Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Had Lapband Surgery Today And Yet I Don't Feel Hungry

i just had lapband surgery today and i was able to go home. I know I don't get my first fill until two weeks from now but I feel like I don't have an appetite has any one else experienced this feeling? Please let me know I would really appreciate it.

I believe it is normal. Some people get hungry a few days afterward, but I didn't get real hungry until I started soft foods three weeks out.

I wasn't hungry at all the first week. Just keep sippin that Water

Yes I did want to eat much at all first week sadly this changes but then you get to start having fills I didn't need fill for a month I was luck and restriction at start with band just fill with Water to fill space. Dr said that didn't count as fill in my 10 cc band hope this makes since?

I was banded 4 hours ago and I'm not hungry yet either, but my docs orders nothing by mouth until tomorrow morning. Good luck to you.

You just had surgery. RELAX!!! you're in for a roller coaster ride! But keep reading, many people here have been through it and survived.

anesthesia wipes out my appetite for at least a week.

I think it is also because your stomache has been through a tramatic experience and it will be naturally a bit swollen from having that band attached to it. So once that goes down.. you will regain your hunger ! It took me about 3 days but it will return.

Thanks so much for the comments it has helped me in so may ways.

I am on the 6th day of my post op liquid diet...and I'm not particularly hungry. Although, there have been plenty of times this week that I've thought about food when I was cooking for my family. I've been doing Water with 4C drink mix, chicken and beef broth, Protein shakes and sugar free Popsicles...other than that I haven't felt hungry. I was able to eat some sugar free Jello and that really helped! I get to start puréed foods on Friday and I'm looking forward to it, but you can do it too!!

It is completely normal for about a week or so. Congrats and good luck!

I wasn't hungry (not like I get now) for many weeks so I just went with it! Just make sure you are getting enough calories to heal and function.

Yep, it's the swelling in your stomach from the surgery. I found it really hard to drink enough of anything in the first few days.