Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sitting here waiting and waiting for my pre-op to be done. I have only been waiting for 45 min. so far with only one other person in the waiting room. Not all that impressed with this pcp dr. but it is who i have to see. Then off to the hospital to pre-admit. Surgery one week from today...very excited! Been on liquids for a.week now and looks like 10 lb. weight loss so far.

I just had my post op appointment and got "talked" to for my calories being so low. Grr. I did ask about the pool and she said two more weeks. So that would be 4 weeks total. Every doc is different. I'm going in as soon as my incision is fully closed.

I just had my post op appointment and got "talked" to for my calories being so low. Grr. I did ask about the pool and she said two more weeks. So that would be 4 weeks total. Every doc is different. I'm going in as soon as my incision is fully closed.

What did they say a good range should be? I've been at 600-700 and feeling stuffed.

Im pissed right now. Im in pain and my doctors don't want to give me a refill for pain killers. The over the counter stuff is not working. #inpainportpinching

She wants me between 900-1000. She's dreaming.

I am done and resting at the hotel. I dont feel too bad, but I'm taking the meds on schedule. I did a lap around my hotel floor, and it seemed to help.

I am done and resting at the hotel. I dont feel too bad, but I'm taking the meds on schedule. I did a lap around my hotel floor, and it seemed to help.

I'm glad to hear your surgery went smoothly and you are resting comfortably. Don't forget to walk-I had horrible gas pains and walking was the only thing that provided any relief (that and gas-x)

How much are you guys drinking post-op? Did your doc give you any goals?

I got band April 16 still kind of nervous about the band but I'm enjoying the fact that it's going to help me as well as I work with it I just don't like the fact that I can't eat anything right now but I'm getting great day by day for that matter so good luck to everybody still waiting on getting banded

Mine said to work up to 64 oz. Not sure if I should count the liquid in my shakes and broth but 64 oz seems like a LOT.

I would count any non cafinated things toward the liquid.< /p>

Now that I had a great night sleep, I can share a little more about the surgery and overall experience yesterday.

I was the doctor's first patient yesterday at 8:30am and had to be there at 6:30. I wasn't particularly nervous until I left my family and got into the OR. But was oddly comforted when I looked over the resident's shoulder to see her playing Draw Something on her iPhone. We had a good laugh guessing bagpipes, and it made me feel like this wasn't going to be a big deal...

Surgery took an hour end to end, and recovery was fine, though they made my mom and husband leave the room and even though I kept asking for my husband, they never got around to letting him back in... I suggest if you want your significant other to be in there with you, urge them to be a little aggressive about it and keep trying to go in...

Left the hospital around 5pm. A little sore, but not too bad. Mostly EXHAUSTED! The worst part has been my throat. The breathing tube just destroyed it. I've been using the numbing spray, which helps a lot, and lollypops, which helps a little, but is a little too sticky-sweet... It's weird, before surgery I was all about the sweet. After surgery I'm all about the savory... I was able to get down surprisingly more liquid than I thought I would!! But because of my throat, BY FAR the most helpful thing to drink has been matzoh-ball Soup broth. I made my husband go out to the Jewish Deli last night (it felt like a pregnancy craving, HAD to have it!!) and it lived up to every fantasy. There's something amazing about the heat and all those spices like dill and pepper that opens up my throat. I feel like a sponge filling up.

As others here have described, my stomach has been achy, but not really painful. It's like I've been kicked in the stomach, or did too many sit-ups. The later it got last night, the worse it got though. And even exhausted, I had a pretty bad night... I just couldn't get comfortable or fall asleep.... And every time I did fall asleep, I'd JOLT awake to one of those dreams where you're afraid you're holding a drink or your computer and are about to drop it... This went on for hours, and I finally started crying I was so tired... The only way I was ultimately able to fall asleep was by laying on my side. It hurt a little more in that position, but since it's my usual position, I think I was asleep in less than a minute...

Woke up at 5:30am feeling tight and dry in my stomach. Like a scab feels tight... Took meds, drank some broth, and feeling really good. Very well rested, relaxed, and it's a lot easier to get up and down from the bed and walk around.

My shopping list for post-surgery:

- GasX strips that melt on your tongue

- throat spray

- Lollypops

- Hot Drinks with lots of flavor—home-made chicken soup broth, Tomato Soup, tea, etc

- cold with a lot of flavor—V-8 juice, diet sports drinks, crystal light, etc.

- bed tray would have been nice...

- and if you wear reading glasses, make sure you don't leave them at work. :)

Anyway, I'm so excited to be feeling better today. I had such a great sleep!!! I'm looking forward to taking a walk around the block later, get some air.

Thanks for posting your list for after surgery...very helpful.

starting day 3 of 7 day pre-op liquids. Day one was awful yesterday was better, because I planned out when i would have my full liquids...today ill be busy with my sons baseball Opening day parade, ceremony and game...i woke up at 4 (much earlier than planned) if i can make it til 8, thats when i plan to have my first full liquid of the day, and then another after ceremony, and then be ok til after game...will bring cooler with water/crystal light for times in between...but yesterrday i was peeing allllll day non stop..and wont quite be able to get to the bathroom as easy during parade and ceremony lol...so this should be interesting.

Banded yesterday

Banded yesterday

Welcome to the other side, how do you feel?