other than that and I know I have to be more careful with my eating . Just wondering about others experiences.

Hello. I also just had a fill. I hadn't come back for a year after my second fill and had gained a lot of weight between visits. I just thought the surgery hadn't worked for me. Then four days ago I had my third fill going from about 5cc to 8cc. Big difference! I don't know if it's a little too tight but I don't mind and am able to manage a combination of liquid foods and solid foods, but just a little at a time.

When I drink cold liquids, I tend to feel a slight pain in my chest, as I do when I'm eating but not the horrible heartburn I've been reading about. It's like the beginning of a heart burn pain but it passes quickly. It seems to happen more when I eat and drink a cold liquid at the same time.

For the person whose band feels too tight, I read that cold liquids tighten the band, while warm ones loosen it. I haven't had any problem with hot Soups and when I ate some hot Soup I was able to eat a lot more solid-ish food like hummus and crackers and tomatoes. However, I overate by accident and the pain and discomfort was really awful for about an hour or so after and I knew I was eating too much when I was doing it. Today I had some warm soymilk in the afternoon and it went down without any discomfort as long as I sipped moderately, without any big gulping.

So, my experience to share is to try having some hot liquids prior to trying to eat anything. And I read on a web site that if you drink cold liquids first it will help to restrict your meals since the band gets tighter. For me, the small pain helps me keep on track but I'm definitely getting enough to eat.

I also read that the band is tighter in the morning, which seems to be my experience. I can't eat much in the mornings but by late afternoon and evening I feel less pain or tightness. Well, good luck to you and thanks all for writing your thoughts.

I found this info at this site:

http://drsimpson.net/fills/post-fill/post-fill.htm

After a fill you are supposed to be on liquids for couple days then mushies for a couple. You will get some swelling following a fill and it will take time to adjust... be patient.... if you can get Water down then you are doing good. if after a few days and no change, then call your doc......