Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Mths. And Only 30Lbs Down :(

I was banded on May 31st and lost 14 lbs the first week. Since then, I've lost 16 more lbs. At first, I started watching what I was eating and taking a lot of Protein, but now I feel so discouraged. Fall semester for school started in August and since then, I have not been eating like I should. I have 4cc's and I feel like I can eat normal again. It's the worst feeling in the world because I look in the mirror and feel horrible about myself. I'm 12 hours away from my doctor and nutritionist, and phone consultations are not motivating or helpful. Does anyone know of a diet plan that can get me back on track? I'm thinking of finding a doctor close to my school so that I can get a fill and get back on track. I started INSANITY a week ago, and I've been sticking to it. I'm only 20 years old, and this has just been really difficult to deal with. I need motivation again. Thank you

Seems like u are in great need of a fill which will probably help you a lot. Might be an idea to go back to basics and start off with some liquids then mushies and back to small portion foods. This is going to be hard without a fill tho. The band is there to help you but u need to help the band do its job too, and that means maintaining it. After all a car wont run without gas will it :)

Good luck :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm planning to do! I just need a little support and motivation! Thank you!

First lets look at the positive. 9 months out and you are down 30 lbs!! I know we all invision massive weight loss instantly (me too). But we were told that 1 pound a week is good. It is also a positive factor that you reconize that you aren't doing everything you should be doing.....thats better than being in denial and "forgetting" that you haven't been compliant. I would suggest that you call your doctor and see if he can refer you to someone close to where you are for a fill. Then until you can get in, stick to a low carb diet as much as possible. And the most important thing I think you need to do......plug back into this support site. The more you are involved the more support you will have.

You can get through this.....its just a pothole. Keep your eyes set on the goal and it will happen. Just don't procrastinate...call the doctor today.

Good luck!

That means a lot! Thank you so much for the advice! :)

I feel your pain. I'm 8 months out and have lost only 26 pounds since then. But my doctor said that my weight loss would be slower because I was on the lower end of the BMI spectrum when I was banded. I stalled at 172-170 for 4 months and have been steadily losing since my fill in December. My most recent fill has been great although I've had some reflux.

I would just repeat what the previous posters have suggested! We're always here for you and just a mouse click away. Just try to get in to see a doctor to get yourself a fill where you are now. You can do this! you made the decision to do this, and you can!

It does sound like you need a fill. Also you mentioned not eating as well as you should. I know it's sucks but try to kickstart your weight loss by eating low cal/fat Protein and veggies. If you are on a food plan most schools now have grill where you can order chicken and veggies. Ask them to make thing with as little oil as possible and low salt flavorings.

Tab...CONGRATULATIONS ON 30lbs GONE!!!! WTG....that is like losing a toddler! So be proud of that!

Are you using any sites like myfitnesspal or sparkpeople? I use sparkpeople and count all my calories for the day. I have mine set to 1200 calories so when I hit that I know Im done for the day, no matter what. after a while you will really start thinking about what is worth it. Remember to get your Protein in so that you are fuller longer. I know with school it is hard because you are probably always on the go, so make sure you have healthy options with you at all times. And dont forget to keep drinking your Water..sometimes, after I finish my 24oz of Water (I do 24 oz at a time) the thought of eating makes me want to yak!

You have come a long way...dont give up...make the time to go get that fill and get back on track!

I'm 14 months out and "only" down 59 lbs. :P

I'll take whatever weight loss I can get. Because if I hadn't had the band for the last 14 months, I'd probably be up another 30+ lbs!!

I'm a slow loser compared to everyone else in my surgery date group, but it beats the alternative.

Also, as far as fills. I've had 6 fills. I'm at 8.2cc in a 9cc band. I think I'm just one of those people who took a long time to get to the green zone. I'm finally able to not eat 6inch subs or any bread really for that matter.

So, glass half full!!!! You're doing good!

30 pounds is awesome! Just sounds like you need a fill! You will probably feel much better after that!

Ditto what the others have said. Plus, how many CCs you have doesn't matter. It is how you FEEL that matters. If you are eating solid Proteins, able to eat large portions and big bites without issue, and getting hungry every couple of hours, then you probably need a fill.

Definitely see if you can find a doctor closer to you for a fill. There is no point in having a band if it is not fine tuned.

You all are the best! Thank you so much for the support, it means a lot to me! I'm definitely in a better mood now that I've read all of your posts. I was so disappointed in myself, and now I feel a lot better. Thanks again :)