Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering how long you were off work if you have an office job? thanks

I had about 4days off you just have to take it a little easy no lifting have a few walks around the office. You will be beaming dont worry :-)

Nurse and had 2 weeks off. Very little time spent sitting. Seemed about the perfect amount of time for me. Just been back for 2 days and feel fine.

I have a desk job and I am off 3 weeks courtesy of an amazing boss who wanted to give me time to heal and adjust to a new life! Its like a little new me vacation! :)

Was done on a Thursday so my 5 days included a weekend. I only actually missed Thursday and Friday. My job involves a lot of walking and it was hard to get energy at that point, but I made it through. Rough first few weeks with energy level. Good Luck!

Every person is unique in terms of what they need. I was still having significant pain at 4 days and only just starting to be able to get up out of a chair by myself. However, I am 60 years old and that could have affected things. I had plenty of leave accumulated so I took 3 weeks and it was great for me. Even though I felt better early in that 3rd week, I had the time to adjust to a mushy diet and I was well on my way when I returned to work.

My doctor said 3 or 4 days post op I could return to work. I am the boss so I have scheduled 5 working days. My surgery is scheduled for Friday, March 16th and I plan to return on the 26th. I had a lap hysterectomy in August and returned to work after 2 weeks. I figure this can't be nearly as bad so I should be fine.

My surgeon kept me out for 3 weeks. I'm at about a week and a half out now (surgery was 2/22) and def feel like I I could go back to work tomorrow. But since my doctor won't clear me until my post op appointment (on 3/15), I'm making the best of this mini vaca - hair, nails, facials, etc! :)

I had surgery at 40. Surgery was later afternoon on Thursday; stayed over and left the hospital just before noon on Friday. On Sunday my mother drove me to her house for the day (hour each way) no problems. Monday I started back to the gym about 45 minutes on the treadmill slow no incline. After gym would go home and take a nap. Out of work that week and then returned to work. So including the first day after surgery (Friday) I was out of work for 6 business days and spent a total of 10 days recovering.

I would say a week at the most if you are otherwise pretty healthy.

Desk job here.

I was off one week, half-time the second. I caught a cold about the time I was in the hospital. I had surgery on Friday, by Sunday I was starting to feel a scratchy throat. That did not aid my recovery.

I was planning to return full-time the second week, but I was so drained, it could not happen.

If not for the cold, I'd probably have been fine the second week.

Hi All-

Had my surgery last Wed (2/29) and went back to work today (3/5). It went really well! I do not have to lift or have a really physical job.

Any hairstylist banded?? I was banded 2.29 and I was supposed to return to work today. I'm still having alot of shortness of breath and pain. I decided to take off until Wednesday instead. My job is pretty physical.

I'm in beauty school and will be banded next week .. I took off a week I hope that's enough time !

Im a teacher and didnt take any time off. My co teacher (controller of students in my class at the time) knew of my surgery and I went back to work on Monday (surg was sat left hos on sunday) and "took it easy". I taught at the front of the class so on my feet all day but she got the students to help ie handing out papers so I wasnt running around.

I spent 4 hours on my feet 4 hours at my desk so it wasnt that bad. Post op my biggest challenge was stairs and the 10 walk up and down the hill to my house to and from work.

My doc said I should take a few days off ( actually I had so much gas in my lungs he wanted to keep me a few days but I went home against his wishes, since im still here 3 years later things worked out ok) but turned out ok. Now most of his patients follow my lead and go back to work asap helping with recovery because moving = gas going faster

I would suggest 1-2 days off work and then when back at work walk 5 mintues every hour and 10 deep breathes every hour