Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Without Exercise?

Im sure weight might come off...but exercise does miracles for your body...i did not loose not 1lb from july to december...i was 2 lbs away from my goal weight and wondered everyday why i had not lost a pound because i do exercise a LOT...but not a day went by that someone did not ask "how much more weight have you lost". I went from a size 10 to a size 8 being pretty loose on me. Soo many people thought i was continuing to loose weight..i was not ..i was loosing inches in wonderful places like my waist...toning up my arms and just looking so much better in my clothes....so my advice to you is that when you are ready exercise! I just had to have an ankle surgery because i fell and have not gained one pound despite the fact that i have been sitting on my butt for two months...so exercise also helps you keep that weight off! Good Luck...hope you find a fun way to work out!!!

i was just banded december 2011, and i hate to exercise but i know how important it is, so i joined the Ymca just before getting the band and now i go to Water fitness classes 3 times a week ! those class really are a workout ! i also hate to sweat or feel exhausted but swimming in the warm water doesnt feel like exercise but im working hard and sweating and getting my heart rate up the whole time and enjoying every minute of it ! besides water fitness classes i also try to walk alot but havent done much lately with the lousy weather . but hey, im down 22 lbs, look and feel tons better, have way more energy , im down 1 size and my clothes are getting loose AGAIN !! (Time to go shopping at goodwill again !) so, EXERCISE ! you'll be so glad you did !

Elcee I love ur suggestions but I have to admit I don't even know how to turn my tv on without the remote!!

Now that is SAD!

I think you can lose weight without exercising but your body will look more propitionate if you exercise too.

Before some year ago i was healthy and have over weight. I take a deeply plan for loosing weight and get attractive body. I do regular exercise in the morning for 30 mint. And after that go on walk for 1 km. I had totally neglect all the fat and over Protein foods items. Take a foods which have less fat and more Vitamins for healthy body. I was loss 60 lbs and achieve my weight goal.

I say if you're young exercise!! Take it from me.....10 yrs ago I went on a diet and lost 70lbs and didn't exercise because a friend of mine told me she didn't and still lost 80 lbs. Well I'm flabby and I'm sure that's the reason I am! At 60 I have no doubts that it's not going to go away no matter how much weight I lose. Exercise!

What a great post and SO TRUE! Without exercise you can still lose weight - and lots of it... but you will skew the percentage of where that lost weight will come from (fat vs. muscle) You want to keep as much lean muscle tissue as you can while losing all the fat you can... If you want to look good without your clothes on then you must focus on exercise, hydration (inside and out), and sleep - but regular SUFFICIENT exercise is a must! Focusing on these components will allow your skin to adjust and firm...

I have a question. I'm pre-band(surg. Scheduled for 4/27/12). I work out every morning, but don't have an appetite. I drink plenty of Water, but don't stomach eating that early. Should I drink Protein before or after my workouts? Any suggestions?

Your body has been fasting all night and does not have a storage system for Protein as it does carbohydrates (fat storage). In order to protect your lean muscle tissue always begin your day with some fuel - even if it is light.

I am not proud of it.... as I know I need to start exercising.... but I have lost 186lbs with out any formal exercise. I have started walking a mile or so... and plan on starting to bike in the evenings to build up some tone in my legs.... but I would say the answer to your question is yes... you can lose weight without exercise.

It's funny but I didn't start thinking about excercise until just this year...banded a year and a half. It is amazing how good I feel now that I'm walking more and going to a gym, Water aerobics once a week. It's ME time now!!!!

Yeah, you can lose a good amount of weight without doing any kind of exercise. Try walking everyday instead of using any type of vehicle. make use of stairs instead of an elevator. Even drinking Green Tea can help you to lose weight. But consult a doctor before going for it.

Every so often I walk, but didn't do anything strenuous. I am very flabby also. I am not sure if that is the reason or my age. I am 56. I am now doing Zumba 3x a week. I am going to start walking a lot.

I wake up early everyday whenever I go to work and I stop at the bus stop before my workplace and I walk. Somehow it made me lost some weights. Hope this helps :-)

I lost 90 pounds so far without any exercise whatsoever. Of course, I would have lost more and been healthier if I were exercising, but it's hard right now to find the time.